Do you support an open carry permit?

This is a discussion on Do you support an open carry permit? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I voted no. I do not support open carry with a permit. I support open carry without a permit. What's the problem?...

View Poll Results: Do you support open carry with a permit?

Voters
473. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

254 53.70%
  • I don't care as long as it's open carry!!!

61 12.90%
  • I think you should HAVE to have a permit

111 23.47%
  • I don't support open carry

47 9.94%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you support an open carry permit?

I voted no. I do not support open carry with a permit. I support open carry without a permit. What's the problem?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
    Longrider....... Are you freaking serious?

I think you may have to quantify your response.
    Did I quote or misquote you? Those I did quote posted misinformation. Common anti gun Brady Bunch myths and lies about OC in direct violation of forum rules. No I do not, will not, stand "with" anyone who supports gun control in any level. No I will not, do not, stand "with" anyone who presents misinformation on a public forum about gun ownership open or concealed carry.

Maybe some repeat brady bunch propaganda out of ignorance. Well they need to wake up, quit spreading lies. They need to start researching and have some idea of what they are talking about before posting the sky is falling myths. For fifty years I have watched my rights get sold down the creek by compromising half steppers. So no I do not have to stand with anyone who will tolerate gun control on any level. My sig says exactly what I feel about those that would compromise my rights
    Last edited by LongRider; February 14th, 2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: edited for grammer
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
    Step back, relax, and let's come together here and present a united front. Any opening in our defenses leaves ALL of us vulnerable ...
    Yes. So, let us be united around the critical concepts.

Let us be united around the fact that history has not been kind: in terms of criminal sidestepping of the Constitution's protections; in terms of the erosion of liberty; in terms of the ability of people to live their own lives without abhorrent baby-sitting by Uncle at nearly every turn; that there are no reasonable limits when "reasonable" is taken by the enemies to mean anything and everything up to and including proximity and operability that allows defensive weapons to be used in any manner. That sort of thing simply cannot be accepted anymore.

Let us be united around the concept that enough is enough; that we will tolerate no further evisceration of core, fundamental rights held by all citizens, particularly where that involves the ability of citizens to live or die in the face of criminal attack; and that we will accept nothing less than full restoration of the right to bear arms that has been stolen from the American people.

Anything short of that simply isn't good enough.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I didnt vote, but yes
    "Brains before Bullets"

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    PATHETIC !! Over 43% of the voters on a pro self defense board are gun control anti self defense fanatics. Confirming my long held suspicion that this board is infiltrated by Brady Bunch supporters and those who have bought the brain washing.
    The poll should have included the Hell freaking NO option
    As my sig says
    Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as dangerous, vile & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Gun permits Gun control does nothing to prevent crime it ONLY protects aids and abets the thugs and rapists. Anyone who thinks other wise needs to grow up, Get The Facts, quit drinking the kool aid or move to england

43% disgusting
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yes. So, let us be united around the critical concepts.

Let us be united around the fact that history has not been kind: in terms of criminal sidestepping of the Constitution's protections; in terms of the erosion of liberty; in terms of the ability of people to live their own lives without abhorrent baby-sitting by Uncle at nearly every turn; that there are no reasonable limits when "reasonable" is taken by the enemies to mean anything and everything up to and including proximity and operability that allows defensive weapons to be used in any manner. That sort of thing simply cannot be accepted anymore.

Let us be united around the concept that enough is enough; that we will tolerate no further evisceration of core, fundamental rights held by all citizens, particularly where that involves the ability of citizens to live or die in the face of criminal attack; and that we will accept nothing less than full restoration of the right to bear arms that has been stolen from the American people.

Anything short of that simply isn't good enough.
    Emphasis added by me. WOW. That may very well be your most eloquent post ever. Very impressive well thought out and written it should be a sticky banner on every page. Better than my foaming at the mouth rants about the traitor rat sell outs who are casually selling our rights down river in the name of compromise.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Better than my foaming at the mouth rants ...
    My sentiments, exactly.

It should certainly be the goal, IMO. Whether we'll get there before everything implodes is still a question.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

GM
    I believe that if you can legally own a firearm then you should not need to have a carry permit to carry.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

If you believe that why not at least stand up? Vote for what you believe. At least give us an honest refection of the anti gun bias that there is on this board.

Do you own a gun? Do you carry? Why would any sane rational person especially a gun owner support more gun control? The vast majority of states do not require permits, registration or certification to Open Carry. There have been no problems associated with allowing human being to exercise their God given rights un-infringed. Your permits would do nothing to reduce crime or protect law abiding citizens. Like concealed weapons permits and other feel good gun control laws your Open Carry permits would only protect rapists and thugs. Your Open Carry permits will result in law abiding people being raped robbed and murdered. As was my friend Rebecca. Murdered because of you and people like you. Gunned down while waiting for her gun permit. Guess what? Her psycho boy friend did not bother getting one of your permits. That is the consequence of your actions and your support for infringing upon our God given rights. Carry permits like those you support got her killed.

When are you people going to figure it out? Criminals do not care about your gun control laws. Or do you already know that? Is that the deal? Do you have murdering rapist thugs friends allies or crime partners whom you are trying to protect and supply defenseless unarmed victims too?

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    My sentiments, exactly.
    Mmm not quite sure how to take that. Was that about the rants or about being pro 2A. No big as long as you support 2A as it was intended your all right by me.

VIP Member
    Yeah, the selections are sorta ambiguous but I don’t believe people should be required to have a permit to OC.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    I do not believe any permit should be required for a citizen of the United States to legally carry a firearm, either openly, or concealed.

If you use your firearm to commit a crime, you should be punished to the full extent of the law. Otherwise, you should simply be left the heck alone to go about your life the way we were meant to. You are either a thug or you are not. A gun on your hip does not change who you are.

Just my opinion,
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Why does the government need yet another control and source of income from their already overburdened middle class? The govt needs to reduce itself in size and extent., thus the T.E.A. party movement.
    I just renewed my driver's license... It costs a whopping $40.50 now compared to $12.50 a few years ago. The govt. fees are far outstripping private sector wages or fees.
    So NO we don't need another stinkin' gun control fee/permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
    I agree that a right to carry should not require a permit. However, if it were that way, we would have people carrying firearms that have no business near one, and one really important fact, we would not know the GG from the BG.
    Yes you do...intent.

Criminals carry anyway....police aren't stopping them unless they have committed a crime.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i personally live in a state where open carry and concealed carry requires a LICENSE, not a permit. IMHO, i think that a permit or license is a good idea for any kind of carry, i enjoy my right to carry, and i have OC'ed and CC'ed. The only purpose i can see for a permit or license in general is the fact that it shows that I have passed FBI and ATF background checks as well as the one done by ISPD. Then if asked by a sheep if it is legal or not, i can take out my permit and show them that i am licensed to carry and that it is my right to choose how to do so. This normally results in a conversation about carrying and a possibility to turn a sheep into a sheepdog. Not to mention it puts LEO's at ease during an encounter because someone who open carries without a permit may or may not have obtained their firearm legally, that being said, most criminals won't OC anyway, but some are stupid and do

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    in addition to my earlier comment, i believe in a SHALL issue license or permit, not MAY issue

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Links