Removing My CT from my LCP

This is a discussion on Removing My CT from my LCP within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well all....after using my CT sight on my LCP for over a year now, I have decided to sell it off. I do not have ...

Thread: Removing My CT from my LCP

Well all....after using my CT sight on my LCP for over a year now, I have decided to sell it off. I do not have a CT on my CW40 that I carry and I want to ensure I keep the same bare bones on both my CCWs. This way I do not try to engage with my CW40 and start looking for a red dot. First guy I called and told him I would take a crisp hondo said he would be over today. Funny thing, last year when I put the CT on I gave him the leather pocket holster I had made and today he said that if he buys it I have to swap the leather pocket holster I made that fits the CT sight as well. I guess its good to know he loves my holsters.
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

I can see the logic in this, but I have to ask why not put a CT on both guns?
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Less bulk, no battries. I have truly been trying to get back to basics in life. Heck, i'm even thinking about buying a longbow/wood arrows for hunting this year; freezer might not be a full though....
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

Quote Originally Posted by Carry4MyFam View Post
    Less bulk, no battries. I have truly been trying to get back to basics in life. Heck, i'm even thinking about buying a longbow/wood arrows for hunting this year; freezer might not be a full though....
    You know, Vegetarian is an old Indian word.....means Bad Hunter.

As for getting back to the basics, if you start running around in a loin cloth you might want to consider a smart carry.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

If I start running around in a loin cloth I will have no need to carry......no one would come near me!

I know all too well what you mean.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    You learn to point shoot you do not need sights or a laser and you can still hit body mass quicker because you are not trying to acquire a target. Small friearms are close encounter defensive firearms that do not require sights or lasers--that is one reason that they are not included on these type of firearms. I understand S&W is going to include a laser on their 380 product in May but, quite frankly IMO, this is called "marketing" not gunsmithing.

I found that when out at the range I can't really train with the laser anyway (to much light). I find myself point shooting every time with the LCP; six shot rapid fire, always stays in a paper plate anyhow. I am sure if I have to use the LCP its going to be in a push/shove, step back, fire type of engagment. Like I said, back to basics....center mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Carry4MyFam View Post
    I found that when out at the range I can't really train with the laser anyway (to much light). I find myself point shooting every time with the LCP; six shot rapid fire, always stays in a paper plate anyhow. I am sure if I have to use the LCP its going to be in a push/shove, step back, fire type of engagment. Like I said, back to basics....center mass.
    I had a Ruger LCP with the CT laserguard that I traded for a Kahr CW9. I felt the same way you did plus I was tired of hunting down .380 ammunition.
    God bless our troops!

Well its gone and boy did my buddy make out....CT sight, leather pocket holster, leather IWB holster & a well trimmed hand-all Jr with a hole in it for the CT button...$100.... now I just need to sell of my 2nd AR (556mm) so I can by a custom longbow....

Sponsored Links