Allowed to OC a loaded weapon w no license? - Page 2

Allowed to OC a loaded weapon w no license?

This is a discussion on Allowed to OC a loaded weapon w no license? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not sure about y our State, but here in the gun-shine State, we may more or less, intimidate if justified. Meaning, the law provides latitude ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allowed to OC a loaded weapon w no license?

VIP Member
    Not sure about your State, but here in the gun-shine State, we may more or less, intimidate if justified. Meaning, the law provides latitude to not only show, but also to apply the hand on the gun to 'warn against unlawful physical force or deadly physical force'.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Not sure about your State, but here in the gun-shine State, we may more or less, intimidate if justified. Meaning, the law provides latitude to not only show, but also to apply the hand on the gun to 'warn against unlawful physical force or deadly physical force'.
    Same here I believe.

However if someone (here at least) is giving you a hard time ("your mom is a whore" kinda stuff) and you expose with the intent to intimidate without a cause, it's brandishing. Drawing, unless justified, is assault with a deadly weapon.
    $cris@caferacer>wakeup.sh
    sudo apt-get install caffeine
    Password:
    Unpacking...
    Caffeine installed correctly
    $cris@caferacer>startday.sh

Haven't lived in Michigan for about 2 years, but I did look a lot into the laws when I lived there. You may openly carry without a CPL. I had a friend who was not yet 21 and he opened carried (as he was over 18, he could legally own a gun, but not have a CPL yet). Techinically I guess you can carry in 'gun free' zones openly... but dont do it. Its just stupid. I would look up all the no carry zones and just abide by them anyways.
    And as always if you are going to carry open, don't be stupid, and expect to get hassled anyways.
    note: you may NOTTTTT carry open in a vehicle. Without a CPL, your gun MUST be unloaded, in a case, and i think even locked in michigan.
    Note #2: a bike counts as a vehicle. I HAVE had a friend get pulled over when he was carrying openly on his bike. Cop just let him know.. but still.
    Note #3: Yes, classrooms and dorms are offlimits. Technically campus is not (unless your a student, then you can get expelled for it). I certainly wouldn't carry open on any campus though if you don't want to get shot by ignorant police/security
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links