FL permit in TN

This is a discussion on FL permit in TN within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by danxd45 What's the point in having rights if you are too scared to practice them? Thats like saying don't carry a gun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FL permit in TN

Quote Originally Posted by danxd45 View Post
    What's the point in having rights if you are too scared to practice them? Thats like saying don't carry a gun at all because we wouldn't want to lose the right to bear arms.

I understand Nashville may be different from Memphis, but if everyone is too scared to OC "cause the cops might hassle me" then why would you care if its legal or not?
    For the reason I stated. If 50% of the state population carried it may become socially acceptable, but not at 2-3%. Many states are concealed carry only, some states will not issue a permit so obviously each state can and does audit/control how that right is exercised and/or denied. In TN I think we are quite fortunate to have as few restrictions as we do so "I" choose not to do things that may aggravate an uneasy situation with law enforcement or other hoplophobic's. Its enough to know I have the "proper tool" at my disposal if and when needed. Use the word "scared" if you choose to... I would rather believe constant pressure consistently applied through the vote, reciprocity between states and bringing people into the armed life style will turn the tide.
    Thanks for reading my views.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by lowgroove View Post
    How often do you, or others, get hassled by LEO for OC? I'm not going to be wearing a sign that says "I'm from out of town please check my permit". But at the same time I understand what your saying that it could cause an issue if I were to be asked. BTW, I'll be in the Murfreesboro and S. Nashville areas.
    You should be fine in those areas most LEO's won't even bother you that I know of. I've open carried in Murfreesboro several times without any problems. (FYI theres a cool store called The Outpost south of Murfreesboro in Christiana thats worth checking out.)

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Dan, public and LE perception to OC vary by area. All I'm saying, is legal or not, be ready to be hassled if the OP does it. Having an out of state permit may add to the wasted time dealing with an officer who is mis informed.

Do it if you like, but don't be surprised to be approached.
    If I'm not mistaken, having a permit from any state that TN recognizes would still be legal regardless. If OC is legal with a permit set forth by TN law, I would imagine you would be legal to OC or CC as long as your permit is recognized by TN, resident or not. I'm pretty sure the law doesn't say you can only OC on a TN permit.

Does that seem correct?

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, having a permit from any state that TN recognizes would still be legal regardless. If OC is legal with a permit set forth in TN law, I would imagine you would be legal as long as your permit is recognized by TN, resident or not. I'm pretty sure the law doesn't say you can only OC on a TN permit.

Does that seem correct?
    Completely.
    My only point was that not ALL of the LEO one may encounter are always 100% correct in this area, (they're human, after all)and it may cause just a bit of heart burn if approached.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links