Do you OC based on you mood?

This is a discussion on Do you OC based on you mood? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you that OC, do you OC based on your mood? Lets say you have some errands to run and you are really ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you OC based on you mood?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Do you OC based on you mood?

For those of you that OC, do you OC based on your mood? Lets say you have some errands to run and you are really not in the mood for 20 question if confronted about your OC... do you CC instead in order to get your stuff done; even though you'd prefer to OC?

I find that if I am running to the store quick, I may be dressed a little scrubby, I'm not in the mood to deal with people etc... I'll just CC. I generally OC, but there are times where I don't feel like dealing with people so I CC to avoid having to deal with a potential encounter.

How about you?

2. Remove Ads

Yep, I used to OC more than CC, and now I CC more than OC. I still do both at times depending on mood, destination, attire, etc.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I mostly OC while around the house if I have to go to the store real quick I will OC if I am out in town running around I CC
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

The only contributing factor to "Do I OC or not?" is "Am I wearing a jacket?"

If yes, then no, I don't OC. If no, then yes, I OC. I don't go out of my way to OC, but I don't go out of my way not to, either.

It depends on what I'm wearing

VIP Member
    Actually I'm more likely to OC if I'm in a hurry, or just making a quick run and grab at the store.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    I guess I'm a little confused on the whole outside carry thing. I know it legal but why openly flaunt a gun, make the public nervous, and then change the countries favorable position on the second amend.? I almost start thinking it is a strategy some are taking to do just that. I love guns but I do not want to see them in every place I go.
    Am I off on this? This is why I got my cc. To carry and defend yet not incite.
    Look right at the top of the page: "This is not a place to debate the virtues of open vs concealed carry."

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatCWP;
    Look right at the top of the page: "This is not a place to debate the virtues of open vs concealed carry."
    Yep I got it. I pulled it off. Sorry just got me thinking before I read that line. Nice to know there's always someone ready to correct a fellows member.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

If your mood fluctuates that much, maybe....well, you know.

Actually it usually depends on who's with me. My wife prefers CC. So I usually go along with it. Ultimately they both offer me the protection I want for me and my family. Personally I prefer to OC. Then there is the whole jacket thing. It's too much work to try to OC if it's cold, so I don't. And occasionally I just don't want to deal with it. I feel your pain.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Nope. There are places that I always OC -camping, hunting, boating-, and places (99%) that I never OC.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I used to OC based on my mood. It was normally quite the opposite of you though. I'd OC when I didn't give a rip. Currently, I sparingly OC for local political reasons.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    I CCed 99% of the time until around 6 months ago or so. Now I OC probably 80% of the time (off duty). I prefer the gun rights statement it makes, and the faster access is nice too.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    If your mood fluctuates that much, maybe....well, you know.
    I don't mean it in that extent. There are some times more then others where I am more willing to explain why I am OCing. There are times I'm really not in the mood to explain it in a potential encounter... thus why I CC at times.

GM
    Unfortunately OC is not allowed in FL
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links