Patrol Bag (leo) BOB (civilian)

This is a discussion on Patrol Bag (leo) BOB (civilian) within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all once again. I have a question I have another thread going about carrying stuff on my duty belt some people have mentioned carrying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Patrol Bag (leo) BOB (civilian)

Patrol Bag (leo) BOB (civilian)

Hey all once again.

I have a question I have another thread going about carrying stuff on my duty belt some people have mentioned carrying certain things in my patrol bag. Well I started thinking that I don't have a well rounded bag. I carry most of my gear on my belt. I have a bag but not a patrol bag.

Topic of thread.

What kind of patrol bag do you carry and what do you keep in it.
    Here's what I think I will put in mine.

Hatch patrol bag
    Sog multi tool
    Becker tac tool
    extra loaded mags (pistol and rifle if I ever carry one)
    extra boxes of ammo
    extra flash light
    extra batteries
    shackles
    over size and extra cuffs
    pens pencils paper
    1lb can of oc
    gloves
    first aid kit
    cc holster for changing out of uniform
    extra radio and battery

Other suggestions would work. I know its all personal preference but I would like to know what you all carry and what bag its in.

Thanks

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    In addition to the above...

A towel...for standing on the road, waiting for the wrecker or for traffic to clear when its 100 degrees out,to wipe off the sweat.

A couple of bottle of water...for scenarios like the above.

Alcohol based hand sanitizer...to wipe the blood off your hands and arms so that you don't get it all over your car.

Traffic Vest. Chartreuse colored. Ours have our Dept name on them. Since I wear black and grey I am invisible at nighttime. That vest has kept me alive more than once. Also to respond to emergency's when off duty. We are required to wear it then so we can be easily identified. It works well.

I've been using a Hatch Patrol bag for around 10 years. It probably weighs 50 pounds with everything in it.

A towel, to wipe puke off of you when you apprehend a drunk.

An extra knife.

A towel, for the little unexpected things.

Some disposable wipes are good for when you step in dog poo. Or some heathen spits on you right before he gets beaten to within an inch of his life.

Did I mention a towel?
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    In my patrol bag is common paperwork and other items needed for my job. It also contains some tools and items to make my shift more comfortable. It rides around on my front passenger seat and it rarely moves. Most of the stuff you mentioned is tucked away in my trunk vault, as it is very rarely needed. I still carry those items because when you need them, you need them.

My patrol bag is not to be confused with my BOB. That bag is for survival. It has spare mags, food, water and other items needed for survival. It is very portable. Because it had key items and is very easy to carry, it has saved my hide more than once. Ive been stuck on calls for
    Hours on end for lots of reasons. It was nice to know I wasn't going to starve, I was going to stay relatively warm, I always had a line of communication with other officers and ammo wasn't going to run out if the fight came my way.

Paper towels are awesome!
    Last edited by SIXTO; October 10th, 2013 at 12:07 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    My needs are a little different than yours, but I have a get-home bag that stays in my truck. It's a CamelBak Transformer - a smallish hydration pack with some modular sections that you can add or remove as needed.

I won't go into the full detailed list, but in general terms it contains:

2L water
    Energy bars
    Spare mags
    FAK geared towards "oh crap!" injuries
    Space blanket for a last-ditch shelter
    Rain jacket
    Work gloves
    Several ways to start a fire
    Spare batteries
    Leatherman tool
    SOG fixed-blade knife
    Pocket chainsaw
    Flashlight
    Compass
    Pen/Pencil/Notepad
    Zip ties
    Duct tape
    100ft of paracord
    GMRS/FRS radio
    30X monocular
    Dump pouch
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

HG -- good list.

Unfortunately your forgot towel

I'm not LEO but I suspect some of the same things I run into working construction (especially in the summer) apply here. Just not as easy for you folks to handle.

Easy for me to bring a clean t-shirt (doesn't need to match the "morning" shirt). I'm sure it is more difficult and more expensive to bring an extra uniform shirt.
    Sanitary hand cleaner.
    Bug spray.
    Clean socks.er in the day.
    Clean underwear (OK, optional, but nice to have in some situations)
    Change of temp clothes? I might dress in long short but bring short shirt for later in the day.

Again, I am not LEO -- just throwing in my 2 cents worth on changing clothes for the day. I know my situation is much easier.

I am lucky because my department provides a back up/go bag in the trunk of every patrol car that contains 5 extra magazines for our patrol rifle or 25 extra shotgun shells depending on which long gun is in which car, 4 extra magazines for our duty pistol, an emergency first aid kit, extra batteries for our EOTech sights, and a gas mask.

We also have in our trunks: a ballistic shield, riot helmet, entry tools (mini door ram, assorted pry bars), AED defibrillator, full first aid kit, less lethal shotgun, collapsable traffic cones, flares, road spikes.

In my patrol bag, a 511 Tactical patrol bag found here at a good price, 5.11 Patrol Ready Bag Black and OD 59012 FREE S&H 59012-019, 59012-188. 5.11 Tactical Carrying Bags. I carry an extra flash light (back up to full size flash light assigned to car), 2 extra pairs of handcuffs, a multi-tool, sunglasses, alco-sensor, binoculars, extra radio/scanner, and all necessary paperwork for any given shift.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Towel... yes. A can of Clorox wipes are priceless. They will get food, blood, vomeeet, and all sorts of other nasties out of your car and your clothing. They have disenfecting qualities also for those questionable fluids and cleaning your hands.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Unfortunately your forgot towel

I'm not LEO but I suspect some of the same things I run into working construction (especially in the summer) apply here. Just not as easy for you folks to handle.

Easy for me to bring a clean t-shirt (doesn't need to match the "morning" shirt). I'm sure it is more difficult and more expensive to bring an extra uniform shirt.
    Sanitary hand cleaner.
    Bug spray.
    Clean socks.er in the day.
    Clean underwear (OK, optional, but nice to have in some situations)
    Change of temp clothes? I might dress in long short but bring short shirt for later in the day.

Again, I am not LEO -- just throwing in my 2 cents worth on changing clothes for the day. I know my situation is much easier.
    That is a good thing. A change of clothes kinda goes without saying, but there is no need for it to be carried around. I keep a full set ready to go at the station just in case. The nice thing about uniformed LEO, is that even in the summer, you are dressed in layers. There have been many times that my uniform shirt gets ruined or just nastied up and I finish up in a T shirt. There is always at least a t shirt on under the uniform.
    In plain clothes, I do exactly as you described though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    Jason......
    MYCLENS <----- Absolute Necessity for LEOs
    Here is a link to their web site
    http://www.myclyns.com/enter.php

HEY!! I know .... I'll carry a towel!!!

This is helping a lot, maybe I should carry a duty bag and a survival bag.

This site is awesome .... always making me think.
    The members are awesome too... good ideas and not afraid to share... thanks everyone.

More is appreciated
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

VIP Member
    all agencies are different so that will affect what "personal" items are needed

in each vehicle TRUNK
    we are provided AED, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, gloves, flares, level IV vest
    personal: I carry riot helmet, penal code, disposable masks, duct tape, and my G30/2 spares in my bag in the trunk
    my box in the trunk has paperwork, camera, ID kit, traffic vest, raincoat
    my chest rig in trunk has 4 spare pistol mags, and will have 4 spare AR mags when I get to carry a rifle

my "box" in the front seat has some more commonly used paperwork, pens/pencils, pump bottle of hand sanitizer, clipboards, flashlights, extra set of cuffs, extra shotgun ammo, phone/flashlight chargers (car chargers), bottled water, gloves

binoculars sit in the middle of the shotgun/rifle rack

I recently added a med kit I purchased/made on my own with some items to supplement the basic first aid kit we have, and some items I hope I never have to use--active shooter situation or one of my brothers/sisters down and medics don't come in until its clear:
    bolin chest seal kit, gauze, quick clot sponges, tape, 3 tourniquets, CPR shields, emergency blanket, alcohol wipes, EMT shears, MyClyns spray (2), MyClyns disposable masks, instant cold pack, abdominal pads, antiseptic wash, more gloves
    its in a nice small bag that I keep in the front floorboard
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

For a survival bag, you might check over at EDCForums.com - The Front Page. A definite patrol bag and a definite survival bag should be separate. Make things much easier. Plus one thing you need for one may be one thing you dont need for the other.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

"Lifes an adventure... Bring your towel" - Douglas Addams

Really in any OSK (Oh SH*T kit), or BOB a towel is an indispensable item.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

"Don't forget to biing a towel"

-Towelie
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

VIP Member
    Baby wipes are a must!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links