WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday - Page 11

WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday

This is a discussion on WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's another video: Milwaukee Video News: TV video, online videos and news video -- WITI...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday

Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Video showed nothing wrong period!!!!!! QUIT WHINING!!!!!
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 22nd, 2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: linked story has already been hashed out
    ☣ James ☠
    XDm-9mm Bi-Tone 3.8 (CC)
    XD-45ACP Bi-Tone (Duty)
    XD-40 Sold
    Glock 22 Sold
    S&W Model 629 Sold

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by logan View Post
    That was a very evenly reported news story. They took no opinion and seemed fair to both sides. Kudos to them.

Now to the OC tool bags they interviewed...

I'll repost this in case any of the Zealots arguing here care to actually listen to fact...

The direct quote just after the cops 2A comment is "He said he saw you carry a gun in here."

The cop was responding to a man with gun report and handled it appropriately.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Administrator
    The only thing I saw wrong with the news story was the reported "questioning" in the opening line. Nobody was questioned, except for the trooper taking heat for doing his job.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Here's a news story about the event. Has 6 pictures as well.

Gun-toting demonstrators gather in Sussex - JSOnline
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Administrator
    that is not a bad write up either, I'm actually surprised the news outlets up there are being as fair as they are. The reader comments though disgust me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuffsnstuff View Post
    ...... why would a law abiding citizen have a forward mounted camera in the grill of his car......?
    Maybe he has trouble parking...new cars come with bumper cams...
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by cuffsnstuff View Post
    why would a law abiding citizen have a forward mounted camera in the grill of his car, scanners, etc.
    Why *shouldn't* a law-abiding citizen have those? Camera could be for any number of purposes including parking assistance, evidence in case of a car accident, evidence of drivers on the road doing stupid things he can report later (tag numbers etc.) or just for kicks and giggles.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The same state trooper later contacted the Waukesha County Sheriff and suggested that our member was impersonating a police officer because he was open-carrying (completely legal) and driving a Hyundai Elantra that has antennae on it. (when was the last time you saw a Hyundai Elantra used as a police vehicle?)

3 Waukesha County Sheriffs paid a visit to our member at 10:30 at night on Monday in response to the state troopers misplaced complaint.

Please join us in Sunday to say to the State Patrol that their harassment of a law-abiding citizen is not acceptable.

I didn't spend a lot of time looking for an explanation, but from what I saw, how did the sheriff's know where to contact the person that was carrying? Did they get his plate number? It was said that they came in after the poster was done eating. Did they follow him out to see which car was his?

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    you are assuming that the LEO is against open carry. Even if he was the only thing that would make sense is #5 and again that assumes that the LEO is against open carry. In the video he clearly states that if its OK to have a gun in the place then there is no problem. He asked the person to lock the gun in the car so as to respect the restaurant owner's wishes.

I stand by what I said, confrontation not a conflict.

im not assuming anything....i have been bothered by a cop in a restaurant just like this guy.... http://www.georgiacarry.com/county/g...%206-10-08.pdf

no one called he just decided to enforce private property rules but in my case the manager didnt side with the policeman
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I didn't spend a lot of time looking for an explanation, but from what I saw, how did the sheriff's know where to contact the person that was carrying? Did they get his plate number? It was said that they came in after the poster was done eating. Did they follow him out to see which car was his?
    Based on what the OC'er said they saw hi get out load and holster his weapon in accordance with the law, he said they then went looked at his car peered into the window, was told they ran his plates to make sure he had no warrants out for him and then went inside. He said they mistook his scanners for light control boxes.

I'm taking more and more of this with a grain of salt, and seeing the coverage they got in the news starting to wonder if they're just scaring the sheep and thus hurting the cause for both OC and CC in WI.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Why isn't there a video of the encounter at his home that night?
    Proud NRA member

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    im not assuming anything....i have been bothered by a cop in a restaurant just like this guy.... http://www.georgiacarry.com/county/g...%206-10-08.pdf

no one called he just decided to enforce private property rules but in my case the manager didnt side with the policeman

You are absolutely sure without a doubt that your encounter wasn't because someone called the police to report man with gun? It only takes one panicked with a cellphone...

I'm not raggin on you I just want to make sure the story isn't making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

You are absolutely sure without a doubt that your encounter wasn't because someone called the police to report man with gun? It only takes one panicked with a cellphone...

I'm not raggin on you I just want to make sure the story isn't making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    The story says the officers were off duty that approached him, why or how would they get the complaint. Not only that but if the owner or management is OK with him being there that's all that matters.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

yes the one at Dennys was not called and even if they get a call the burden is on the state not me to prove im licensed....unless im carrying concealed then a license is only an affirmative defense
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links