Better Wal Mart experience last night.

This is a discussion on Better Wal Mart experience last night. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I stopped into Conover, NC WM last night after work, about midnight. Stalking some ammo that I had heard was beginning to reappear in the ...

Thread: Better Wal Mart experience last night.

Better Wal Mart experience last night.

I stopped into Conover, NC WM last night after work, about midnight. Stalking some ammo that I had heard was beginning to reappear in the area. I walked back to sporting goods and stared at a relatively well stocked ammo cabinet. It took me a while to track down the 9mm, but it was there!!!!

An associate walked by and I asked him if he could have a manager come back and unlock the cabinet. His response was, "I don't think we sell ammo this late." I explained that all I needed was a manager with a key to the cabinet. He went to check and returned to tell me it would be a few minutes. A manager arrives, and notices I am carrying by the double take. He unlocked the case and got the last 6 boxes of 9mm. Then he walked it to the front to check out. We small talked on the way. Dealt with a cashier and CSM at the front because it was not ringing up. Not one single question and all of them noticed. All told at least 4 employees dealt with and several passed by without a peep.

I called WM CS today to complain about the treatment from Granite Falls and to give Conover an ataboy. We drove out of our way to Conover today to shop there a little bit. Hopefully I'll get a resolutuion soon on the Granite Falls issue and post it as well. Uneventful OC, as it should be.

2. Remove Ads

Nice, glad everything went well.

Last time I went to Wal Mart, they wouldn't let me buy "Taken" (R rated) because my girlfriend didn't have her ID on her while she was with me.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    Nice, glad everything went well.

Last time I went to Wal Mart, they wouldn't let me buy "Taken" (R rated) because my girlfriend didn't have her ID on her while she was with me.
    did you have her leave so you could purchase it?...

And a good one on ya!

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Excellent! Glad to hear it went so well this time. And how'd you get SIX boxes? The one in University City restricts your max purchase to FIVE. :(
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Excellent! Glad to hear it went so well this time. And how'd you get SIX boxes? The one in University City restricts your max purchase to FIVE. :(
    They did not have a restriction posted. And it was all the FMJ's they had. I think I could have bought the 2 boxes of JHP 9mm as well. But there were 147 gr, I shoot 115s. If it was FMJ I would not care but the JHP were $15.97 for a 50 rd box. Great price, just decided against it. And I knew the wife might stomach $80, but not breaking $100 on ammo. On the up side, I think we are going shooting again tomorrow!

The restrictions are store policy and ARE NOT corporate policy. I think a guy from OCDO had them remove the restriction when he proved it was not corporate policy. I think he educated them about selling ammo late as well. Might owe him a thumbs up too.

weel i am glad that someone is gettin ammo from wal mart. here they have none. or the gun shows dealers/sellers gets it all.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    weel i am glad that someone is gettin ammo from wal mart. here they have none. or the gun shows dealers/sellers gets it all.
    It's only taken 3+ months and many empty handed trips. Hopefully it's your turn next. Find out when their shipments come in. Then find out when sporting goods stocks. Start calling about the time they normally stock to see what they are getting. Or just show up a midnight and get lucky.

That is great news chiefjason! Glad to hear it!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

My local W-Mart also never has any ammo when I go in regardless of the day or time! I asked the worker bee when the shipments came in so maybe I could get there in time but I get the same reply every time " You just never know when it will show". It's very frustrating to say the least.
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

I got 900 rnds from two WW around my area ;-)
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I stopped into Conover, NC WM last night after work, about midnight. Stalking some ammo that I had heard was beginning to reappear in the area. I walked back to sporting goods and stared at a relatively well stocked ammo cabinet. It took me a while to track down the 9mm, but it was there!!!!

An associate walked by and I asked him if he could have a manager come back and unlock the cabinet. His response was, "I don't think we sell ammo this late." I explained that all I needed was a manager with a key to the cabinet. He went to check and returned to tell me it would be a few minutes.
    A couple of years ago, there was a nasty incident in Tempe, AZ, in which a dumped boyfriend lay in wait in an apartment complex, and shot and killed the ex-girlfriend's best friend (because she had advised her friend to dump the guy) and another girl she was with. He then killed himself.

After the dust settled came the inevitable lawsuits, and Litigation 101 teaches "sue everyone in sight, and go for the deepest pockets." In this case, the parents of both murdered girls are indeed suing everyone in sight, including Wal-Mart. Why Wal-Mart? Because the killer bought his 9mm ammo at a local Wal-Mart around midnight, a little while before he shot the girls. Wal-Mart's store policy is "no ammunition sales after 9 pm" - at least at the store in question. Because they violated their own internal policy, the plaintiffs are claiming contributory negligence and thus some degree of liability. Not surprisingly, Wal-Mart has the deepest pockets of all the named defendants.

It's premature to guess which way the legal action will go (the case is still in discovery), but my point is that at least some Wal-Marts have policies that dictate a cutoff time for ammo sales. You can bet your S.A. that there's a Wal-Mart in Tempe, AZ that follows that policy strictly!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links