Button up shirts- links? Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Button up shirts- links? Suggestions? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking for some button up (short sleeve or long sleeve, flannel or not) shirts for CCW wear. I've found some but am looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Button up shirts- links? Suggestions?

Button up shirts- links? Suggestions?

I've been looking for some button up (short sleeve or long sleeve, flannel or not) shirts for CCW wear. I've found some but am looking for some others.
    Anybody have any suggestions or links?
    I wear a 2XLT so its kinda hard to find them

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Check out Kohls' website.

Wilderness Sonoran Shirts. A bit pricy, but they do the job well. I wear them almost exclusively anymore.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

These are designed for concealed carry....

Covert Casual Plaid Shirt | Concealed Carry | 5.11 Tactical

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    CMR, if I remember correctly you mentioned your wife does embroidery, check out the offerings from San-Mar and Broder Bros.
    She could possibly order a few extra shirts for you next time she places an order for her customers. Broder Bros has a warehouse in Plymouth, shouldn't be far if you wanted to take a look-see yourself, before she orders.
    Last edited by Rugergirl; March 15th, 2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    CMR, if I remember correctly you mentioned your wife does embroidery, check out the offerings from San-Mar and Broder Bros.
    She could possibly order a few extra shirts for you next time she places an order for her customers. Broder Bros has a warehouse in Plymouth, shouldn't be far if you wanted to take a look-see yourself, before she orders.
    She's been having problems with Broders in Plymouth. Thats why we haven't ordered anything from them.

Plus finding 2XLT (as in TALL) is hard to find.
    Thanks though.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

I wear a lot of Guyabara shirts, a dress shirt meant to be worn untucked. Here in FL, I also have the advantage of it being cool and comfortable and it sort of blends in without the flashy look of a Hawiian shirt.

I get some locally and some from here and I've had good service from them, No XXL-T but plenty of XXL:
    eBay Store ? Goodfellas Wear: Search results for.

Until my dad lost weight recently, I used to get him clothes at Big and Tall Clothes for Men at KingSize Direct.

They have plus sizes, and (for the concealed carry crowd), TALL sizes.

I buy a lot of Wrangler Hero form Wally World in 2xl. They are not super long. I wear Carhartt 2xl t shirts underneath. They are super long. I don't know why, but Carhartt makes T shirts that match the Wragler shirt color. I can wear both shirt and t shirt untucked and conceal anything. Tuck the t shirt and wear Wrangler shirt buttoned or unbottoned, still conceals good.

Not a bad shirt for $10. I also wear a lot of Polo shirts.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Got just what you need: Land's End Business Outfitters ( Men's Long Sleeve Oxford Sport Shirt from Lands'End Business Outfitters) sells marvelous quality wears-for-years shirts for cheap ($26 sound OK?). Find what you want, get the product numbers, then phone the nice folks at their main website and they can retail them to you. SERIOUSLY good construction, weight, and wearability (I bought three or four and had to buy some more three years later - I wore them daily, so I probably got well over two hundred wearings/washings out of each).

Quote Originally Posted by JPCleary View Post
    These are designed for concealed carry....

Covert Casual Plaid Shirt | Concealed Carry | 5.11 Tactical
    Don't bother with these!

I'm 6'6" and 300lbs. Basically wear exactly what you described, 2XLT and these things don't fit the bill. You gotta be a bean pole to conceal anything bigger than a .380acp with one of these shirts. The cut pattern blows!

Wifey ordered me 2 for the holidays and they went back the next business day! First thing 5.11 I've ever sent back.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    Don't bother with these!

I'm 6'6" and 300lbs. Basically wear exactly what you described, 2XLT and these things don't fit the bill. You gotta be a bean pole to conceal anything bigger than a .380acp with one of these shirts. The cut pattern blows!

Wifey ordered me 2 for the holidays and they went back the next business day! First thing 5.11 I've ever sent back.
    I disagree. In my opinion, these are some of the most well crafted, CCW friendly shirts out there. I definitely am NOT a beanpole, and I manage to conceal a G19 OWB quite easily.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Quote Originally Posted by Holdcard View Post
    Wilderness Sonoran Shirts. A bit pricy, but they do the job well. I wear them almost exclusively anymore.

Holdcard
    I just stumbled on these shirts for the first time tonight while checking out getting a new belt. They look to be most excellent and I'll be ordering one when I order my new Wilderness belt.

+1 on the recommendation!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I just stumbled on these shirts for the first time tonight while checking out getting a new belt. They look to be most excellent and I'll be ordering one when I order my new Wilderness belt.

+1 on the recommendation!
    Must have stumbled over the price! They're HUGE
    They look ok, but thats cutting into gun/ammo money

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    Must have stumbled over the price! They're HUGE
    They look ok, but thats cutting into gun/ammo money
    Yep, they are pricey. Bottom line is that they work well and perform the function I bought them for. They are cut longer, the material is stiffer and if there is any printing the pattern will usually cover it up. It's a really well thought out design by people who actually carry concealed.

If they didn't work I'd quit buying them.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links