Do any African Amercians open carry? - Page 9

Do any African Amercians open carry?

This is a discussion on Do any African Amercians open carry? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BugDude According to the US Census Bureau, hispanics are categorized from a race definition perspective as caucasian. Ethnicity would be a subset ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Do any African Amercians open carry?

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    According to the US Census Bureau, hispanics are categorized from a race definition perspective as caucasian. Ethnicity would be a subset within race. There is a difference betweem Race, Ethnicity, and National Origin. I'm on my local 2010 Census Committee and have learned a couple of things.
    Yep. ^^

Hispanics not just by the US census (government) but from an anthropological view (science) are viewed as being a subset ethnicity of Caucasian...just as you state.

My response if you note is to the persons statement that hispanic is neither a race nor an ethnicity, which of course is not the case.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

An ethnic group has to do with the genetic makeup of a person, not a general category like Hispanic. There is no Hispanic "ethnic group". Like the Kurds who live in Northern Iraq, they are still Iraqi but they are Kurdish by ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophyhunter View Post
    everytime we are together we are harrassed When im hunting alone NO PROBLEMS But, Mark has Decieded not to ever open carry because of this .wish it didnt have to be that way...
    It does NOT HAVE to be that way personally I am opposed to the sue for money mentality. There are examples on this forum where I "could" have sued for money and opted not to. This however is a case where the two of you and maybe others (as witnesses) need to join together. Set it up with a lawyer, if you can. Do a sting operation. Record it if you can and sue the racist anti 2A department into bankruptcy. Repeat until there is NO more harassment of anyone open carrying black white red yellow brown or green.

Your guys choice live with it or change it.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by CplVargas View Post
    An ethnic group has to do with the genetic makeup of a person, not a general category like Hispanic. There is no Hispanic "ethnic group". Like the Kurds who live in Northern Iraq, they are still Iraqi but they are Kurdish by ethnicity.
    Social and cultural anthropologists disagree...

An ethnic group is a group of humans whose members identify with each other, through a common heritage that is real or assumed- sharing cultural characteristics[1][2] This shared heritage may be based upon putative common ancestry, history, kinship, religion, language, shared territory, nationality or physical appearance.

Source - Ethnic group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Additional reading toward same;

ETHNICITY AND RACE: An Introduction to the Nature of Social Group Differentiation and Inequality
    Ethnicity and Race: Nature of Ethnicity

The study of ethnicity, minority groups, and identity
    anthropology :: The study of ethnicity, minority groups, and identity -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

This has been established science and medical fact for several centurys now as related to the study human beings and world cultures.

There are just 4.5 races among modern humanity.
    Hispanic/Latino is not one of them as they are an ethnicity (akin to the Moors of old), as being a sub-set of the Caucasoid/Caucasian race.

Not because I say so.
    Medical, cultural and social science and scientists do and have been saying so for over 200 yrs going back to the late 16th and early 17th centurys. : |

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Jang

I clicked on the link of the signature you post for the Florida Div. of Licensing and read the name of the commissioner.
    His name is Charles Bronson. WOW! No wonder he's in charge of gun laws. LOL

I gew up on Chicago's south side. During my years there, I was assaulted, numerous times by blacks. My wife, my brother, and my mother were also assaulted by blacks. I have to believe the assaults were racially motivated because all of us were just minding our own business and being white. However, I would not look askance at any black carrying a gun. I might even be comforted because I might assme this was a responsible, law abiding citizen who had followed the rules earned the right to carry. It is the gun I couldn't see that would concern me.

Regarding the picture of the young people in the baggy clothes, they sure look like thugs to me and I would be very wary of them. If they aren't thugs, I would suggest they change their manner of dress because, regardless of their motivation, if they are perceived as violent punks, that is what is going to get them in trouble.

The white wannabes just look like damn fools and make me want to chuckle.

It would be interesting to see what those of you who do bias as based on clothing would suggest is appropriate and/or 'non-thug' clothing & outerwear.

Please go here to Google Image Search; Google Images

Provide us with visual examples of what your words mean.
    Myself I am quite confused by some of the words posted by several folk as through out this thread.

Thanks for your candor and participation.

- Janq

It is not clothing alone. It is multiple factors. But you cannot deny that clothing plays a role.

Why are minorities arrested more?
    Is it because police are racist?
    Is it because minorities commit more crimes?

You also cannot deny that rap music / culture does not glorify crime. You would be hard pressed to find more then a handful of albums that dont feature Drugs, Murder or gratuitious Sex and the glamor of living life as a gangsta.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    It is not clothing alone. It is multiple factors. But you cannot deny that clothing plays a role.

Why are minorities arrested more?
    Is it because police are racist?
    Is it because minorities commit more crimes?

You also cannot deny that rap music / culture does not glorify crime. You would be hard pressed to find more then a handful of albums that dont feature Drugs, Murder or gratuitious Sex and the glamor of living life as a gangsta.
    I agree.

JD
    Administrator

Everyone take 5.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Sponsored Links