Glock Customer Servce?

Glock Customer Servce?

This is a discussion on Glock Customer Servce? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How is Glock's customer service? I've asked Glock to replace the brand new factory magazine that exploded on the second round. Its been over a ...

Thread: Glock Customer Servce?

VIP Member

Question Glock Customer Servce?

How is Glock's customer service?

I've asked Glock to replace the brand new factory magazine that exploded on the second round. Its been over a week and Glock does not seem interested in calling me back. Makes me wonder if getting a bad magazine replaced is such a big deal, what will it be like when I have a problem with a pistol?

This is definitely influencing my next pistol purchase - I don't want to spend money where I can't get decent product support.

Anyone else want to share their Glock Customer Service experiences, good or bad?

Call this guy and explain your problem.

Gary Shumate, he's a Glock sales rep for GA, SC, and AL, but he can direct you to the right person for VA.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Actually, I've always had excellent customer support from Glock. They do however have a limited number of associates to take care of a vast amount of things. As retsupt99 suggested, some of the affiliated sales reps or Glock armorers in your area may be able to get you faster results. I have an area rep in Kansas.....OMB Guns. Another thing to consider is that civilian sales and replacements of magazines can involve some red tape as we all know standard capacity and limited capacity magazines availability depends a lot on where you live, so they may be making sure that shipping you a new item follows along with all of the laws. I would never suggest that each and every customer has a number in line either.......authorized distributors and law enforcement contracts will more than likely take precedence over the civilian owner when it comes to turn around times when you go through the Glock headquarters even though I'm sure each and every customer is important to them. This is probably why they've set up regional networks of authorized distributors and representatives to help take some of the load. If you are unable to get satisfaction from one of the regional support folks, that's when you should contact Glock at the top level. Sort of going through the chain of support, and trying to look at the big picture. I'll tell you one thing.....each and every time I've contacted Glock through emails or over the phone, I've always been taken care of immediately.....and I've always spoken to a real live person without being put on hold indefinitely.
    What I'd like to know is how many other firearms manufacturers and their customer support services have you dealt with in the past, and what was your experience with them?

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Why did you send it to Glock? Why not the store where you purchased it (or any authorized Glock dealer)?

That's a bit like sending your new Chevy back to Detroit because the starter failed, instead of taking it to the local dealer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Why did you send it to Glock? Why not the store where you purchased it (or any authorized Glock dealer)?

That's a bit like sending your new Chevy back to Detroit because the starter failed, instead of taking it to the local dealer.
    +1
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

VIP Member
    Thanks for the responses. I'll give one of the reps a call on Monday.

RamRod, over the years I've dealt with S&W, Thompson Center, and Ruger. Most of my contacts have been handled in a pretty timely fashion. Lately though I have noticed Thompson Center is not quite as good as they used to be, probably something to do with the S&W merger. I realize not all calls will go smoothly all the time, just seems like it is not too much to receive a call back within a weeks time. Maybe I expect too much from Glock? Of course, Thompson Center did not call me back this week either, so who knows.

OldVet, I have always figured that once something is used, it should go back to the manufacturer and not the dealer if there are issues. Few and far between is how I would describe the problems I've had with failure. Also, I ordered this magazine from Brownells, and don't want to go thru the hassle of return shipping and my expense.

You talk to your local Glcok Rep and they will help you out...be very surprised if they dont. They have the market share they do for a reason.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

JT
    What do you mean the magazine exploded? Pictures?
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    What do you mean the magazine exploded? Pictures?
    love to see that myself...what exactly happened to the mag?...

VIP Member

Read about it here

Read the details in this thread
    why-i-test-magazines-range

Basically, the follower stuck at the bottom of the mag on the 2nd round thru the magazine, caused a jam, which I cleared by removing the magazine. The bullets then fell out of the magazine, I looked inside, the follower was stuck at the bottom of the mag. When I was looking at it, the follower exploded thru the top of the magazine.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Does anyone have an e-mail address for Glock? I'm trying to get the info on LEO authorized dealers in NC, for when I get back to the states to pick up a new glock or 2. I've searched their website, and can't find an e-mail address. I'm currently in Afghanistan and just can't pick up the phone and call them.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Does anyone have an e-mail address for Glock? I'm trying to get the info on LEO authorized dealers in NC, for when I get back to the states to pick up a new glock or 2. I've searched their website, and can't find an e-mail address. I'm currently in Afghanistan and just can't pick up the phone and call them.
    Here you go.

GLOCK Contact Information

Email: gssf@glock.us

GSSF
    6000 Highlands Pkwy
    Smyrna, GA 30082

Phone: 770.437.4718
    Fax: 770.437.4719

James

They can be a mixed bag it seems...some people rave about their customer service some people say they are one of the worst...seems to be one of those...depends on who you get on the phone type deals.

I have had two trigger reset springs fail on my Glock. Wrote them about each failure and included the sheared part each time. Glock never responded to me. There poor customer service is balanced by the few problems that I've needed to contact them.

Sponsored Links