Open Carry Noob, Critique My Attire

This is a discussion on Open Carry Noob, Critique My Attire within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gasmitty Ahem... translate, please. I may OC my EDC in an OWB and put a BUG in a IWB, load 'em both ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open Carry Noob, Critique My Attire

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Ahem... translate, please.

I may OC my EDC in an OWB and put a BUG in a IWB, load 'em both with WWB JHPs and of course I always have my CCW right next to my DL in a pocket in my BDUs... but WTH is GATTTOTP???

That one isn't on the 3-page list of acronyms and abbreviations published here a few months ago, so I'm lost.
    Stands for "Going Armed to the Terror of the People"

2. Remove Ads

Yeah here in NC SOME LEOs have the impression that OC constitutes Going Armed To The Terror Of The Public(or Ppl)..

For those in Eastern NC, I noticed last nite that the Clinton WM does NOT have ANY No Weapons signs posted... just FYI..

Quote Originally Posted by Elitematch View Post
    Yeah here in NC SOME LEOs have the impression that OC constitutes Going Armed To The Terror Of The Public(or Ppl)..

For those in Eastern NC, I noticed last nite that the Clinton WM does NOT have ANY No Weapons signs posted... just FYI..
    This, it's a goofy old English common law idea that creeps up from time to time. It's the go to argument for folks who think OC is a bad idea in NC. And it's bogus. We have NC Supreme Court case law to show it's bogus. Noone seems to remember State v Huntley though.

Sentry, what are you trying to say? Does your computer not have spellcheck? None of those words are spelled right and they are all caps. hehe That's too funny.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007BondJames View Post
    Never OC with a Glock. They are ugly and should never be seen in public. Life is to short to carry an ugly gun. Get a nice shiny 1911. Never said Glocks were a bad gun I would CC Glocks only. LOL
    sorry...we're like dog owners and many of us resemble our guns in the looks department...so its appropriate...

for those of you who think you are as good looking as your 1911...well...you know what they say....

SentryOne - Quick question - As a fellow CO resident, I was wondering what part of CO do you OC in? I've heard that Denver and Boulder are off-limits. I would think that the rural areas and most of the mountain areas (outside of Aspen and Vale) would be fairly receptive.

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    sorry...we're like dog owners and many of us resemble our guns in the looks department...so its appropriate...

for those of you who think you are as good looking as your 1911...well...you know what they say....
    Don't those fall into the "nickel plated sissy gun" category Tommy Lee Jones was talking about in US Marshals?

Seattle bleeding out

I think the average Joe in Seattle (excluding downtown suits) dress pretty much the same as you in CO. I was thinking about getting one of those Sig jackets with the holster pockets, but I have to order it online and I don't know if they're practical. Any thoughts?

As far as CC here, even with a permit you are treated worse than a Leper. Those, they would take in and feed. It's illegal to carry (or smoke) in any city parks, any government or public buildings even if you have a permit. It's a good thing Seattle doesn't have an NBA team anymore because only the players would have guns. I think these bleeding heart liberals want to be annexed by Canada.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence level.

Just Wanted To Make Sure You Heard :)

Local News | Judge's ruling ends Seattle parks gun ban | Seattle Times Newspaper

Apparently there is a little hope for the state of Washington :)

Well for starters, I think that people should not look like slobs when out in public anyway. Exceptions my fall into the "I'm painting and have to quickly run up to Home Depot for another brush category." Other than that, look presentable.
    That said, dress normal, act normal, the gun shouldn't scare anyone except some of the , and if you're legal, don't worry about it.

Pics would help...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by alan0269 View Post
    Don't those fall into the "nickel plated sissy gun" category Tommy Lee Jones was talking about in US Marshals?
    Good comeback, I'll have to remember that one the next time Glock bashing rears it's ugly head.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    YOU HAVE COP HAIR! Seriously, I would also dress a bit more ‘two-shoes’ if I were to open carry. Let’s see, I got nailed the last time I wrote ‘perception trumps facts every time’ but it is, a statement of fact. On the other hand, I don’t want to look like a skin-head with a gun either... More than I do by phyiscal default.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links