OC to medical building went well

This is a discussion on OC to medical building went well within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good experience during a first-time visit to my new primary care doctor, a 2-hour visit with lots of staff and other patients around. For you ...

Thread: OC to medical building went well

Good experience during a first-time visit to my new primary care doctor, a 2-hour visit with lots of staff and other patients around.

For you locals, it's the Rainbow Medical Center (1302 W Craig Rd) across from Home Depot. This is one of those medical buildings with a half-dozen doctors.

Spent about 1 hour in the open waiting area filling out all those first time patient forms (OMG, I hate those places, all sorts of sick people hanging around). Never less than eight or ten people with nobody seeming to notice.

Spent about 1 hour in the scary parts of the place. Everybody noticed, but no adverse reactions. Almost blew it when the med tech took my weight. I carry bandolier style due to my weight so I slipped the strap over my head. Just for an instant, I started to hand it to the tech to hold for me before I thought to myself .... dumb $h#t!! Just laid it on a nearby cart within arms reach; only took a moment.

Might have made a convert. While waiting for the doctor in one of those teeny back rooms, the med tech brought in another tech, who was fascinated by guns, for a chat. Neither of them knew that NV was an open carry state. I educated for a while about why I carry -- self defense needed, better deterrence IMO of OC v. CC, places banning guns, etc. The guy left with a really big grin.

Doctor didn't seem to care. I took off the bandolier rig and laid it on the examining table while he listened to my lungs, so he couldn't have missed seeing it.

I hope this was another example that citizens are desensitizing to OC, and not just that nobody sees much of a threat from the overweight seasoned citizen.

Be safe out there.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    it is always good to here about the educational stories that happen, because more and more means less phone calls (don't I hope) good job keep it up...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Glad it went well, hope there won't be a sign up next time you go-

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I have a great Doc, he hunts and loves firearms of all sorts.
    If I went in and wasn't carrying(concealed in my case), I'm pretty sure I'd get a lecture about not taking care of my own health.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Congrats on a great visit to a medical building here in Vegas. It's nice to know there are still some people who don't freak out over someone OC'ing.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Links