OC in Wal-Mart Wendover Ave & Brifdord Parkway, Greensboro, NC.

This is a discussion on OC in Wal-Mart Wendover Ave & Brifdord Parkway, Greensboro, NC. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now, I have OCed many times in Walmarts closer to my home in High Point, Randleman and Asheboro, NC. I have had no problems whatsoever ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC in Wal-Mart Wendover Ave & Brifdord Parkway, Greensboro, NC.

OC in Wal-Mart Wendover Ave & Brifdord Parkway, Greensboro, NC.

Now, I have OCed many times in Walmarts closer to my home in High Point, Randleman and Asheboro, NC. I have had no problems whatsoever from the staff or the customers in those stores. Now I got to the one in Greensboro mentioned in the subject line. No problems from the staff. I saw a few glances from staff and customers eyeing my Glock 26 in my Blackhawk Sportster Serpa holster. Now my SA kicked in as I noticed a customer with a buggy pull out his phone and slow as I passed him. I glanced at the reflection in the drink case as I passed and saw that he started to follow me. I grabbed my Advil that I came for and headed back the way I came. I stopped and acted like I was trying to find something I the drink cases and as I moved forward and back he kept with me. I grabbed a drink and I was close enough to hear him giving his location and my description to who he was talking too. I checked out and the cashier noticed the gun as I caught at least three looks she gave it. The guy followed me to the door and left his buggy and I think he wanted to see what car I was in and I stopped halfway to it and looked around and moved back toward him and he darted back into the store. I saw him move past the foyer and I turned back and got in my car. Now I made no aggressive or quick moves. I smiled at everybody I made eye contact with including the sheeple that followed me. Now I am dressed in new jeans and a nice Saddlebred T-shirt from Belks. No gang colors or Tats so the only thing that could have him concerned was the Evil Black Glock on my belt. Well the only reason I went to that Walmart is that it is near the Hotel I am at. I can see the Walmart from my room. I write this in my hotel room and as I am finishing I hear a Police siren and I go out and see the Police car fly onto the Walmart parking lot. Response time about 30 minutes. (I waited in the parking lot about 20 minutes waiting for my girlfriend to come out with the stuff she wanted to get.)
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2¼ barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Only one police car?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yep, just one. I haven't heard any other sirens and I am back inside so I wouldn't have noticed if any more came in after without a siren running.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2¼ barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Why would you leave your girlfriend in the store while you waited in the car? And if you knew the guy was calling on you, I think I would have tried to go up and talk with him. It is alot easier than talking with the LEO's JMO... glad nothing bad came of it... I hope mr. sheeple got educated on the OC law's of your state.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I would like to think I would have tried to talk to someone that was following me around and staring at me.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Quote Originally Posted by ramrunnr View Post
    Yep, just one. I haven't heard any other sirens and I am back inside so I wouldn't have noticed if any more came in after without a siren running.
    I would assume it is a separate incident. I can't think of a reason the department would hold the call for thirty minutes, then send an officer lights and siren.

I would have confronted him. Asked him why he was following me and said that I was gonna call the police on HIM for his suspicious behavior. When he says that he has done nothing wrong I would ask what exactly it was that I did wrong.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    I would have confronted him. Asked him why he was following me and said that I was gonna call the police on HIM for his suspicious behavior. When he says that he has done nothing wrong I would ask what exactly it was that I did wrong.
    That is probably what I should have done. Every time that I moved toward him, he moved away. I didn't want to approach him and freak him out, maybe that was wrong of me. I could have started toward him and maybe motioned him towards me for us to talk.

As for my gf she was CCing her P-3at and a small can of OC spray and she knows how to take care of herself and I was not concerned for her safety.

At this time of night the GPD can be a little too thin. I worked at a retail store here and the response time for an alarm was about the same. I arrived at the store as the officer did, she told me that she was on the other side of her patrol and that she was the closest to the store when the call came in.

That is probably what I should have done. Every time that I moved toward him, he moved away. I didn't want to approach him and freak him out, maybe that was wrong of me. I could have started toward him and maybe motioned him towards me for us to talk.

As for my gf she was CCing her P-3at and a small can of OC spray and she knows how to take care of herself and I was not concerned for her safety.

At this time of night the GPD can be a little too thin. I worked at a retail store here and the response time for an alarm was about the same. I arrived at the store as the officer did, she told me that she was on the other side of her patrol and that she was the closest to the store when the call came in.
    I think you did exactly right up to the point where you turned around to "chase" the guy with the phone. The guy was obviously afraid of you so any confrontation is just going to make him more afraid. And he'd be right to feel that way since the "man with a gun" was now getting into his face (even if in a friendly manner).

You cannot undo fear if you back someone into a corner through what they PERCEIVE as a threat. Better to just let it go and deal with the cops if/when they show up.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Yeah I would certainly have made eye contact and motioned him over, especially knowing that the response time was that long. At least you could have had enough conversation to say, "Hey, I can see you following me and it is creeping me out. Can I help you with something?" And perhaps even give him a little insight into OC law in NC.

I am very glad that I have never had anything like this happen in AZ, at least to anyone I know. Then again, I almost always CC.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Hmm... The only thing I might have done differently is talked to whatever manager (assistant, shift, etc etc) was available and say you were "concerned" because a "suspicious" man was following you. If you wanted a nice laugh, you should have called the police yourself and said "there's a suspicious man following me and giving my description on the phone. I think he's talking to an accomplice and I'm afraid they might be planning to rob me after I leave the store."

I wonder why they sent a police car with sirens blasting for a "friendly man smiling at everyone with a gun on his hip."

I wonder what he told them... "Yeah...there's this man, with a gun in a holister on his hip. He's like, walking around the store picking up merchandise. Wait... now he's going to the register. He just smiled at the cashier. Wait wait... now he's paying... ok... i'm following... oh... he's walking to his car... he's about to leave.... wait, he's stopping... OH MY GOD I GOTTA RUN!"

I would have loved to hear that phone conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Hmm... The only thing I might have done differently is talked to whatever manager (assistant, shift, etc etc) was available and say you were "concerned" because a "suspicious" man was following you. If you wanted a nice laugh, you should have called the police yourself and said "there's a suspicious man following me and giving my description on the phone. I think he's talking to an accomplice and I'm afraid they might be planning to rob me after I leave the store."
    I like this response. At the very least I would have complained to the manager and let him deal with it; that's what he's paid for.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

YOu could always see if they can find the call under the FOIA. Not really worth the time, but would be interesting. From what I have gathered over at OCDO in the NC forum the WM's in Greensboro take OC differently depending on where they are. Some are fine and some get a bit weird. A few have been straightened out already. But since this was a customer that's not as relevant.

Now, I have OCed many times in Walmarts closer to my home in High Point, Randleman and Asheboro, NC. I have had no problems whatsoever from the staff or the customers in those stores. Now I got to the one in Greensboro mentioned in the subject line. No problems from the staff. I saw a few glances from staff and customers eyeing my Glock 26 in my Blackhawk Sportster Serpa holster. Now my SA kicked in as I noticed a customer with a buggy pull out his phone and slow as I passed him. I glanced at the reflection in the drink case as I passed and saw that he started to follow me. I grabbed my Advil that I came for and headed back the way I came. I stopped and acted like I was trying to find something I the drink cases and as I moved forward and back he kept with me. I grabbed a drink and I was close enough to hear him giving his location and my description to who he was talking too. I checked out and the cashier noticed the gun as I caught at least three looks she gave it. The guy followed me to the door and left his buggy and I think he wanted to see what car I was in and I stopped halfway to it and looked around and moved back toward him and he darted back into the store. I saw him move past the foyer and I turned back and got in my car. Now I made no aggressive or quick moves. I smiled at everybody I made eye contact with including the sheeple that followed me. Now I am dressed in new jeans and a nice Saddlebred T-shirt from Belks. No gang colors or Tats so the only thing that could have him concerned was the Evil Black Glock on my belt. Well the only reason I went to that Walmart is that it is near the Hotel I am at. I can see the Walmart from my room. I write this in my hotel room and as I am finishing I hear a Police siren and I go out and see the Police car fly onto the Walmart parking lot. Response time about 30 minutes. (I waited in the parking lot about 20 minutes waiting for my girlfriend to come out with the stuff she wanted to get.)
    That same will be expecting the police to be everywhere to protect the herd at all times.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post

I wonder why they sent a police car with sirens blasting for a "friendly man smiling at everyone with a gun on his hip."

I wonder what he told them... "Yeah...there's this man, with a gun in a holister on his hip. He's like, walking around the store picking up merchandise. Wait... now he's going to the register. He just smiled at the cashier. Wait wait... now he's paying... ok... i'm following... oh... he's walking to his car... he's about to leave.... wait, he's stopping... OH MY GOD I GOTTA RUN!"

I would have loved to hear that phone conversation.
    That all made me laugh!
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links