OC and Starbucks on CBS news

This is a discussion on OC and Starbucks on CBS news within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife saw this tonight and told me to look it up. Not bad reporting actually. Some of those anti's really look like they should ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My wife saw this tonight and told me to look it up. Not bad reporting actually. Some of those anti's really look like they should not be around guns though. They seem a bit angry.

Starbucks Sticks to Its Guns - CBS News Video

That lady on the podium shouldn't even bother leaving the house. With all those crazy gun owners running around, she might get shot by a holstered pistol in a coffee shop!

One of the lines in that story went something like:
    "We don't know if they(open-carry patrons) are coming in (to Starbucks) to have coffee....or are coming in to harm innocent people...."
    Hey, lady...here's a clue to help you.....
    The BAD GUY will pull his/her weapon - often before entering the store - and point it at others...and make demands for money, etc.
    The GOOD GUY will just LEAVE HIS/HER GUN IN ITS HOLSTER WHERE IT BELONGS...and get his/her coffee or whatever.....
    Sorry...the media STILL has to "slant" things AWAY from the LAW-ABIDING PRO-2A citizens.....
    Overall, I can't say that CBS story was a "win" for pro-gunners....

I thought in CA in order to open carry you had to have your gun unloaded? Every gun in a holster they showed had a magazine in it. Do they count an empty chamber as being unloaded, I do but I have no clue what they think?

As I understand OC in California, the weapon has to be completely unloaded. You can have a mag in it, but there can be no ammo in it. A loaded magazine can be carried on your person, however.

One of the lines in that story went something like:

"We don't know if they(open-carry patrons) are coming in (to Starbucks) to have coffee....or are coming in to harm innocent people...."
    Fairly ridiculous, isn't it?

Upstanding people don't do that. Criminals do, on occasion. And on extremely rare occasions, a criminal commits his/her first crime in such a manner. But that hardly justifies committing all people to the ash heap in terms of denying everyone the right to carry arms for their own defense.

Amazing that it even needs to be said (to such fearful, head-in-sand types), that the value of life supersedes that of latte.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    The lady on the podium said she doesn't know if someone carrying a gun is there to protect her or shoot up the place.... Translation.... "BAAAaaaahh"

Ummm... lady I hate to break it to you but we mere mortal citizens arn't there to protect you... and LEO arn't there 24/7 to protect you either nor do they have any obligation to... you need to protect you
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    That lady on the podium shouldn't even bother leaving the house. With all those crazy gun owners running around, she might get shot by a holstered pistol in a coffee shop!
    The best answer for he probably would have been "I'm not here to shoot you, and I damn sure am NOT required to protect you!". Not that it would have shut her up.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Aaahhh, people like this make me so upset.

What?! Like others said. Good guys' firearms stay where they belong. Quit trying to make us the bad guys!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

That woman at the podium clearly showed the ignorance of the antis.

Anti guns people's arguments stem from ignorance, emotions and hysteria. Just like the Assault Weapons ban, back in the day. How often, HONESTLY do you hear of someone killing another person with a AR? Almost never. Anti gun people live in a constant state of fear, and wear their emotions on their sleeves. I bet you most of the Anti gun people own a gun. They just think they should be the only ones that can have them, and no one else. They are also the same people who get robbed and cry that the police weren't there to help them. NEWS FLASH, cops clean up the mess after something happenes, they really don't prevent much. Just my 2 cents, good day.
    THIS sheep's got fangs!

GM
    The lady at the podium acted just like other fanatic anti; she spends too much time trying to convince herself that she is right, and for that reason she does not have time to understand how wrong she is.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    I thought in CA in order to open carry you had to have your gun unloaded? Every gun in a holster they showed had a magazine in it. Do they count an empty chamber as being unloaded, I do but I have no clue what they think?
    They were loaded. This was in Seattle, which sometimes acts like it is part of Caifornia, but is still up here in Washington.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Starbucks coffee tastes like liquid poop.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Starbucks coffee tastes like liquid poop.
    I'll take your word for it...I had always assumed that liquid poop would taste bad.

I'll stick with the coffee though...
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links