Glock 23 22lr conversion kit...anyone?

This is a discussion on Glock 23 22lr conversion kit...anyone? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello my fellow defensive carriers. I am in the market to buying a 22lr conversion kit for my Glock 23, however; I cannot seem to ...

Thread: Glock 23 22lr conversion kit...anyone?

Glock 23 22lr conversion kit...anyone?

Hello my fellow defensive carriers. I am in the market to buying a 22lr conversion kit for my Glock 23, however; I cannot seem to find one. The popular Advantage Arms version does not seem to be available. Everywhere I go, they are in back order or out of stock. I looked into one by Ciener but I am reluctant to buy from him as I have heard some horror stories advising me not to give that guy any money. I have even gone to the Advantage Arm website and they are now saying that the conversion kit is not longer available through them...I would have to go to one of their dealers. i looked up one of their dealers here in South Texas and found one in McAllen. I called 'Guns and Things' and it turns out that they do not answer their phone...they have an answering service because they are not a store front. I left a message to have them call me back but you would never guess what.....THEY NEVER CALLED BACK. Hmmmm, why does that not surprise me. Well anyway...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Advantage arms would be the way to go if you can find one. I have yet to find one of their dealers that actually had any in stock or would even take an order for one. Wierd.

I have one for my G21 that is excellent. Actually, I got it directly from AA's website 18 months ago and it shipped within 48 hours. Every one else I have talked to seems to have had a hard time with them.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I heard that AA was getting out of the business because Glock is about to come out with a 22 of their own. Has anyone else heard this?

I've heard that to get the AA kit it's order it direct and wait 14 months, but that the wait was worth it.

Hello everyone, I recently found a website that is dedicated to giving consumers information about he malpractices of Jonathan Arthure Ciener Inc. I had heard some small talk regarding negative feedback from this company but I never really knew the extent until I found the website http://donotbuyciener22lrconversions.org/. I have to say I am glad i did some research cuz i could have been out a few hundered dollars. Spread the word guys....DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.
    Last edited by joeyrh9; May 6th, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Stick with Advantage Arms. They can be found. Mine works great (for G30). Son picked it up at a gun store in VA. [Norfolk area] He sold his conversion kit made by another name.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Stick with Advantage Arms. They can be found. Mine works great (for G30). Son picked it up at a gun store in VA. [Norfolk area] He sold his conversion kit made by another name.
    I am just guessing here, but considering your G30 and my G21 are both .45acp I think they may be easier to find than the 9mm and 40s&w. Obviously the .45's are a minority in Glock sales so there are far more people looking for kits for 17/22 and 19/23 frames. Still it seems odd that the "dealers" here in Michigan won't even back order them.

Strange business attitude.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Check out the new glock conversion kit from Tactical Solutions. I checked it out at SHOT and it looks great. (I have their 1911 conversion kit and it's the best one I have used.)
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Links