Defensive Carry banner

Green Lasers

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  NbleSavage 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried a green laser? The one I was looking at was by Viridian. It is rail mounted and was fitted to a Springfield XD. Apparently there is also a universal model. I know green lasers use more battery but I would not think it would be much of a problem to replace a battery on a rail mounted laser.

Green is supposed to be easier to see in low light. What do you think?

#2 ·
I have seen the videos and the green sure looks to do alot better in sunlight...but the PRICE:ahhhhh:

#3 ·
Green is much better in daylight. At night it will light up the room and the beam will be visible with any above-average humidity or dust. May or may not be a good thing. To me green is cool but not worth the extra $$. Somebody needing a daytime laser might feel differently.

I recently have been researching lasers and it seems Viridian is a good company. As far as I know, here are the "trustworthy" laser companies:

Crimson Trace (CTC)
LaserMax
ArmaLaser
Viridian
Surefire
Insight
and I think I'm missing about 2 others.

Here are the laser companies that I have a very low opinion of:
UTG (personal experience)
NCStar (hearsay)

Too expensive for now, but Viridian is a good company. I think LaserMax also has a green rail laser now, and CTC is starting up some green, so hopefully competition will bring the price down.

#4 ·
Green is much better in daylight. At night it will light up the room and the beam will be visible with any above-average humidity or dust. May or may not be a good thing. To me green is cool but not worth the extra $$. Somebody needing a daytime laser might feel differently.

I recently have been researching lasers and it seems Viridian is a good company. As far as I know, here are the "trustworthy" laser companies:

Crimson Trace (CTC)
LaserMax
ArmaLaser
Viridian

Surefire
Insight
and I think I'm missing about 2 others.

Here are the laser companies that I have a very low opinion of:
UTG (personal experience)
NCStar (hearsay)

Too expensive for now, but Viridian is a good company. I think LaserMax also has a green rail laser now, and CTC is starting up some green, so hopefully competition will bring the price down.
The Viridan for the Springfield XD was about $230. The universal was
around $290.00. I know Lasermax is quite a bit more expensive and I have not found one for most of the pistols I own.

Good point about lighting up the room at night. I have a green laser pointer. All the tech guys do think they are cool.

#5 ·
I wanted to put a LaserMax into my new SA XD40 SC but they did not make a green one that goes inside the weapon (replaces the push rod spring) so I got the red one. It is a little hard to see in daylight, but once you know what your looking for it still works ok in the daylight. On a cloudy day or evening or dark it's awsome.

#6 ·
I was at the range next to someone that installed a green Viridian on his XD. The green dot looked fantastic. I was using a Crimson Trace on my LCP and the green was much more visible.

One huge problem though. I don't know if the guy installed it incorrectly, but after about 50 rounds, the Viridian actually fell off his XD and landed in pieces in front of the firing line. He had to wait for a range officer to sweep the pieces and batteries back again.

#7 ·
Off topic, but NCstar makes very good products, for the money they want for them.They dont compare to Leupold or Viridian at all, but ncstar stuff is 1/4 of the price. No im not a dealer.
On topic, I like my lasermax, its harder to conceal though. :danceban:

#9 ·
All my experience with NC star is as long as its used on paintball equipment it might be ok,any gun I ever mounted an NC star scope or red dot on would not hold up to the recoil or hold a zero.waste your money if you want,but I'd rather save my pennies and buy quality

#8 ·
Well there must be a market for them because CRIMSON Trace is now making a green laser on their vertical foregrips for the AR. Seems like a good choice especially in daylight conditions.

#10 ·
I own a Viridian green laser for my Glock 19. I LOVE it. Three modes (continuous, pulse, rapid pulse) and the dude who's laser fell of his XD must not have had it properly installed. I have to pull HARD to dismount mine from the rails on my G19. It zeroes easy, it holds zero well and it is very easy to see. No complaints.

Peace.

- Savage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.