T-shirts/undershirts- $11/4

This is a discussion on T-shirts/undershirts- $11/4 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm kinda a big guy, have to wear a 2XL shirt because of my broad shoulders and slight beer gut. I normally wear flannel shirts ...

Thread: T-shirts/undershirts- $11/4

T-shirts/undershirts- $11/4

I'm kinda a big guy, have to wear a 2XL shirt because of my broad shoulders and slight beer gut. I normally wear flannel shirts or fleece pullovers and wear an undershirt or t-shirt underneath. Problem I have is that when I'm carrying, the t-shirt becomes untucked.
    Anyhow, while out at WallyWorld yesterday, I saw some Fruit of the Loom 2XL t-shirts/undershirts that have "generous length". Figured what the heck and picked up a pack.
    I've been wearing one today while carrying and its really comfortable and it hasn't untucked at all. The length is very generous. I will definately get a couple more packs. For the price, ya can't beat it!

Just wanted to pass along the product and "field report"
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    I'm kinda a big guy, have to wear a 2XL shirt because of my broad shoulders and slight beer gut. I normally wear flannel shirts or fleece pullovers and wear an undershirt or t-shirt underneath. Problem I have is that when I'm carrying, the t-shirt becomes untucked.
    Anyhow, while out at WallyWorld yesterday, I saw some Fruit of the Loom 2XL t-shirts/undershirts that have "generous length". Figured what the heck and picked up a pack.
    I've been wearing one today while carrying and its really comfortable and it hasn't untucked at all. The length is very generous. I will definately get a couple more packs. For the price, ya can't beat it!

Just wanted to pass along the product and "field report"
    We get involved with printing T shirts etc.......In the UK I try and avoid Fruit of the Loom as they tend to shrink no matter what wash you use..........

Just my 2 cents!!

Tint Bob (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    We get involved with printing T shirts etc.......In the UK I try and avoid Fruit of the Loom as they tend to shrink no matter what wash you use..........

Just my 2 cents!!

Tint Bob (UK)
    My wife does silk screening and embrodery so I know about the various brands of shirts to look out for.
    FotL shrinks when you put them in the dryer. I let mine airdry on a hanger, never had any problems or issues. I also wash them in cold water.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

skip the dryer

I too mostly use cold water in the machine and hang dry. I always figure that the dryer is slowly destroying your clothes, based on the lint it generates.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    A bit more expensive but I'm sold on 5.11 Tees. I've been wearing them for over a year and they have never shrunk and the collar doesn't stretch. Surprized how well they wear - bought three packs of three and have one pack that hasn't been opened yet.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Duluth Trading Long-Tail T's...For Big Guys, you can't beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
    A bit more expensive but I'm sold on 5.11 Tees. I've been wearing them for over a year and they have never shrunk and the collar doesn't stretch. Surprized how well they wear - bought three packs of three and have one pack that hasn't been opened yet.
    Really???

I tried a pack of 2XL's and I was very impressed with them when I got them out of the package for the feel of the material and the size looked perfect. But after the first wash and dry,.... bigtime shrinkage!! Gave them to my 15 yr old step-son who wears a large and they fit him.

I was really disappointed.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I 've been getting FTL A-shirts XXL and haven't had a problem with shrinkage. But they will tear if you catch them wrong between holster and gun. Big complaint is that they package black and grey together so I eat 50% loss off the top. As I only want the black since they go better with my ninja outfits.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Try this site for T-shirts:
    T-Shirts - Shoppers Rule
    Hint, "offer" about 60% of the listed price.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    ftl always had a shrinking problem for me...hanes not so much....

I've been buying my t's of this web site for a while now. Wholesale Blank T-Shirts - Short Sleeve - JiffyShirts.com
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links