Pictorial: How You Carry Concealed

This is a discussion on Pictorial: How You Carry Concealed within the Reference & "How To" Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been trying to find pictures of people carrying concealed, but have been having a hard time finding any. I've been trying to decide how ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pictorial: How You Carry Concealed

I've been trying to find pictures of people carrying concealed, but have been having a hard time finding any. I've been trying to decide how to carry my 1911, and would like to see some pictures to learn from. If anyone has the time, could you post a pic of you having your gun concealed(as how normal people would see you outdoors), and then a pic of you revealing your guns location, and how you would draw it. I tried to ask at my CCW class, but they said that they couldn't discuss concealed carry options. Thanks in advance for any pic's,
    Nick

Assistant Administrator
    Nick - I have a coupla pics from a while ago - I'll see if I can find them, having I think used them before. They are only quick shots with reload bench as background - but do show my vest in use which is regular cover in summer - in winter long shirt.

I'll add here as and when I find the pics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well - these are old too - and the vest was an old worn one ....... but forgot - at same time repeated the deal with my heavy winter type shirt. BTW - not so good belt back then - since replaced ... plus I seem to always have real beat up jeans !!!

I can include too coupla pics from long ago when I had my Bianchi X-15 in use, under a light shirt ........

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

My DCW

Here is the setup I wear daily S&W 642CT in a Smartcarry holster, Leatherman Original, Kershaw Blur (or Spiderco Delica), Surefire NRA Special G2Z, Bianchi speedstrips.
    This works for me.
    Attached Images

Sig 239 with a t-shirt:

In cooler weather; Sig 229 with a fleece:

Under a lightweight, uninsulated canvas jacket in cool weather (shown in pic), or an insulated canvas jacket in cold weather. In warm weather I wear a short-sleeved button-up shirt. I either pull the shirt up with my left hand to draw, or I wear it unbuttoned with a colored t-shirt underneath. Another option I occasionally use is a somewhat loose-fitting t-shirt; this holster conceals well enough that I can wear my G19 completely concealed under a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    No offense intended, but it doesn't matter what pics we post with our guns and clothes....if you wear loose vests and oversized shirts you can hide just about anything...you need to strap on a 45 and see if your dress will allow you to conceal it...if you don't have a holster for it yet, try it in your pants or between your belt and pants on your hip....if it feels bulky or is hard to conceal..it still will be with any holster you choose....
    Maybe he is looking for ways he has not thought of.

You don't always need loose, over sized clothing to hide your weapon.
    Case in point She's 5'11 105 and carrying the same thing OldMick is Carrying above:

My wife with a Sig P239
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer him—by force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Assistant Administrator
    Nick - just remembered - another option which might be of interest is the UC Comfort ... and this thread includes info and a short vid.

More on the UC Comfort
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lucky1406, this is how I carry my M&P .40c. The holster is the Cochise Defender, made by K&D Holsters.

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

USP carried in a CTAC:

Senior Moderator
    My favorite holster and carry setup Kimber Ultra CDP .45...

And who said a little thing like me couldn't conceal a full size 1911??...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Lima - how does carrying your spare mag on your strong side work out for you? That is a fairly unusual set-up, and I was wondering why you chose it, how you perform reloads, and how (in general) you like it? Thanks...
    I got the holster from a member on this site actually, and I got it more because I needed a belt holster than anything else. It was a good price, it was available, it was for my gun, I needed it, so I bought it. I bought the holster more for the holster than for the fact that it has a mag pouch built in.

I was neither here nor there about it until I tried practicing from it and using it.

I was a LITTLE worried that the mag would get in the way when drawing but I was surprised to find that I had no problem at all clearing the magazine when I drew my gun.

Secondly, I was worried that I wouldn't like the mag pouch and wouldn't be able to do quick mag changes... Also (surprisingly) not true.

First, see the direction the magazine is pointed? It's kind of "backwards" but you'll understand why after seeing the pictures...

When I perform a mag change I reach across my body and grip the magazine naturally...

That way, when I pull the magazine from the pouch it is in the perfect position in my hand to be inserted into my gun..

I HAVE put the magazine in the pouch the other way only to almost put the magazine in the gun backwards when performing a mag change while on the move and rapid firing at 10 yards. It was very embarrassing, especially when I ended up dropping the magazine and needlessly fumbling with the gun and the magazine, taking my eyes off of the target.

I am getting the exact same belt holster without the mag pouch, and going to use my spare mag pouch on my weak side at times, but I don't think I'm going to be getting rid of this holster set up for awhile.

I'm actually right on the fence as to deciding whether I like it more than the traditional mag pouch on the weak hand side.

I have found that cover garments can be a problem in drawing like they can be for everyone, but when I'm reaching across my body and into my shirt to retrieve my spare mag instead of reaching back and trying to push back a cover garment, my mag changes are smoother.

I do fine with both and I'm happy with both and that is why I'm on the fence as to which I would choose over the other.

This system is like any other. Once you get used to it, it works fine.

P220 Carry SAO

P229, leftie..
    Attached Images
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Here's my 5" Mil-spec riding in Gary Brommeland's MaxCon V. The cover shirt is size medium, same as I wore 20 - 30 pounds ago. I'm currently 5'-11" and 190lbs.

I'll soon be switching my primary carry to a Glock 19 in a Brommeland Def Con OWB holster - just picked it up yesterday and it was a sweetheart at the range (pics coming Monday).

Going to OWB carry I've bought several size large shirts just to add a little length to the cover shirt. The mediums will work fine for normal situations but for reaching top shelves at the store I wanted the extra coverage.
    Jack

VIP Member
    summer carry style: (right side covers, spare mag, Surefire light& another knife)
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Like this, or OWB in the same position with a button up shirt covering it (untucked).

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links