Stopped by cops for Open carry on Campus-Video. What do you think?

This is a discussion on Stopped by cops for Open carry on Campus-Video. What do you think? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hiram25 The next nut case that shows up at their school with the intentions of doing harm to others will shoot someone ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stopped by cops for Open carry on Campus-Video. What do you think?

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    The next nut case that shows up at their school with the intentions of doing harm to others will shoot someone with a weapon first, and since they usually know when the action will start, they can pick them out. If they do not know where the weapons are they may pick another location for their evil deeds.
    Has this ever been proven?

Also, I find it hard to apply logic to a nut case willing to do mass murder.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    I hate to admit it but we live in a different world now. The majority of the public associate guns with either law enforcement or criminals. Its this ignorance that makes them think if you not one your the other.
    Which is why educating the ignorant is so vital, starting with showing each of them how nonsensical their opinions truly are with reliably calm, cool, upstanding carry that doesn't spontaneously combust. I believe that most people will eventually cave to reality once they continually see something is true, at which point the lies they've been told for a lifetime won't hold the magic or sway they once did.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Which is why educating the ignorant is so vital, starting with showing each of them how nonsensical their opinions truly are with reliably calm, cool, upstanding carry that doesn't spontaneously combust. I believe that most people will eventually cave to reality once they continually see something is true, at which point the lies they've been told for a lifetime won't hold the magic or sway they once did.
    possibly with enough support, a demonstration would work. However because this guy was alone he was called out as MWG.

However unfortunate, it can't be denied that the majority public still frowns on open carry except by law enforcement. The Brady Campaign is gasoline on the fire...but it is getting better.... much better.

More people are getting involved and many people have the "ah-HA" moment when they realize that its OK for law abiding Joe to carry his gun. That's a good thing.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

VIP Member

However unfortunate, it can't be denied that the majority public still frowns on open carry except by law enforcement. The Brady Campaign is gasoline on the fire...but it is getting better.... much better.
    Perhaps where you are, but that's not the case around here.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Perhaps where you are, but that's not the case around here.
    I'm talking about as a whole. The article isn't exclusive to Utah and we can be darn sure this is going to show up as ammo for the Brady anti-gun agenda.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

VIP Member
    I'm talking about as a whole. The article isn't exclusive to Utah and we can be darn sure this is going to show up as ammo for the Brady anti-gun agenda.
    Sadly, that's true, let's just wait and see how they spin it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    If we didn't do anything because of fear of how the Brady bunch and NY Billionaires might try to spin it, we might as well close up shop.

That would be the extreme example of "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost" through fear.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Keep in mind that the UVU student has been openly carrying his firearm for a year and a half on campus with NO MWAG reports, and no issues form the LEO on campus.

My siter and bro in law were both at Virginia Tech the day of the mass shooting. They wish that there would have been some folks on campus carrying firearms that day. Less people might have died. They now have Utah CFP's.
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    If we didn't do anything because of fear of how the Brady bunch and NY Billionaires might try to spin it, we might as well close up shop.

That would be the extreme example of "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost" through fear.
    Woah I never said anything about fear....

The only "fear" is uneducated citizens that are reporting MWG even if they guy doesn't look shady and the gun is holstered. Those people feel threatened just by the mere sight of a gun. They close their minds and open their cell phone to dial 911.

In this day in age the guy in the business suit speaking about gun rights will win people over much quicker then the guy on the street with a .45 strapped to his side.

if people that want to do large open carry demonstrations without giving anti-gunners opportunities to counter education should be before demonstration. OMO

Gunn says Utah's gun laws are vague and don't clearly state whether open carry is legal.
    Lt. Douglas Anderson, with Utah BCI, said it is lawful to carry a concealed firearm on campus with a permit, but open carry is a "different animal." It is not expressly allowed or disallowed, he said.
    Since when does something need to be "expressly allowed" for it to be legal? Unless something is explicitly disallowed, it is legal... plain and simple, nothing "vague" about it. It bugs me when people dont understand that.

I support the kid but what is the point of OC when you can just put it under your shirt so nobody can see it? yah i get it he is with in his right but other people DOES not see it that way, specially those who are easily get freaked out when they see somebody carrying a weapon that is not wearing a LEO uniform, its just the society we live in now, don't you guys wish we all lived in the cowboy days that you can go anywhere with your gun on your side and nobody cares becs they have one too..
    Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's smart. I have zero respect for this kid.

I get so sick and tired of one step forward, two steps back because of these people who think it's their responsibility to educate and force their views upon others... it does nothing to further "the cause."

The LEO was doing this self-proclaimed hero a favor by telling him it's not a good idea. He could have just latched him for disorderly conduct, put him through the system and made him have a bad day or three. Maybe it wouldn't have stuck, but it would have ran up some legal expenses and caused the cocky kid some trouble.

If the school doesn't want OC, why force it? If it's truly for self-defense... conceal it and call it a day.

My eyes, they roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    "He lied to God".....that's quite a stretch.
    How is that a stretch? He took an oath that he swore to God. Right? He breaks that oath he lies to God. Right? Seems pretty simple to me. Folks can rationalize justify make all the excuses in the world but that fact remains. Anything short of protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States makes him a liar. To God. I understand in todays world an oath honor integrity even God are just words. To me they are much bigger, more important than life.
    So it boils down to what you see in the video. I saw him trying to undermine 2A. The student was not breaking the law. Had he been doing so would have been B slapped and put in cuffs. Instead he used his badge to manipulate the student to forfeit his right to open carry.
    If he supported 2A he would have been honest and talked to the whining citizen explaining to them that OC was perfectly legal. That there was nothing legally he could do to force the OC student to forfeit his 2A rights.
    Instead he abused his authority to intimidate the lawfully carry student to submit to his anti 2A position.
    Correct me if I am wrong other than the lie that he was pro 2A where did he actually do anything that supported 2A? Or did he lie to God?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Has this ever been proven?
    No it is a myth created and perpetuated by brady bunch anti self defense fanatics and those who parrot brady bunch propaganda for them without fact checking
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Really? I thought it was a terrible analogy. It's legal to walk up to someone and call them a ######## because I don't like their shirt. Is it smart to do? It's legal to drive through the streets of Detroit sporting gang symbols on one's vehicle, are you going to do that because you can?

Legal does not equal smart.
    You guys keep complaining about how your rights are going to be infringed upon by the fear mongers, yet you're not willing to meet halfway and keep them from seeing it, when asked. Out of sight, out of mind (and fear.) The subject in this video is not proving anything to the general population, except pushing them further away from his agenda.

Keep pushing it... you know what they say about backing people into corners.
    I agree that doing those things would be very unwise. You would be doing so at your own peril. Unless there is a law against being stupid there is no law for the officer to enforce. Do we want the to grant the government the power to decide what we are allowed to do on the grounds of stupidity?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    The next nut case that shows up at their school with the intentions of doing harm to others will shoot someone with a weapon first, and since they usually know when the action will start, they can pick them out. If they do not know where the weapons are they may pick another location for their evil deeds.
    TROLL!!!
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Links