Defensive Carry banner

Maxpedition Condor II

9K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  TheoryRealm 
#1 ·
Does anyone carry a Maxpedition Condor II or Falcon II or actually any other Max back pack? How does it hold up when loaded. Any issues with construction? Let me know. Thanks.

Jason

#2 ·
I have over a dozen Maxpedition products.

My Bug Out Bag/Go Bag is the Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II. It is built like a tank and was an excellent choice. I carry just about a 30 lb. load in it give or take a couple pounds and would handle more weight if I could fit more in it.

It is geared for a prolonged Bug Out / Emergency Evacuation and would handle any extreme challenge. It has compression straps to reduce tension on the zippers and would keep a majority of contents contained if I were to have a zipper failure.

I would have no problem using this pack in any climate on any Continent in any geographical location including a jungle/rain forest, desert or arctic. My kit is set up for survival on any trip to any Continent with the exception of Antarctica and that is because I won't be going there, and it simply isn't large enough to carry the required gear. However, short term survival in the Yukon or Alaska? No problem.

So far it's held up to everything I've thrown at it. I also have several of their pouches attached to the outside including the Triad Administration pouch, two 10 x 4 water bottle holders, and a 4 x 6 utility pouch, all by Maxpedition The only thing on it not made by Maxpedition is my map case which is made by Spec Ops gear.

I also have gear from Blackhawk, Eagle Industries, the Camelbak BFM pack and several other name brand equipment. Maxpedition is on par with all of the top manufacturers and better than some.

Maxpedition gear? Definitely gets a two thumbs up! :hand10: :hand10:

#13 ·
Oops... made mistake in my post. My BOB is a Maxpedition Falcon II and not the Pygmy Falcon II. Sorry about that.

I was planning on the Pygmy Falcon but in the end and at the last minute I went for the full size Falcon II.

Sorry about the mistake.

anyone carry the Fatboy versipack or the Jumbo versipack? I've been looking but don't want a full on backpack.
My wife carries the Fatboy Versipack almost daily. It's one of her favorites.

#4 ·
The Maxpedition is one of the gold standards of Go bag equipment. Look around there are deals to be had and you dont have to pay retail.

#6 ·
Maxpedition makes a great product. I had the operator laptop back that I used as a messenger bag while I was in college. It carried all of my books that I needed for the day along with a great place to conceal my pistol without attracting attention.

#7 ·
Top quality stuff. I use a Gearslinger bag, well put together. Their small acceesories are exellent also.

#8 ·
I'm not too familiar with Maxpedition stuff, but should you choose to go with something else, check out the Spec Ops "The Pack"
Amazon.com: T.H.E. Pack: Sports & Outdoors
I have one of these. It has survived allot of field time, and a year in Iraq as my primary assualt pack carrying 50+ lbs of stuff at any given time.
It will also fit under an airline seat fully loaded. I use it as my carry on when I travel.
It's a little pricy, but you'll get your money's worth out of it.

#9 ·
T.H.E. Pack is very nice. I have handled one in person and I just can't bring myself to spend that kinda cash on a pack. It well exceeds my price and use factors. BUT should I ever need a field back or need to carry a bag everyday for work that gets the crap beat out of it. I will buy one.

#10 ·
anyone carry the Fatboy versipack or the Jumbo versipack? I've been looking but don't want a full on backpack.

#12 ·
I drive two company trucks and have two trucks of my own so I needed something to carry all my stuff from one to the other and I've got the same one in your photo .
It carrys my GPS and power supply, sunglasses, extra ammo, and first aid kit. as well as anything else I may need .
I love it.Maxpedition does make a great product.Go for it:hand10:

#14 ·
I have a jumbo S type. Holds up great. I have a spare water bottle holder carabined on to it with an extra max water bottle. I also carry a spare mag for my glock 21 in there. I carry a glock 21 in the gun compartment.

It works great! I use it for single day hunting fishing and hiking. I have had it for 2 years and have never had a problem with it and I carry a lot of crap in it. Around 20 pounds.

#16 ·
I should point out this is not just a BOB, but it is an overall Emergency Go Bag. It goes with me in the truck daily and comes inside at night. It should handle any type of emergency situation whether I shelter in place at home or am stranded out on the road. It is also capable of long term excursions in a Bug Out situation.

There is a fair amount of redundancy built into the pack, however, it is geared to take care of 2 people. Be it my wife who would find it difficult to carry her own bag due to a permanent injury or if I am stranded in my vehicle with any traveling companions who may be along with me at the time of emergency. I also have a "major medical" first aid bag, which my wife could handle carrying which I use on the swat team in a true bug out situation. However I don't keep that kit with me daily like this bag.

While I haven't done a precision weighing of the pack, on my home bathroom scale, it tops out at 30 pounds. Not a typical 70 lbs combat load, but very doable for long distance travel on foot.

Also, you will note that each compartment on the pack is dedicated to certain types of items for easy access under stressful and adverse conditions.

Maxpedition Falcon II Backpack (laminated contents list stored in hydration pocket)

Mounted Externally On Pack
32 Oz Water Bottles (2): 1-Guyot Designs Stainless Steel (boiling water) & 1-Nalgene BPA free plastic
Maxpedition 10” X 4” Bottle Holders (2): Front pouches {Esbit Stove, Java Juice Coffee, Tea, Guyot Designs Microbites Utensils} – {Pak-Lite 9v.; Water Stabilizer, Katadyn Micropur tabs}
GSI Stainless Steel Cup 16 Oz. (stored in Maxpedition 10” X 4” Bottle Holder)
Wiley-X (model XL-1 light adjusting prescription sunglasses / safety goggles)
ACR Firefly Plus (strobe/flashlight combo) in front pouch of Maxpedition Bottle Holder
Ranger Beads, Fox 40 whistle, Compass & small Fire kit carried on small carabiner
RAT Survival/E&E Kit (Easy access kit for use w/o main pack in Maxpedition Four-by-Six pouch – add (1 pk) Stay Alert Gum, mini-flashlight, 32 oz water bag, Katadyn tabs, 10 ft. 550 cord, 15ft. mil spec 3/32 tether cord, Space Blanket (1), AMK Pocket Medic Mini-FAK)
Maxpedition Triad Admin Pouch - Sure Fire 6P, Fox OC Spray, Compass, Fresnel Lens
Spec Ops Brand Map Case (Various City, State, County, Topo maps & UTM Plotter)
Exped MultiMat Sleeping Pad by Outdoor Research
Maxpedition Triple Mag Holder; Universal CCW Holster & single cal. cleaning kit (concealed inside hydration pocket)

Pack Compartment 1 (Misc. Quick Grab Items)
Mini- Binoculars
Fenix MC-10 Angle Head Flashlight (125 lumen – 50 lumen – 5 lumen – SOS - Strobe)
Smith Knife Sharpener (ceramic, carbide, diamond combo)
Leatherman Surge multi-tool & Pocket Widgy 4” Pry Bar
Energizer Headlight – 60 lumen
Knot Tying Cards

Pack Compartment 2 (First Aid)
AMK Ultralight .9 FAK with add-ons (Dental Kit, Suture Kit, CAT Tourniquet, Water Jel Burn Dressings (3) & Burn Gel 5 unit dose pkg., Poison Ivy & Insect Sting Kit, (3) 30 ml Irrigating Saline Vials)
OTC Meds Kit, Electrolytes, Lotrimin anti-fungal, Albuterol MDI, Alka Seltzer, Betadine Sol.
Chest Decompression Needle & Asherman Chest Seal
Nasal Airway, 28 fr. & water based lube
Nail Clippers
Ear Plugs in case (attach to keyper)

Pack Compartment 3 (Survival)
Rite In The Rain notepad w/ Space Pen & Pencil (In nylon case)
Repel 100 - 100% Deet Insect Repellant
Sunscreen 30 + SPF
Lip Balm (Carmex – leak proof tube)
Stay Alert Caffeine Gum (2 packs)
Toilet Paper & Colegate Wisp mini brushes w/ paste (8), Floss, Hand Sanitizer in Ziploc bag
Glass Signal Mirror (stored in pocket behind Rite In The Rain notebook)
Cyalume or AmeriGlow Chem Lights (2 or 3)
Best Glide Brand Survival Fishing Kit
2 sets of Military Speed HooksTM (stored in notebook case w/ notepad for protection)
Compact Gill Net (12' x 4')
Game Snares (16)
Space Blankets (2)
MIOX Water Purification device
Fire Kit*
Compass (spare)

Pack Compartment 4 - Main Compartment (Camping Gear & Misc. Survival)
SAS Survival Handbook (in Ziploc bag)
Compact AM,FM, Short Wave radio, Ext. 9 ft. Anntena, Duct Tape, Scotch Super 88 Elec. Tape (in Ziploc bag)
Tri-lens Magnifier 5x-10x-15x (for close inspection of wounds, plants, etc. and fire starting)
Equinox Ultralite Sil Nylon Poncho/Shelter
Equinox Ultralite 6' X 8' Sil Nylon Tarp
Paracord, Type III, seven strand (100')
Tether Cord, Mil-Spec 3/32" (100')
Work Gloves - Ironclad
Bahco Laplander Folding Saw
U-Dig-It Backpacker Trowel
Meals, instant & quick fix (1 ea., Mountainhouse, Mainstay Ration)
Nalgene Bottle (16 oz) Rice & Chicken Bullion premix
Nalgene Bottle (16 oz) Cream of Wheat w/ Brown Sugar premix
Teriyaki Beef Jerky Chunks to mix w/ Rice
Cliff Bars or Power Bars, Centrum Vitamins
(2) 32 oz. Compact Water Bags & Coffee Filters
Boxers, Socks & Bandana's in Ziploc bag (2 each), Boonie Hat, Mosquito Net
Spare Batteries: (6) CR-123; (8) AA lithium; (1) 9V lithum for flashlights & SW radio)
SOG Seal Pup Fixed Blade (Upgrade to RAT Cutlery - RC 3 & RC 5 fixed blade knives)

Hidden Hydration Bladder Pouch
Universal CCW holster for pistol
Triple mag holder for spare magazines
Single caliber gun cleaning kit
Laminated check off list of pack contents (so I have something to go by for resupply)
(I don't keep a hydration bladder in this bag. I have 5 camelbaks for independent use as needed.)

*Fire Kit has 4 independent ways of starting fire. (Fire Steel, Lifeboat Matches, Peanut Lighter, Spark-Lite, Tender-Quick , Wet Fire Tinder, Fat Wood, BCB Tinder Card & Magnesium Rod, Zippo Fuel)

#19 ·
We have several Fatboy Versipacks and Falcon II packs. They are great packs! Construction is absolutely bombproof. My husband's Versipack flew off the truck when we hunted in Zimbabwe (going about 70mph down the highway) and it sustained hardly a scratch. The binoculars and rangefinders inside were untouched. The packs are well thought out for organizing gear. +1 on maxped stuff!

Reactions: Bark'n
#21 ·
I have the Malinga... perfect size for carrying all of the day's needs and then some. Very strong and easy to carry. :yup:

#26 ·
Thumper, do you carry a BUG in that bag, and if so, how hard is it to get to when wearing the pack? Im waffling between the Fatboy, Jumbo EDC/LEO, or maybe this one now. :smoke23:

#22 ·
Thanks all for the input, I think I'll do some price shopping online and pick up the fatboy, see how that works out for a daily and may pick up a larger one at a later date.

#23 ·
I GOT IT!!! I GOT MY CONDOR II!! My wife bought it for me for our anniversary. I have been carrying it about 2 days and already REALLY like it. I have my bag set up pretty good so far, need to add a couple things but so far so good. I will post pics soon.

#27 ·
I have a condor II I purchased to replace a different pack that my dog chewed the straps up. It is built very well and carries very well. Straps and pouches are very stiff when new. I'll buy more of their products as needed.

#28 ·
I have and use the Condor II quite a bit...particularly fall season. It's my 3 day/weekender pack. I also attach the Proteus Versipack with emergency/minimal gear(misc bug out stuff stuffed into a 32oz nalgene bottle, etc...)to it with Grimlocks to the molle webbing. That way I have a wee bit of extra space on the Condor II and if I don't need everything(like I've already made camp for the day and I just want to scout around), then I can just disconnect the versipack that has the emergency/essentials from the grimlocks and it turns into a waist pack.

I did have one initial problem with the Condor II with the molle webbing on the back basically ripping loose on the threads with not much load, but a quick call and they replaced the whole pack outright. Seems that first one was just a fluke. The new one has been great. I also put a Camelbak Omega Hydrolink reservoir in the reservoir slot and it works well.

#29 ·
Bark'n,

Good gearlist man!

Gonna' add a few things from your list to my bag:
-Compact Gill Net (12' x 4')
-Stay Alert Caffeine Gum (2 packs)
-Vitamins (THIS is a great idea, and I can't believe I didn't have this--When the body/brain gets weak without food, then having these nutrients and such could go a long way in helping!)

Being a former Corpsman, I have a buttload of "meds/medical supplies" in mine as well....:bier:

Reactions: Bark'n
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.