Poll Should Starbuck Allow Guns In Their Stores???

This is a discussion on Poll Should Starbuck Allow Guns In Their Stores??? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Voted, for whatever that's worth. " We urge Starbucks to respect the rights of ... its customers, who seek to take their families into its ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll Should Starbuck Allow Guns In Their Stores???

Voted, for whatever that's worth.

"We urge Starbucks to respect the rights of ... its customers, who seek to take their families into its stores without facing the intimidating presence of openly carried guns,” said Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign.
    Rights? Nobody has a right to be in public at the expense of citizens who carry life-saving defensive tools.

Whereas, by comparison, all citizens do indeed have a right to carry such life-saving defensive tools, even if it froths the foam of those near them, at a Starbucks coffee joint or anywhere else.

The Brady Bunch have been smoking crack, apparently. Which doesn't distinguish it from any other day.

The Bradys are, yet again, deluded to the point of not seeing straight. Yet again, they confuse rights with lesser desires, hoping that their fear-mongering can sidestep true rights of all American citizens. What sort of Americans are these, who dare take actual rights from citizens?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RXtion View Post
    Yep, I did that. Use it for whatever you like.

Here is a slightly better version. The text wasn't quite right on the last one.
    Awesome, may I use it too? I can see several customers enjoying that embroidered on a shirt.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Some wonderful comments below that article. A couple of the latest:

tripod said on February 13, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I carry a gun and get my coffee at Starbucks... I suppose I could get my coffee elsewhere. If the BCPGV were to somehow convince Starbuck's to implement a ban. Has there been a sudden outbreak of gun related violence at Starbucks? The operative words seem California and Californian. I really don't see the need for open carry, however I also do not see the need for the average citizen to quail in fear of an unconcealed weapon. There are people out there that carry weapons that shouldn't, I agree. However do not try to force your desire to remain unarmed on me. If you applied that theory to motor vehicles we would all be walking. Californians should solve their issues there. If you are a transplant Californian that feels the great need to implement that states polices and traditions here, Then you should find two more like minded Californian transplants put one under each arm and head south. If you are a former Californian who left that veil of tears to escape the drama. Welcome

cgreen said on February 14, 2010 at 12:12 AM

As woman and American citizen I want to thank Starbucks for respecting my civil rights and not require that I make myself vulnerable to rapists & thugs by asking me to disarm to have a cup of coffee. Thank you for respecting the laws and constitution of Washington and the Constitution of the United States. The Brady Bunch could care less about what the vast majority of Americans want. Nation wide the Brady Bunch has a membership 180,000 certified spineless anti self defense fanatics. Nation wide there are over 80,000,000 law abiding gun owners. Starbucks DOES respect the rights of the vast majority of its customers. The "VAST MAJORITY" does not have the Brady Bunches irrational fear of guns. Legally armed citizen stop 2,500,000 violent crimes a year. That is why we carry guns. If you want to be a volunteer victim that is your choice. Stop trying to impose your cowardice on the rest of us. Stop trying to provide a defenseless unarmed victims to your murdering rapist allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Awesome, may I use it too?
    Go for it! Anyone who wants to use the image for whatever reason is free to do so.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I bet the Brady Campaign is in an absolute emotional frenzy right about now LOL!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Had to take a look at the brady stite....Little bit in the right hand corner say's People Shot in America.... 205 shot so far today.

Ok I know these are the sort of people who would bend any fact but what is the truth???

Tint Bob (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    ... People Shot in America.... 205 shot so far today.

Ok I know these are the sort of people who would bend any fact but what is the truth?
    I wonder where they get the data. It's almost certainly just an estimate for ~45 days out of a year.

I'm no expert but I would guess the best estimate would come from the reporting source that the FBI use for the uniform crime reports done on an annual basis, since all shootings are supposed to get reported in a consistent manner.

As well "205 shootings" leaves some questions. Shot in suicide doesn't very well equate to violent crime. And shot by police isn't exactly a threat to upstanding citizens. So, what is the number that really matters to the average person on the street or at home? Something well less than 205, I'd bet. Yet they don't indicate what "shootings" comprises.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    Had to take a look at the brady stite....Little bit in the right hand corner say's People Shot in America.... 205 shot so far today.
    Tint Bob (UK)
    I'd like to see them post how many people have died in automobile crashes, how many people have died of drug overdoses, how many people have dies of lung cancer ...

I'm willing to bet deaths by firearms would be at the bottom of the list.

And no, I don't believe any firearms-related statistic the Brady people publish.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

CSM

Shooting People

And you just have to ask yourself, "self, just who's doing all this shooting?" The hard working, 'legal citizen' going off to work?(I have to say that since being a citizen in this country is in question-when 'illegals' seem to have the same or more rights). Or is it the gang banger, thug, or whack job religious nut like the US Army Major in Texas?

Just voted, here's the latest results.

Yes
    7% (124)

No
    93% (1636)
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

-- Robert A. Heinlein

Thumbs up Should Starbucks ban guns in their stores?

Yes7% (126)
    No93% (1640)
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    And you just have to ask yourself, "self, just who's doing all this shooting?"
    Criminals, of course, with the occasional person who blows a gasket for the first time that time.

Quite simply, such policies disarm victims in advance of crimes and make it easier for violent crimes to occur.

The ONLY result of kicking out anyone seen wearing firearms is to is to ensure the store has only armed criminals and is devoid of armed "good guys." Thus, it's utterly pointless and defeats the purpose of surviving such attacks with the least possible (a) frequency and (b) carnage. The more mines in the minefield, we'll tend to get both. The fewer, we'll simply be clearing the field for the criminals.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    And you just have to ask yourself, "self, just who's doing all this shooting?" The hard working, 'legal citizen' going off to work?(I have to say that since being a citizen in this country is in question-when 'illegals' seem to have the same or more rights). Or is it the gang banger, thug, or whack job religious nut like the US Army Major in Texas?
    I am becoming increasingly convinced that these islamic jihadist can not be call a religion so much as a cult of hate.

Yesterday the news said the brady bunch had a letter with 28,000 signatures demanding Starbucks suspend customers civil rights while getting coffee in their shops
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Just got my vote.
    For God, Family and Country!

Yes = 7% @129
    No =93% @1671

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Brady Bunch!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links