This is a discussion on Forum Rules 2008-11-21 within the Reference & "How To" Forum forums, part of the Related Topics category; Forum Rules DefensiveCarry.com Rules The DefensiveCarry.com forums have grown tremendously and we thank all of you for being part of this community committed to concealed ...
Forum RulesDefensiveCarry.com Rules
The DefensiveCarry.com forums have grown tremendously and we thank all of you for being part of this community committed to concealed weapons carry.
In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, I hope each of you will take a minute and read "Our Rules" here or under the link in the blue navigation bar above. The rules are meant to reduce the amount of discord that is present in so many other forums and detracts from the purpose and value of the forum itself. This forum was created to be a resource for those of us that legally carry a concealed weapon and, where required, have obtained a concealed carry permit.
Every member is expected to follow the forum rules to participate. You agreed to them to become a member. Where they are open to interpretation, the forum Administrator and/or Moderators will make the interpretation. If there are any questions regarding these rules, please feel free to contact any of the forum staff.
1. Although we have a number of other forums here, we are primarily focused on concealed carry. Threads and posts should be related to the individual forum's focus.
2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip
and don't post it.
3. Each member is allowed one account. Multiple user account registrations for one individual are not permitted. We have tools designed to detect multiple accounts and, when discovered, we reserve the right to delete, revoke or merge any or all of these accounts, without further notice.
4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well.
5. We have a number of female members on the forum and hope to attract more for their unique perspective and experiences. We do not, however, have "gender specific" forums. They are regarded as individuals that carry a concealed weapon that just happen to be female. They will not be subjected to sexual innuendo as a part of their membership. Be warned, there is zero tolerance regarding this particular rule.
6. We do not discriminate in regards to religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference, or national origin, nor will we tolerate, on this forum, those that do. Racial, ethnic, or religious slurs appearing in posts will be removed.
7. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. The posting of meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, including links off-site the forum are assumed to be for that reason.
8. Spamming is not allowed and will result in having your account removed. This includes using the forum email and Private Message system to spam other members privately. Any member receiving this type of PM or email, should immediately notify forum staff.
9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we generally discourage these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.
10. Discussion of illegal activities except in reporting the actions of others is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed or the poster will given the opportunity to edit their admission out of the post. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law.
11. While we have no problem with you mentioning another forum or posting an occasional link to a particular thread in another forum, we do not allow either blatant advertising or bashing other boards/forums. Those violating this rule are subject to having all previous links removed from this forum.
12. Those using, or attempting to use, an anonymous proxy to either register or access this forum will be banned, without notice, warning or discussion.
While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. Posts that are contrary to the above policies or to the mission of DefensiveCarry.com, or violate our community standards may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion. We're a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff and forum Administrators and/or Moderators shall make the final decision on what does/does not violate community standards.
Guidelines and Forum Restrictions
Members are allowed (and encouraged) to post on topic pictures. It is preferred that you upload them here to prevent broken links resulting when the website hosting the pictures moves or removes them, but linking is allowable. Linked graphics will sometimes drastically slow down the loading of a thread/post. Please consider this when posting pictures. Threads with broken picture links will have the links removed as we come across them.
When you post pictures, the software will automatically thumbnail them. Clicking on the thumbnail will expand the picture to full size. The purpose of thumbnails are so you don't have to load large images every time you visit the thread unless you specifically want to see them. It also speeds the loading of pages, saves bandwidth and prevents large pictures from distorting the size of the thread causing you to have to scroll horizontally. Most people don't want to see every picture, every time they visit a thread. Please don't repetitively post the same picture over and over again. Once really is enough.
As a family friendly forum, avatars must not be in poor taste, period. Avatars that are found to be in poor taste will be removed. A size restriction is set at 125x125 pixels, with a maximum size of 50k.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures may not exceed 150 characters. BB code is allowed, HTML code is not allowed. Graphics are also not allowed in signature lines. This is enforced by the software.
Member's selling individual personal items (non-commercial) is allowed in "Member Buy, Sell, Trade" forum once a member has made 25 or more posts. All thread titles should include the state where these items are located. Items listed here must not be listed elsewhere on the Internet, including auction sites or other forums.
Advertising, for paid sponsors only, is allowed in the "Sponsor Buy, Sell, Trade" forum.
We do not allow advertising to be embedded within the forum topics, in fairness to our paid sponsors, who help keep this forum operating. Simply mentioning a related business in the course of a thread is in no way restricted as long as it is relevant to the thread and would not be considered obtrusive. We would be happy to place a link to your business website in our "Related Links" area in consideration of a reciprocal link. No other advertising will be allowed within the forum and, when found, will be removed.
Please PM or email Bumper if you have any questions regarding this policy.
Links in Signatures
Linking to ONE commercial product/service related to our focus is allowable, provided it is not an affiliate program link. Multiple site links or promotional text for a commercial product or service is not allowed. Signatures must be kept low key.
Member "Off Topic" Discussions forum
All topics and posts must be related to concealed carry, firearms, and other related topics and should be placed in the appropriate forum. The Member "Off Topic" forum is where our members can post almost anything, as long as it does not violate DefensiveCarry.com community standards. If you have comments or questions that are off topic or don't fit into any other forum, this is the place. Posts that get off topic in other threads may also be split and moved here or deleted. There is no appropriate place for off color jokes on this website.
A note on FREE SPEECH:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. We are, however, a privately owned venture and as such, your freedom of speech does not grant you a right to post anything you may wish to say on this forum. These rules are a contract you agree to when you become a member of this forum and members are expected to adhere to them. Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights. If you do not like our rules or feel you cannot follow them, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own.
If you feel you can abide by these rules, we hope that you join us on DefensiveCarry.com. We invite you to share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie. "Share what you know, learn what you don't."
The DefensiveCarry.com Staff