"Unconcealed gun causes stir in Prosser restaurant" - Page 2

"Unconcealed gun causes stir in Prosser restaurant"

This is a discussion on "Unconcealed gun causes stir in Prosser restaurant" within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by snowdoctor but the he said, she said is not the way our justice system is set to work, nor is a six ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Unconcealed gun causes stir in Prosser restaurant"

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    but the he said, she said is not the way our justice system is set to work, nor is a six month wait period....these situations aggravate me ...
    It is utterly appalling, you're right.

The way legal claims work, these days, simply shows the vast gulf of difference between legality and justice. We do NOT have a system of justice, and that blindfold on the chick with the balance scales is there 'cause it's gotten downright embarrassing.

I agree. The claimed statements don't seem to fit. But then, I wasn't there. At some point, we've got to trust the people who investigate on behalf of citizens. Personally, I'd want more than merely one person's unsubstantiated, uncorroborated opinion before going after a person with such a long, unsullied history. It's both good and bad, that we allow one citizen's sworn statements to hold such weight. The Constitution supports exactly this. And yet, it requires only one liar to corrupt it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

did you think an advocate for open carry that hands out flyers told the McDonalds manager to 'bring it on'??? really???
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I actually just got done saying the exact same thing to dsee11789. Even though I was not there and only have the article to go off of, it makes me wonder. I find it hard to believe that a 68 year old man who is passing out brochures in order to educate people on open carry is telling someone to "bring it".

But... you never know

VIP Member
    come on folks...we should be rather upset about this!!! whether you OC or not, believe in it or not. These are our rights, and this gentleman did nothing wrong here...did you think an advocate for open carry that hands out flyers told the McDonalds manager to 'bring it on'??? really???
    This is another case of our rights being taken, and only a few standing up for them. I commend him, and hope he fights the accusations, and I hope the patrons in that area protest that establishment, and the manager gets canned.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

This guy was no ding dong
    Worked @ Boeing,
    Graduated a Prestigious college,
    This is just another case of dissention among the ranks guys. Its no different than if you did something legal, but some missinformed naybob, took exception , or was nervous of your actions, and called the cops and made a scene
    This is the kind of thing that would (does) keep me from OC'ing, but clearly , if the responding officers had any doubts, about his actions, would not have let him off, after just being 'enlightened',had they truly thought he was a detriment /danger to society

"We must all hang together, or we shall surely hang seperately"

^^See if you can recall what famous American patriot said that^^

"Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I think the article said that he said "Bring it *****." Which leads me to think he said "Bring it Bit**." Which is not something a 68 year old retired Boeing engineer would say. But it IS something a 20 something McDonald's manager would say to someone who ticked them off. Which is why I'm thinking she's making stuff up. IMO.

This is why you need to carry a recorder while Ocing. In this situation, a simple replay could have ended the whole situation. So many people think OC'ers carry recorders so they can jam up LEO's who step on there rights, but I do it because it could clearly make the difference between charges and going on with your day....

And Sixto wonders why the guy in Wisconsin was taping when he was in the Chinese restruant.
    If you are going to open carry, you certainly should make plans to tape your encounters with people.
    It is aweful easy for anybody who is opposed to you carrying to claim you -put your hand on your pistol and glared menacingly-

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    It is aweful easy for anybody who is opposed to you carrying to claim you -put your hand on your pistol and glared menacingly-
    In far too many places, mere claims and accusations are all it takes.

Cuffed, stuffed, charged. At minimum, it can be a huge disruption and be costly to defend against it. At worst, it can create a record, result in jail time and/or fines, lose your job when news gets out of "your record," and related destruction of your reputation.

One would think that law enforcement agencies would demand corroboration prior to taking a single person's he-said / she-said type claim for granted. (Heck, the law should require it, IMO.) But it doesn't always work out that way. There's a presumption of guilt, in far too many communities, given the bias against firearms and those who carry them. "Crime is bad, criminals carry guns, we don't like guns ... thus, you're very likely to be a criminal and to have done what he/she said, since you're carrying a gun." Yeah.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'd be interested to hear the story of how this all ends up when the not guilty is ruled or there is a hearing and/or trial.

Delaying a trial is a common tactic in he said she said cases, as time weakens the memory. The officer's approach to the car makes me wonder what the 911 tapes and the call out to the officer said. Which are going to be 2 of 3 records in this, assuming that the McDonalds had security camera system up and running, typically won't have audio, but would leave body language open to interpretation by a jury (and clarify that alleged hand on gun, which could lead to falsifying a police report charges).

19 years of CC and wakes up one day and decides to forfeit tactical superiority, raises some questions as to purpose and motivation, but all that's for the courts to bring out. But factually it makes me wonder if he still had his CC privileges at that point, and if he's had the training to properly articulate matters.

ntg
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Wow that McDonald's manager sounds like a real piece of work.
    Yea...they hire the best...when Walmart doesn't get them first that is!
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

We are a suppressed minority guess we will just have to conceal our guns and go on.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

This guy was no ding dong
    Worked @ Boeing,
    Graduated a Prestigious college,
    This is just another case of dissention among the ranks guys. Its no different than if you did something legal, but some missinformed naybob, took exception , or was nervous of your actions, and called the cops and made a scene
    This is the kind of thing that would (does) keep me from OC'ing, but clearly , if the responding officers had any doubts, about his actions, would not have let him off, after just being 'enlightened',had they truly thought he was a detriment /danger to society

"We must all hang together, or we shall surely hang seperately"

^^See if you can recall what famous American patriot said that^^

"Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine
    the one and only... BEN FRANKLIN
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

come on folks...we should be rather upset about this!!! whether you OC or not, believe in it or not. These are our rights, and this gentleman did nothing wrong here...did you think an advocate for open carry that hands out flyers told the McDonalds manager to 'bring it on'??? really???
    This is another case of our rights being taken, and only a few standing up for them. I commend him, and hope he fights the accusations, and I hope the patrons in that area protest that establishment, and the manager gets canned.
    +1. I agree with snowdoctor 100% here. I seriously doubt that a fellow who goes to the trouble of handing out flyers would do something so stupid as to tell someone to bring it on.

I find it much more plausible that the McD manager is an anti moron who has made up most of this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    19 years of CC and wakes up one day and decides to forfeit tactical superiority...
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    His words according to the article, not my opinion, I should have made sure to get it in quotes, but here you go....

For 18 years, Dohmen said, he thought carrying a concealed pistol was the "tactically superior way to go."

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    19 years of CC and wakes up one day and decides to forfeit tactical superiority, raises some questions as to purpose and motivation, but all that's for the courts to bring out. But factually it makes me wonder if he still had his CC privileges at that point, and if he's had the training to properly articulate matters.
    After 19 years of CC he wakes up one day and decides that open carry is more advantageous tactically than CC is.

I personally know Duncan and Gail. They are absolutely upstanding citizens and yes, he does still have his "CC privileges". I am not sure what you mean by "if he's had the training to properly articulate matters".

He simply weighed the facts and decided, as I have, that OC has more "tactical advantages" than CC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links