WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday

This is a discussion on WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rottkeeper The story says the officers were off duty that approached him, why or how would they get the complaint. Not only ...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 190

Thread: WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday

  1. #166
    Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    The story says the officers were off duty that approached him, why or how would they get the complaint. Not only that but if the owner or management is OK with him being there that's all that matters.
    Only 1 LEO was off duty he was with 2 other LEO that where on duty.

    Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    yes the one at Dennys was not called and even if they get a call the burden is on the state not me to prove im licensed....unless im carrying concealed then a license is only an affirmative defense
    I understand that. There are officers that overstep the boundries I didn't say they never do. Where you the person referenced in the letter? If so I apologize.

    IMHO
    Many, many times LEO are called out to stupid things... most see whats going on and determine if a law is broken or not. If not they brush it off and go on their merry way. Some get irritated and may attempt to justify the call by checking every detail and ticket/detain/arrest if at all possible. The OP's story is in the "most" catagory. The PDF indicates LEO in the "some" catagory.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #167
    Member Array logan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Johnstown, CO
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    im not assuming anything....i have been bothered by a cop in a restaurant just like this guy.... http://www.georgiacarry.com/county/g...%206-10-08.pdf


    no one called he just decided to enforce private property rules but in my case the manager didnt side with the policeman
    Wow, just wow...thanks for sharing that story.
    Logan - NRA Member

    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

    Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

  4. #168
    Member Array logan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Johnstown, CO
    Posts
    212
    Found another link to share. Has 2 new videos of the event, including 30 or so people OCing at China Wok.

    Open Carry Solidarity!!! Open Carry Awareness in Wisconsin Sunday Feb. 21, 2010 - ICarry.org
    Logan - NRA Member

    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

    Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

  5. #169
    Distinguished Member
    Array fastk9dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,554
    Some people just have way too much time on their hands.

  6. #170
    Senior Member Array dsee11789's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    im not assuming anything....i have been bothered by a cop in a restaurant just like this guy.... http://www.georgiacarry.com/county/g...%206-10-08.pdf


    no one called he just decided to enforce private property rules but in my case the manager didnt side with the policeman
    Was there ever a reply to the letter?
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

  7. #171
    Senior Member Array rmodel65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    934
    no there wasnt
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

  8. #172
    Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Metro Detroit Area
    Posts
    1,716
    I don't know what to think about this.... All I know is I dislike any business that doesn't allow firearms... and I try not to give these types of places my business

    I was OC at Lowes' and I had an employee who was an ex-LEO of 12 years tell me what I was doing was illegal... I told him about OC and he gave me the KNOW IT ALL attitude and said "there is no such thing and I would have arrested you on the spot."

    If It wasn't late in the evening I think I would have called the local LEO's on myself just to show big mouth ex-LEO that he doesn't know everything.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

    Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

    If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

  9. #173
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,358
    Ha! This thread is a joke. I have posted three times that the officer in the video tells the guy about a MWG report from "that guy". Did you not watch and listen to the same video I did?

    The Georgia cop seems waaaay out of line. The cop in this video isn't doing anything wrong. Get over it.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

  10. #174
    Senior Member Array rmodel65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Ha! This thread is a joke. I have posted three times that the officer in the video tells the guy about a MWG report from "that guy". Did you not watch and listen to the same video I did?

    The Georgia cop seems waaaay out of line. The cop in this video isn't doing anything wrong. Get over it.


    from what guy? it doesnt matter just because you have a gun is no different from carrying a wallet both legal activities.....
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

  11. #175
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,358
    Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    from what guy? it doesnt matter just because you have a gun is no different from carrying a wallet both legal activities.....
    What are you talking about? After the video goes into the bag and blacks out you can hear the cop say to the guy that "that guy" told him a guy just walked in here with a gun. So the cop is even taking the time to explain why he is there. What is so hard to figure out about this. The cop after receiving a MWG report goes in and asks a male employee about the companies policy, gets a no guns answer, and then acts accordingly.

    After recieving a MWG report what would you expect him to do? He gathers information prior to speaking to the OCer and even gives the female restaurant Mgr (I assume) a chance to change the answer of the first employee (a male). He asked two different employees about policy and even explained to the second about it being legal under the 2A to carry. This is a non-issue.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

  12. #176
    Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    This is turning into just another cop bashing thread.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

  13. #177
    Member Array PaxMentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    S. Oregon (aka Paradise)
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Well..it is good that at least you agree with you.

    Not general bashing...just the bashing of those who wish to use their uniforms to further their personal agenda.

    The fact that the "demonstrators" this weekend had a nice meal at China Wok without interference from Trooper Kneilsen says much about who instigated the incident, and that it had zero to do with the wishes of the business owner.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

    -- L. Neil Smith

  14. #178
    Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Well..it is good that at least you agree with you.

    Not general bashing...just the bashing of those who wish to use their uniforms to further their personal agenda.

    The fact that the "demonstrators" this weekend had a nice meal at China Wok without interference from Trooper Kneilsen says much about who instigated the incident, and that it had zero to do with the wishes of the business owner.
    I tend to agree with myself a lot...Actually I'm trying to make a point by recalling my post instead of posting it again.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

  15. #179
    New Member Array winken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    What are you talking about? After the video goes into the bag and blacks out you can hear the cop say to the guy that "that guy" told him a guy just walked in here with a gun. So the cop is even taking the time to explain why he is there. What is so hard to figure out about this. The cop after receiving a MWG report goes in and asks a male employee about the companies policy, gets a no guns answer, and then acts accordingly.

    After recieving a MWG report what would you expect him to do? He gathers information prior to speaking to the OCer and even gives the female restaurant Mgr (I assume) a chance to change the answer of the first employee (a male). He asked two different employees about policy and even explained to the second about it being legal under the 2A to carry. This is a non-issue.
    The troopers watched him in the parking lot get his gun from his car,
    take it out of it's case load it, holster it, and walk into restaurant. (must be unloaded and encased for vehicle transport in WI) There was no MWG call. The guy even checked with State Patrol office, no record of any MWG call or reports filed. Around 50 people had lunch in that same restaurant while carrying fireams yesterday, no problems.

  16. #180
    VIP Member Array rottkeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by winken View Post
    The troopers watched him in the parking lot get his gun from his car,
    take it out of it's case load it, holster it, and walk into restaurant. (must be unloaded and encased for vehicle transport in WI) There was no MWG call. The guy even checked with State Patrol office, no record of any MWG call or reports filed. Around 50 people had lunch in that same restaurant while carrying fireams yesterday, no problems.
    How could they have a no gun policy one day they 50 open carriers shortly after? HMMMM
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

    NRA Member

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. TN State Trooper
    By kellyII in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: July 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM
  2. State Trooper Warned Me
    By Rcher in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: December 20th, 2009, 09:52 PM
  3. State trooper vs EMT
    By thebigdl86 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: June 6th, 2009, 10:06 PM
  4. I'm going to be a State Trooper!
    By '75scout in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: August 30th, 2006, 12:03 AM
  5. PA State Trooper Killed
    By QKShooter in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: December 15th, 2005, 12:35 PM

Search tags for this page

alaska troopers gunleather

,
alaskan state trooper harrases many with video phone
,
detained & open carrying .org
,
detained for open carry portland maine
,
fl state trooper harrasses
,

gun grab counters for open carriers

,
open carry .org
,
open carry .org youtube
,
open carry in waukesha wi
,
what holster wisconsin state trooper
,
wisconsin open carriers
,

women in uniform state trooper

Click on a term to search for related topics.