Cool OC thing

This is a discussion on Cool OC thing within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I OC'd at Wally World today, without anyone seeming to notice. But while I walking to the car, I had a guy from Georgia call ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool OC thing

Cool OC thing

I OC'd at Wally World today, without anyone seeming to notice. But while I walking to the car, I had a guy from Georgia call out to me before he got too close and he said, "I just want to shake your hand for carrying that pistol. I am a big big supporter of the Second Amendment...
    I don't recall exactly what he said, probably because I was so surprised. He did tell me that he is learning the laws of Montana and that he has a CCW permit from Georgia.

Nice guy and it was really cool to get that acknowledgment!

If you are that guy, thank you very much!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Good to hear that there're still decent folk out there!

Apparently, you aren't one of the few on here who are so paranoid they won't even shake someone's hand

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    Nice guy and it was really cool to get that acknowledgment!
    Definitely good to read this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Apparently, you aren't one of the few on here who are so paranoid they won't even shake someone's hand
    I had the same thought on reading post #1. Of course I shake hands dexter and shoot sinister.

GA doenst have a CCW permit.... it has a Georgia firearms license(GFL)
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

I had a similar experience in Utah a little while ago. A friend and I stopped in at Panda Express after shooting out in the west desert area I Utah. He had a 1911 in a serpa on his hip and I had my xd in a thigh rig. A older couple as well as a another couple asked if we were LEO's. We told them that we were not and they then went ahead and thanked us for excercising our right to carry. Thy were happy to see young kids (we were in college at the time) who hadn't gone crazy liberal as they called it. They said to keep it up.

Sounds like a great OC experience! Congrats!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

sounds like a cool experience to have. i remember mine: i was having dinner with my family at a restaurant. i was carrying a Sigma at that time. behind us were 3 people, two men and a lady. one of them was a PA Constable. while we ate, the other gentleman kept looking at me and my gun. it was my first time OCing, so i got a little nervous. he leaned over and asked, "who are you with?"

"huh?"

"are you on the job?"

"um, no. i drive a forklift."

"you're not a badge?"

"nope."

he looked at me, kind of shocked, then asked, "why do you carry like that, and not concealed?"

"well, i just found out it's legal to do, and concealing is kind of a pain. as for why i carry, i do it for them," motining to my kids.

he reached his hand out, and said, "well, i'm glad that you do that, young man. the 2A is for everyone, not just for guys like me and my partner here." he told me he was also a Constable, and we chatted for a bit.

then, a few weeks later, me and some friends were hassled by Dickson City PD for open carrying....

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar

Awesome!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

You lost your tactical advantage by OC and your low SA allowed a total stranger to grab your extended strong hand (assuming OC on strong side) in which your body could have been pulled towards your weak side and you could have been disarmed with your back pointed towards the assailant (whose strong hand could have been opposite from yours)..................

I'm just messing with ya....cool deal. I'm glad you shared the positive feedback!!!

Sorry for messing with ya in the beginning of my reply...couldn't resist a little over the top humor.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

GM
    You are right, he was a very nice guy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I love a good OC experience
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Ok I'll be the paranoid one. I don't know you, you don't get that close to me

Sorry

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I've had a few encounters like that. I was checking out at the supermarket one time and Johnny Zits behind the counter thought it was pretty cool that I was OC. He said he was getting ready to turn 21 and really wanted to get a handgun and his LCTF. He thinks it's cool there are still some of us out there that exercise our right, and that he was "totally pro gun"

VIP Member
    I always like to hear positive OC stories. Glad there are others who OC as well. I have yet to have a negative OC experience, hope it stays that way.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

When living in phoenix I open carried everywhere but work and home (was 19 at the time so no permit options). Was asked by cops a couple of times why I carried, Told them I bounced at a bar, normal response was "good luck with that, I wouldn't want your job" or "you guys are crazy". Had a large amount of republican bumperstickered vehicles honk and wave as I rode the motorcycle to work. But in person never had anyone comment + or - either way. (i did get the odd look from the local stop'N'rob attendants but they never commented.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links