WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday - Page 4

WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday

This is a discussion on WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not sure why some have an issue with a person recording interactions with LE. Most cruisers have dash cams to record interactions. It helps ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: WI State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday

kpw
    I'm not sure why some have an issue with a person recording interactions with LE. Most cruisers have dash cams to record interactions. It helps protect both the LEO and the civilian from untruthful statements and to use as evidence. Same goes for the vid recorder. Without it, it's just their word against the LEO. Having been on the wrong side of less than honest officer once, I'd be recording too. Having a recording device doesn't make a person a trouble-maker anymore than a badge makes a dishonest person, honest.
    As for the incident, the officer seemed to go out of the way to create an issue with the OCer. I'm happy the OCer didn't try to make more of an issue out of it. As for filing the complaint...that speaks for itself.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

He really needs to secure his computer where his files are located a bit better.

Here is the inside of the car. Looks like a CB, Scanner and GPS, but I have no idea what the other little screens are for.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    The fact he "just happen to have" a camcorder with him, and running, before the LEO even talked to the counter woman, or approached, seems suspicious to me. Like he hoping something might be said to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yes, you have a point here. However, they didn't get an over the top response, yet they are trying to make something out of nothing here. That is where I have a problem with this.
    Three LEOs coming to his house on an bogus accusation of impersonating a LEO isn't an over the top response? It certainly is inmy book but you can see from the video (thankfully) that there was no accusation of impersonation while at the restaraunt. If driving a car that looks LEOish and carrying a legal weapon is impersonating a LEO then the these agencies selling their old cars should stop or make the purchasers aware that there is a higher standard for them since they want a LEO look alike car. [his car was a Hyundai but it does, at a quick glance, look like the back of Crown Vic, even so .....]

What I'm curious about is how did the OCer convince the three LEOs who came to his house, that even though the statie said he was impersonating a LEO, that he actually wasn't.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Ah a GPS, a CB?, and a scanner. What the other two devices with screens are I can't tell.
    Here is Michigan a scanner is legal unless you use it to drive to police scenes which the Media do all the time :-P , that CB might even be a ham 2 meter/220 rig hard to tell. My 2 meter rig looks almost like it. The only headache that this car is going to give someone is if/when that passenger air bag deploys. That device is going to become an airborne missile.

All in all nothing police like, of course I can't see if there are any 'warning' lights on the car. But that is normal for a ham/cb skywarn car to have also.

Mel
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

I wonder, do radio buffs also mount cameras in thier grills? At least that is what it appears to be.

And more scanners in his trunk it looks like.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

As you can see the other two cops where ready to stuff thier face,was'nt worried about the OCer,Now the Rockie was, & knew there was a camera because he backed out of veiw with his arms folded.

Anybody disputes that the LEO was'nt throwing his weight around needs to watch the video again, As far as him saying it is'nt a 2nd Amnt. thing is causehe knew he was being recorded!!
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Let me posit it this way. Had the cop minded his own business (a citizen who is engaged in no illegal activity is none of the cop's business) and not asked if guns were allowed on the premises (note the staff didn't even know what the cop was talking about) would we be reading this thread right now?

BTW when did Rockford Fosgate go into the scanner business?

You must know this OC'er to be supplying us with pictures of his car and with the hood open :-)

Mel
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by mel5051 View Post
    You must know this OC'er to be supplying us with pictures of his car and with the hood open :-)

Mel
    No, they are on his website. Check them out yourself.

Index of /Pictures/Hyundai Elantra
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

farronwolf you really should know what you're looking at before you try to explain to us what we're seeing.

The stuff in the trunk was a sound system

Ahhhh ! :-)
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA

Maybe it is just me but the two things mounted to the deck seem very similar to this. I have something similar at my home. I could be mistaken though.

www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Ahh it is a camera. The pictures show the little dash viewscreen of the camera. Nice toys :-)
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA

Maybe it is just me but the two things mounted to the deck seem very similar to this. I have something similar at my home. I could be mistaken though.
    I see the similarity but coupled W/ the Rockford Fosgate amp and the Punch superwoofer my guess is still sound system

Thats alot of stuff for a tiny car. it looked like he had two gps units mounted in the front with maybe a satellite radio unit on the passenger side.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links