What are the best electronic ear protection? That are actually worth the $$$...

This is a discussion on What are the best electronic ear protection? That are actually worth the $$$... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, What is the best electronic ear protection muffs that are worth the $$$ to you? Lets see what the heard reports and what brand ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi,

What is the best electronic ear protection muffs that are worth the $$$ to you?

Lets see what the heard reports and what brand comes out most popular.

I have a pair of Peltor muffs, and a pair of slim Howard Leight muffs. I've had 'em for years, and they both work well. The Peltors have a bit higher NRR, but in use, I can't really tell much difference....the Peltors are heavier, but not uncomfortably so... It's nice to be able to converse/shoot without having to take muffs off/put 'em on.... The Peltors take a 9v battery, and the HL takes 2 AAA batteries
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Have tried the Peltors, and liked them, but picked up the Howard Leight OD ones on the recommendation of one of our instructors. They use a lot of both brands, and have more issues with the Peltors. Granted these are the $60 Peltors, not the $200+ premium ones.

i got a pair of the Tactical Level Peltors and love them

I hunt and shoot at the range. Predator Gold from Pro Ears work well for me, had them for a year with no problems. My buddy uses his a lot more, and has complained about battery use, but there is an auto shutoff feature. Also has adjustments for sensitivity and gain. $300/pr but discounts available.

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro.

Active cancellation of impulsive noise, and amplification of voice frequencies. About $230.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

My wife and I have Peltors. We spent around $110 years ago, so they were fairly good ones.
    Are they worth it? I believe having the ear protection and still being able to hear directions on the firing line is important for safety. OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Purchased the Peltor Tactical 7S for about $125 last month. 25db NR. Used them for two 8 hour days during a training class and they were a huge improvement over the cheapo non amplified versions. I could hear perfectly all range commands and everything else going on the firing line. I will say they got a little uncomfortable after keeping them on for 4-5 hours straight before lunch breaks but overall I am very impressed.
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

Got rid of all my Peltors and replaced with Howard Leights Impact Sports model. Great sound quick cut off and SO much easier to change batteries. Good amplification levels too. All day wear in no problem.

I have the Howard Leight Impact model and like it. I used someones Peltor before I bought ths and liked it as well, but it was too pricey for my budget.

VIP Member
    As mentioned above, the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X Ear Muff with the GEL Earmuff Seals accessory. I wish I had a nickel for every nickel I've spent on this damn hobby...

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X Ear Muff
    MSA Sordin headset accessories from SRS Tactical in USA

Regards,
    Dan Ortego
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Peltor TacticalPro Electronic Hearing Protector - Collapsable Folding Headband MT15H7F-SV MT15H7F SV

I have this type of Peltor, and wouldn't trade them for anything else I've tried. We use them around aircraft, etc. as well .... when you have to be able to hear talking, but don't want all the other noise, etc. and what that can do to your hearing.

For shooting, they block out everything but a light muffled sound but can still talk easily to the person next to you .... or hear conversations across the room if you want.

I have the Peltors....they are nice. I use mine a lot. and just did all weekend at the Knob Creek machine gun shoot.

That being said the Pro Ears are some of the best technology out there. Watch this video...I beleive it speaks for them. They are a little pricy though, over $300.
    YouTube - Pro Ears Hearing Protection from U.S. Cavalry
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Peltor TacticalPro Electronic Hearing Protector - Collapsable Folding Headband MT15H7F-SV MT15H7F SV

I have this type of Peltor, and wouldn't trade them for anything else I've tried. We use them around aircraft, etc. as well .... when you have to be able to hear talking, but don't want all the other noise, etc. and what that can do to your hearing.

For shooting, they block out everything but a light muffled sound but can still talk easily to the person next to you .... or hear conversations across the room if you want.
    +1 on the Peltors. I use the on the flight line and at the range as well. The only change I made to them was the gel ear cups. Can wear them all day without any discomfort.

Optics Planet have Howard Leight's Electronic Earmuffs on sale for $62.95 and that includes free shipping. I use them and recommend them. Just my opinion.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links