Defensive Carry banner

Do you support open carry with a permit?

• No

Votes: 254 53.7%
  • I don't care as long as it's open carry!!!

Votes: 61 12.9%
  • I think you should HAVE to have a permit

Votes: 111 23.5%
  • I don't support open carry

Votes: 47 9.9%

Do you support an open carry permit?

12K views 154 replies 96 participants last post by  tcox4freedom 
#1 ·
I'm just curious how many support an open carry permit vs. no permit open carry. To me having to have a permit for something that is a constitutional right is a huge slap in the face. I think it's just as bad as having no open carry what so ever.

#2 ·
Then why didn't you include that option in your poll? As written, none of the choices explicitly express that, so I didn't vote.

I agree with your opinion, BTW.

#44 ·
^^YEP^^^^^^^

I was looking for that selection,

Do you think you should have to have a permit to openly carry a firearm,

My answer would have been NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what? Hey! Where are ya going?

#3 ·
I don't believe in having to have a permit to carry period but my opinion doesn't matter to our elected idiots. The constitution does not say, ''the right of the people to bear arms, as long as permitted, shall not be infringed''.

#34 ·
Crap! I read that wrong. I thought it said "I think you shouldn't HAVE to have a permit!" I can't take it back.

^My thoughts exactly.

#4 ·
I don't think there should be a permit for carrying a firearm at all. Do you have to have a permit to speak freely, to exercise your choice of religions, to assemble? Only under very limited circumstances. The idea of having to have a permit to exercise a right under all circumstances is wrong to me.

#9 ·
No permit open carry. I support if fully, and actively do so in my state.

#12 ·
You should be able to OPEN carry WITHOUT PERMIT!

#13 ·
No Permits
No NCIS
No exceptions

#15 ·
Why do the people who voted otherwise not comment? In texas we can't open carry. It's been a no no since I think the 1800s I keep wanting to do more research as to why. I've heard it was originally meant for blacks and instead of nullifying it, it was expanded to everyone. I hope I'm not starting a rumor and I'm probably completely wrong just what I read somewere else.

#17 ·
I don't think a person should have to have a permit, period. Here in Montana we can OC without a permit but a permit is needed to CC within the city limits. I hate it. I don't know when I go from exercising a right when I OC to needing to ask permission when I throw on a coat or a long shirt that covers it or anything that hides my pistol from view.
The Second Amendment states: "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." The necessity of a permit is infringing on my right to bear arms. When did the Constitution and the Bill of rights become a suggestion?! It's like the Ten Commandments, they're not multiple choice so why then is our Constitution?

#23 ·
I did not vote because the choice that I wanted is not there. I have a permit to CC but I do not mind people who want to OC either. It is their choice where applicable. In Missouri, there are counties where you can OC and counties where you can't. Where we live is the latter...we can't OC. It would have been nice because it is easier for dress up when I prefer to use my Blackhawk as against my IWB.

#25 ·
We have too many restrictions on our rights already! No more permits! :hand1:

#27 ·
My Concealed Carry permit should be only the constitution as well, but unfortunately I have to adhere to government rules for the time being.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.