Are there any ear plugs that will plug into your ipod?

This is a discussion on Are there any ear plugs that will plug into your ipod? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I feel like this would make shooting even more enjoyable than it already is. Do you guys know of anything like this?...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are there any ear plugs that will plug into your ipod?

Are there any ear plugs that will plug into your ipod?

I feel like this would make shooting even more enjoyable than it already is. Do you guys know of anything like this?

2. Remove Ads

You question is are there ear plugs that go into you ipod ear plugs?
    God so loved the world he gave his only son...
    Whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

W

Don't know of anything like that, but you could always wear your ear buds under your muffs.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Don't know of anything like that, but you could always wear your ear buds under your muffs.
    Yeah I thought about that, but I figured it would be more convenient if you had the 2-in-1

Personally, one should be concentrating on what one is doing while shooting, not listening to music. Negligent discharges and other nasty stuff are virtually always caused by a shooter being distracted instead of paying attention.

Additionally, if one has music blaring in their ears, one cannot hear range commands.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Personally, one should be concentrating on what one is doing while shooting, not listening to music. Negligent discharges and other nasty stuff are virtually always caused by a shooter being distracted instead of paying attention.

Additionally, if one has music blaring in their ears, one cannot hear range commands.
    'Concur. I hope that this doesn't come across as a rebuke, but shooting is an activity that warrants your full attention.

I bought a set of electronic muffs from cabelas made by Impact Sports. They are great for shooting as they muffle sharp noises over a certain db, like gunfire, and they amplify all other noises like conversation and critters walking in the woods. They have a volume control, two microphones, one on either side, and a standard headphone jack with a cord for a radio or Ipod. They sell for about $50.
    I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

I had a pair of these, In-Ear Headphones EB300A
    they blocked alot of outside noise and sounded great and had a big squishy bud like a foam earplug that goes IN your ear.
    but like the others said, could be dangerous if you do it around others. out in the hills all by your self? go for it!
    Life is a game of chance, be prepared to throw down when its time to dance. If your young, enjoy it cuz your youth is gold and never waste time every single day you grow old. written is a page in the book for you, with hard times and bad luck to see what you will do.

Howard Leight makes electronic ear muffs with a jack for audio input.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    There are some fancy pro audio ones that are combines fitted plugs with earphones. They use them to listen to mixes at really loud rock concerts.

All the ones I have seen are kinda pricey. There are probably some knockoffs that work fine and are affordable.

here are some typical ones:

Shure - SE Models

Shure | SE115 Sound-Isolating In-Ear Stereo Earphones | SE115-RD
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by copperdoc1 View Post
    I bought a set of electronic muffs from cabelas made by Impact Sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Howard Leight makes electronic ear muffs with a jack for audio input.
    Those are one in the same.

I have a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sports and they work well.
    Haven't tried using the input jack though.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Concur. I hope that this doesn't come across as a rebuke, but shooting is an activity that warrants your full attention.
    Well my question wasn't "Is it safe to shoot while listening to music?" But to put your mind at ease, I am confident in my ability to shoot while simultaneously listening to music. As far as listening to range commands, I shoot in the mountains with no one around. Even if I was at the range, the discharge of firearms combined with hearing protection will impair your ability to hear the range officer much more than a little background music.

Quote Originally Posted by copperdoc1 View Post
    I bought a set of electronic muffs from cabelas made by Impact Sports. They are great for shooting as they muffle sharp noises over a certain db, like gunfire, and they amplify all other noises like conversation and critters walking in the woods. They have a volume control, two microphones, one on either side, and a standard headphone jack with a cord for a radio or Ipod. They sell for about $50.
    Do you have a link?
    Last edited by Wiggity; March 29th, 2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Clarity

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Try your local music shop, they have hearing protection earbuds. But honestly I would stick to normal hearing protection to prevent accidents.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Not all range have an RSO that uses range commands...mine doesn't.

Secondly, if you can't safely handle a firearm with music on, what is going to happen if you have to use your firearm with people screaming, crying, dogs barking, and people running around you?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
    Well my question wasn't "Is it safe to shoot while listening to music?" But to put your mind at ease, I am confident in my ability to shoot while simultaneously listening to music. As far as listening to range commands, I shoot in the mountains with no one around. Even if I was at the range, the discharge of firearms combined with hearing protection will impair your hearing much more than a little background music.

Do you have a link?
    I don't remember saying a single thing about music damaging hearing.

As for all the rest ... well to each his own, I guess. Some things, IMHO, are not candidates for multi-tasking.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links