Do you OC based on you mood?

This is a discussion on Do you OC based on you mood? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tend not to OC in crowded public places. Not real comfortable with it, so I don't. I don't have a problem going out to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you OC based on you mood?

kpw
    I tend not to OC in crowded public places. Not real comfortable with it, so I don't. I don't have a problem going out to eat or going to the store, stuff like that but malls, big stores and such, generally not. I just do what I'm comfortable with, when I'm comfortable with it.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    I tend not to OC in crowded public places. Not real comfortable with it, so I don't. I don't have a problem going out to eat or going to the store, stuff like that but malls, big stores and such, generally not. I just do what I'm comfortable with, when I'm comfortable with it.
    I'm the same way. All depends on where I'm going.

I never open carry unless I am riding my horse or atv and am away from people, I don't see the point in open carry. As an LEO I notice alot of people automatically fixate on my duty weapon and I don't want that in public on my own time. Also I try to never let my mood effect my actions, always considering that I am an example not just for my agency, but for fellow gun owners.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I open carry depending on where I go and who I am with.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

It's not a mood issue, but a situation issue. If all I'm doing is shopping for groceries or eating at IHOP, I OC. If I'm visiting a store known for anti-OC behavior, I'll CC. If I'm visiting a friend's house, I'll leave it in the glovebox unless I know they're ok with it.
    Why is it "shall not be infringed" is among the most misunderstood clauses of our Constitution?

I'm a Virginia Tech Alum, and that tragedy was avoidable! Even after losing more than twenty bright young minds, they still don't get it. I hope others do, and soon.

How I carry depends on a lot of things. Some places I go prohibit CC. Others prohibit OC. Depends on where I'm going, what I'm doing, how I'm dressed, and yes, mood. Sometimes I just feel like it.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

I always carry in an OWB holster, the only real factor is what im wearing, if I have on an untucked shirt then its CC, but if its tucked in then its OC, its about 70% OC 30%CC

I mostly open carry in the areas I can.If I am going to the malls and such then I definately cc. I find that I like open carry much better as it offers quicker access should I need to get at my gun. I don't much care what the who don't like me OC think. I believe that it is about time people in my state get comfortable to seeing law abiding citizens in my state exercising their right to carry. Perhaps the more people see this then they will become acquired to seeing people walking around oc'ing. Just my .02.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links