Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Less than 10 per month

Votes: 165 75.7%
  • Zero, it's illegal in my state!

Votes: 41 18.8%

How many do you see OCing?

31K views 153 replies 119 participants last post by  tairoylance112 
#1 ·
I thought it would be interesting to know how many people you see OCing on a daily basis. NOT INCLUDING UNIFORMED LEOs. If you would also please put your state.

#2 ·
Colorado.

I open carry when I am walking the family late at night. secluded trails and dark secluded streets are the name of the game to put the babies to sleep in the stroller.

Exactly the scenario in which an upgrade from the 5 shot .38 to the double stack 45 is in order... I do this a couple times a month maybe? my wife has even started OCing on these occasions....

Last time I saw someone ELSE was a, um, very obvious lesbian couple, and the, um, "butch(?)" - had a what looked like a PPK maybe? on her hip in a cheap cloth holster....? in Wal-Mart. - good for them... I guess...? that was, gosh, 4 moths ago now?

#3 ·
Pre no permit for CC in AZ you saw it all the time .. We have been OC since the cowboy days .. .No permit ... I see it a fair ammont esp in the summer whens its hot .. Usally full size gun

#4 ·
IN my local areas of interest and travel, I never see anyone in OC. I live in the suburbs of a major city and never see an OC citizen, oven though in my State, a license to carry means you can legally carry in OC or concealed carry. but when I go Up State to much more rural areas, mountains and hunting lands , OC is much more prevalent.
Bill aka ET

#30 ·
Reckon it depends on where you are in the state. I dont get out a terrible lot to town but anytime I do its nothing to see 2 or three in the 2 or three hours im there. In car dealerships, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. If anything since the big O tried his dance o grab a gun Ive seen more OC around here than before and there was always quite a bit.

I think based on some I know well enough to talk too that its legal here with nothing. They can get a handgun here with nothing but cash needed, and refuse to jump thru state hoops to do something they have every right to do without it. At least thats been the general gist I get.

I was out Saturday and saw four OC in 3 hours. Monday there was an OC person here at my home. See it all the time. Nobody pays it any mind.

I do have a CCDWL but I OC also depending. Church Ill CC sometimes cc to grocery sometimes OC depending on my mood. Never had the first word said by anyone nor LEOs. Wouldnt matter if they did since theres diddly they can do about it in KY.:yup:

#9 ·
I expect them to. That is why I split the difference at 10. NON PERMIT State Preemption OC was made legal in KS 01 July 2014. But I have not seen one OCer since, maybe I just don't get out enough.

#90 ·
It's always been legal here, but I could count the number I've seen on one hand in the last couple of years.
^^Same for me in Mi^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think finding a leprechaun at the end of the rainbow would be easier.

#13 ·
PA here its legal in PA you really dont even need a permit/license to OC....there are a few rules for bigger cities and car carry..but you can OC..LUCKILY even so I only see about 1 or 2 a month if that..honestly thinking back last time I saw someone OC was late April early May....not seen once since.

#14 ·
PA.
Not counting gun shop owners/employees or hunters, one in the time I remember, and I'm 54.
Oh, and not counting myself either.

One guy wearing all black T shirt, tactical pants and cap at a local grocery store. He was walking around picking items off the shelves and reading the labels. I asked the cashier if they hired a guard and she said no. I assumed he was doing the "OC walkaround" and didn't want to drive to the Walmart.

#20 ·
<sarcasm> Gun!? YOU CAN'T SAY GUN HERE!!!!</sarcasm>

Yes, after i posted it I realized I should have made the option.

#18 ·
I might see OC a few times a years. The people are always the same. They're wearing ridiculous military looking outfits and walking around with an attitude begging for someone to say something to them. Nice guns, though.

#19 ·
I easily see 3-4 per week in Colorado Springs and it's not a big deal. That's not including uniformed LE or LGS workers.

Saturday, I saw two CCers during the hour I was in Costco (neither one here is posted) and one more during the short trip to Target after that.

If I hit an LGS or Bass-Pro/Sportsman's Warehouse and I don't see and OC then I would be more surprised than if I don't.

#24 ·
Oregon is open carry. Here in Northwest Oregon, I see two or three a month usually in a LGS. In Eastern Oregon or the less populated Western Oregon rural counties, I often open carry and see two or three a day.

#51 ·
Portland, Multnomah County, and most of the metro area aren't OC. I never really see it on the OR side of the river. There are a couple in Vancouver.

If you don't carry it every day, it's not every day carry.

#25 ·
In my state, none but this is the People's Republic of Maryland.

I'm in VA for work quite a bit and see a few each month. This is in Northern Virginia, not the rural southern portion. Lots of libs.....

#26 ·
Not a lot. I live in the northern part of Ohio in the outlying suburbs south of Cleveland. I've never seen anyone OC up here. I do have to travel out to the sticks for my job regularly and see it every now and then out there.

#28 ·
I'm just NE of the largest city in KY. I see others OC 2-3 times a month. Walmart, the farm supply store, gun shops. A woman at a corner store up the road OC's while she's at work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.