Maxpedition Condor II

Maxpedition Condor II

This is a discussion on Maxpedition Condor II within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone carry a Maxpedition Condor II or Falcon II or actually any other Max back pack? How does it hold up when loaded. Any ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maxpedition Condor II

Maxpedition Condor II

Does anyone carry a Maxpedition Condor II or Falcon II or actually any other Max back pack? How does it hold up when loaded. Any issues with construction? Let me know. Thanks.

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

I have over a dozen Maxpedition products.

My Bug Out Bag/Go Bag is the Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II. It is built like a tank and was an excellent choice. I carry just about a 30 lb. load in it give or take a couple pounds and would handle more weight if I could fit more in it.

It is geared for a prolonged Bug Out / Emergency Evacuation and would handle any extreme challenge. It has compression straps to reduce tension on the zippers and would keep a majority of contents contained if I were to have a zipper failure.

I would have no problem using this pack in any climate on any Continent in any geographical location including a jungle/rain forest, desert or arctic. My kit is set up for survival on any trip to any Continent with the exception of Antarctica and that is because I won't be going there, and it simply isn't large enough to carry the required gear. However, short term survival in the Yukon or Alaska? No problem.

So far it's held up to everything I've thrown at it. I also have several of their pouches attached to the outside including the Triad Administration pouch, two 10 x 4 water bottle holders, and a 4 x 6 utility pouch, all by Maxpedition The only thing on it not made by Maxpedition is my map case which is made by Spec Ops gear.

I also have gear from Blackhawk, Eagle Industries, the Camelbak BFM pack and several other name brand equipment. Maxpedition is on par with all of the top manufacturers and better than some.

Maxpedition gear? Definitely gets a two thumbs up!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Nice, a big fan are you. I like spec ops gear too. My buddy is a spec ops rep. Good gear, kinda pricey. Thanks.

Jason

The Maxpedition is one of the gold standards of Go bag equipment. Look around there are deals to be had and you dont have to pay retail.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I am fortunate on the end pricing. I have dealer pricing available to me. I will definately be getting some of the gear.

Maxpedition makes a great product. I had the operator laptop back that I used as a messenger bag while I was in college. It carried all of my books that I needed for the day along with a great place to conceal my pistol without attracting attention.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Top quality stuff. I use a Gearslinger bag, well put together. Their small acceesories are exellent also.

I'm not too familiar with Maxpedition stuff, but should you choose to go with something else, check out the Spec Ops "The Pack"
    Amazon.com: T.H.E. Pack: Sports & Outdoors
    I have one of these. It has survived allot of field time, and a year in Iraq as my primary assualt pack carrying 50+ lbs of stuff at any given time.
    It will also fit under an airline seat fully loaded. I use it as my carry on when I travel.
    It's a little pricy, but you'll get your money's worth out of it.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

T.H.E. Pack is very nice. I have handled one in person and I just can't bring myself to spend that kinda cash on a pack. It well exceeds my price and use factors. BUT should I ever need a field back or need to carry a bag everyday for work that gets the crap beat out of it. I will buy one.

anyone carry the Fatboy versipack or the Jumbo versipack? I've been looking but don't want a full on backpack.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar

Mine is black, the USP is a little tight but it fits and draws nicely.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post

Mine is black, the USP is a little tight but it fits and draws nicely.
    I drive two company trucks and have two trucks of my own so I needed something to carry all my stuff from one to the other and I've got the same one in your photo .
    It carrys my GPS and power supply, sunglasses, extra ammo, and first aid kit. as well as anything else I may need .
    I love it.Maxpedition does make a great product.Go for it
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

My Bug Out Bag/Go Bag is the Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II. It is built like a tank and was an excellent choice. I carry just about a 30 lb. load in it give or take a couple pounds and would handle more weight if I could fit more in it.

It is geared for a prolonged Bug Out / Emergency Evacuation and would handle any extreme challenge. It has compression straps to reduce tension on the zippers and would keep a majority of contents contained if I were to have a zipper failure.

I would have no problem using this pack in any climate on any Continent in any geographical location including a jungle/rain forest, desert or arctic. My kit is set up for survival on any trip to any Continent with the exception of Antarctica and that is because I won't be going there, and it simply isn't large enough to carry the required gear. However, short term survival in the Yukon or Alaska? No problem.

So far it's held up to everything I've thrown at it. I also have several of their pouches attached to the outside including the Triad Administration pouch, two 10 x 4 water bottle holders, and a 4 x 6 utility pouch, all by Maxpedition The only thing on it not made by Maxpedition is my map case which is made by Spec Ops gear.

I also have gear from Blackhawk, Eagle Industries, the Camelbak BFM pack and several other name brand equipment. Maxpedition is on par with all of the top manufacturers and better than some.

Maxpedition gear? Definitely gets a two thumbs up!
    Oops... made mistake in my post. My BOB is a Maxpedition Falcon II and not the Pygmy Falcon II. Sorry about that.

I was planning on the Pygmy Falcon but in the end and at the last minute I went for the full size Falcon II.

Sorry about the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    anyone carry the Fatboy versipack or the Jumbo versipack? I've been looking but don't want a full on backpack.
    My wife carries the Fatboy Versipack almost daily. It's one of her favorites.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by AllAbtSlfDef View Post
    Does anyone carry a Maxpedition Condor II or Falcon II or actually any other Max back pack? How does it hold up when loaded. Any issues with construction? Let me know. Thanks.

Jason
    I have a jumbo S type. Holds up great. I have a spare water bottle holder carabined on to it with an extra max water bottle. I also carry a spare mag for my glock 21 in there. I carry a glock 21 in the gun compartment.

It works great! I use it for single day hunting fishing and hiking. I have had it for 2 years and have never had a problem with it and I carry a lot of crap in it. Around 20 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

My Bug Out Bag/Go Bag :
    Bark'n ,

I do not want to get this thread off topic but I am curious. Is your bug out bag always ready to go? Does it go with you every time you leave the house? What type of things are in it? Of course ignore any questions you do not want to answer.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links