Decided ... heck with it.... - Page 2

Decided ... heck with it....

This is a discussion on Decided ... heck with it.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good grief I am glad I live in an OC state. I OC at home and no one cares. I OC out to dinner and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Decided ... heck with it....

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Good grief I am glad I live in an OC state. I OC at home and no one cares. I OC out to dinner and no one cares. Wal-Mart...no big deal.

I CC more than I OC, but after reading these posts I am more grateful than ever for the laws of AZ.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

i open carry everywhere, my property or not. i live in PA, and we have few restrictions on where we can carry. as far as people slowing down in traffic, it doesn't happen often, but i wouldn't care if it did. all they'd do is piss off the people driving behind them. i've picked up my daughter from school while open carrying, as well. some people don't like it, but it's legal. having a PA LTCF exempts me from the "school zone" law, i just can't enter the building, or be standing on school property, like school buses or schoolyards.

I've had LEO's here lie about the laws and even make them up as they go... not realizing I've worked in the system and know the laws quite well.

This is a small town that has not changed it's ordinances banning any weapons in the park, although the state specifically passed a statute that all cities MUST put in an exception for those with CC licenses and that they are "exempt". Cities cannot ban CC licensed people from carrying on any city owned property, any common grounds, public areas and parks. This town I'm in, refuses to change their law..... saying there is a total ban of any weapon, in defiance of the state.

Then on top of all this, I do live in a school gun free zone. However, CC is allowed on school property (period) and can only be prohibited in the "building" if it's legally posted. IF it's not posted, then it's legal.

On OC, I have my doubts the Dept here are up on the laws to know that OC is still legal on your own property even if it's in a school free gun zone.

Then, there are the "parents' ..... ya'all know.... OMG, there is a man wearing a gun on the street where my child walks home. Personally, I think that is a positive, but I doubt they would see it that way around here.

My "heck with it" was .... maybe it's time they obey the State laws and get more educated on them.

No, the gun was quite obvious, and I was no where near the 54 Chevy when they were driving by slowing...... LOL.

Last weekend when I got done putting my son's basket ball goal together we played a bit of ball in the driveway and I ended up OCing. I had been working in the garage to put the goal together and got warm so I took off my cover shirt, and ended up leaving it off.

I didnt' notice anyone notice me, and didn't get any drive bys from the local PD. The one thing that did cross my mind was that if the ball went into the street I would need to take my gun out of the hoster and leave it on my property in order to go chase the ball down. Luckily the one time it did happen the wife was there to fetch it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    I used to CC exclusively. As I've gotten older I have decided life is too short to worry about what the neighbors and strangers think. I now OC probably half the time. If they don't like it they don't have to look. I'm totally legal where ever I am carrying.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I conceal carry most of the time, but my neighbors know I carry as do the park management. They are all happy about it. I'm sure if I OC this summer on my deck that I'll get some looks but I really am not going to worry about it. Michigan has no law against OC and I do have my CPL which means I can conceal carry, which I do, 100% of wherever I go. Exceptions would be the zones where you aren't allowed to carry at all.

Mel
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Open carry in an IWB holster? In my state I think that is illegal. We can open carry but 3 sides of the gun must be visable.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Open carry in an IWB holster? In my state I think that is illegal. We can open carry but 3 sides of the gun must be visable.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

that's wierd physics you got there. my gun has 2 sides, left and right. how do you manage to have 3 on yours? is it Schrodinger's gun?

Don't guns have a top side and a bottom side as well. I assume most guns that are carried are thicker than a piece of paper.

3 sides showing isn't that hard to figure out. Either the left or right side, top of rail, and front side of the grip, or back side of the grip would definately be 3 sides.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Even carrying IWB you have a minimum of 4 sides showing. Grip side, grip backstrap, bottom of grip and top of rail.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    At home I do. Anywhere else it's covered. Sometimes not very well.

But if I'm taking the garbage out or something, I just wear it openly.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER View Post
    I openly shoot on my property of course my neighbors do too, but i live in the sticks. I agree with you, dang its your property and maybe a bad guy rides by and crosses your house off his list..
    Or.... realize there may be guns in the house and that he should make really sure that no one is home before breaking in....

LOL... it's a revolver... in a short IWB holster that covers the wheel and trigger......... 4 sides were showing... the TOP, and the top 1/2 of the gun in the front, the back, and the right side. LOL... what a stupid law that is. IT's either openly visible, or it isn't. It was QUITE visible.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    The one thing that did cross my mind was that if the ball went into the street I would need to take my gun out of the hoster and leave it on my property in order to go chase the ball down.
    Being pretty new to carrying open and CC this strikes me as a bit upsetting. I am assuming you live somewhere where open carry is not allowed and if you step into the street you are now on public property and commiting a crime. That baffles me. I mean I understand it is the LAW, but seriously that is outta control. What is bad about the whole thing is Americans are losing their common sense and you would probably be charged if you left your property and grabbed that ball Wow, I dunno seems like a bunch of jive to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links