wow what a poor excuse of a cop

This is a discussion on wow what a poor excuse of a cop within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was watching you tube vids on open carry what an jerk this cop is he just has it out for this guy was not the ...

Thread: wow what a poor excuse of a cop

Was watching you tube vids on open carry what an jerk this cop is he just has it out for this guy was not the first time he stopped for the same thing. I think this guy talks to much but theses cops are trying there hardest to take him in

YouTube - Part 4 of 4. Officer Paul Albrecht target's Kimberguy and violates his civil rights again.
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

The cop should a have known. With that said I sure don't want to intimidate the paranoid public so I carry concealed but to each their own.

YouTube - Part 1 of 2 - Jackson, MI Gas Station Encounter

Here's another encounter between kimber guy and the police. This is a case of definite harrasment

What a waist of the taxpayers money.

If you watch all 4 videos office Albrecht reads the law very clearly in video one and is aware that OC W/ a permit is legal in MI but continues to harass the rider.

The part I don't understand is why Kimber man continues to argue W/ the cops. Officer am I free to go? if I'm not free to go I have nothing further to say until I speak to a lawyer. Treo's first rule of Police interactions"if you talk to the cops long enough you will say something they can use against you

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    If you watch all 4 videos office Albrecht reads the law very clearly in video one and is aware that OC W/ a permit is legal in MI but continues to harass the rider.

The part I don't understand is why Kimber man continues to argue W/ the cops. Officer am I free to go? if I'm not free to go I have nothing further to say until I speak to a lawyer. Treo's first rule of Police interactions"if you talk to the cops long enough you will say something they can use against you
    I agree he didn't need to talk so much. He was stopped twice by the same cop. I don't see how the cop thought if you have a ccp you couldn't carry open. The LEO even try to argue with who ever was on the radio telling him that.
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

clearly this cop is just looking to cause trouble. Pretty sad that of all 4 of the officers on the scene none of them knows the laws.

Can't the guy OCing file a lawsuit? The evidence is on film. If so he should report it to the chief.

I'm wondering how or why the Police "in car video" was released or to whom it was released. Is Kimberguy already lawyered up for some future legal action?

you can ask for the video under the freedom of information act
    this for NC but sure all states should have something
    Under the Freedom of Information Act and North Carolina's own public records law, we have the right to request records and material from the state relating to a number of topics. This includes police detainments and arrests.

I am not a lawyer. With that disclaimer given, journalist regularly submits FOIA requests in conjunction with reporting. Here is some guidance on how to go about doing this. These instructions are aimed towards FOIA requests submitted to police departments, but the same principles apply to other requests as well.

1. Find out who the Public Information Officer is for the department in question. You can typically find this by searching their web site. Examining press releases can be a good way to figure this out as well.

2. Send an email or a letter to this person. (Personally, I start with an email and move to a registered letter if I get no response.) Include the following information:

(a) Your full name and address.

(b) Information from the warning or citation you were issued (incident number, officer's name and badge number, date and time... anything that can help them identify the records you want).

(c) A description of the records you want. This can include dash camera video footage, any police radio traffic related to the incident, 911 calls, police reports, and name and badge numbers of any other officers involved.

(d) Including something to the effect of "I am making this request under North Carolina's public records law" can be helpful.

Note that there may be a charge for the records. Note also that you are NOT required to tell them WHY you want the records. If it is a public record, you have a right to request it without giving a reason.

I hope this helps those of us who have been unreasonably detained or harassed due to us exercising our right to bear arms. If nothing else, it's a good idea to have a copy of this material for your own reference. It can also shed light on the original situation which prompted the detention or harassment and may clue you in on whether you have grounds for a lawsuit.

Again, I am NOT a lawyer. I'm just sharing this information.
    Last edited by bwhunter65; March 1st, 2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: added info
    Uly

from reading other post I dont think he took them to court.
    Uly

In the video discription it states that Albrecht was told the first time that Kimber guy is legal and he still pulls him over.

I'd find a greedy lawyer and sue the city

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    YouTube - Part 1 of 2 - Jackson, MI Gas Station Encounter

Here's another encounter between kimber guy and the police. This is a case of definite harrasment

The LEO"s going in and out, out and in the doors... I wondered if they had donuts on sale inside or something. LOL. I love donuts.

Well, what can one say about this....

Wonder if something is wrong with my computer or something, but I cant hear a word the LEO is saying and the words and lips movement dont sync up. Was this edited?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

The voice that you hear is a cop inside the car, not the cop talking to the man.

I'd love to hear the what the Black cop is saying.

Sponsored Links