Finally ordered a "Tacticool" light for EDC.

This is a discussion on Finally ordered a "Tacticool" light for EDC. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Blackhawk Gladius Saw it on closeout a while ago for over $100 under MSRP, then saw the drop the price on it again, so I ...

Thread: Finally ordered a "Tacticool" light for EDC.

Blackhawk Gladius

Saw it on closeout a while ago for over $100 under MSRP, then saw the drop the price on it again, so I figured I ought to get one before it was gone.

Should be brighter than my current brightest D cell, close to if not the smallest package, and will be my first with the strobe feature.

The big thing was having the momentary tail cap in a pen/mini mag sized light, while I have one that meets this requirement it's about 25 lumens bright and it only of any use at close range in total darkness, has applications just not self defense.

I'm intrigued by the strobe feature, I'll be curious to see how effective it is.

I'll post a review after it arrives, info on it seems spare but from what I read it was 99% positive.

Glock Certified Armorer

Finally arrived, fit's in the pocket just fine, I love having the momentary or constant light option and it's brighter than all my pocket sized lights and slightly out does the weaker of my 4D cell LED maglights, but I don't think it's quite big enough to be a tuck under the arm light. All in all I'm decently impress just out of the box, we'll see how that holds up after a few weeks of use.

Glock Certified Armorer

congrads on ur new light, its a good light

do u do some type of patrol?

Nice looking light, but I see it's rated at 120 lumens, which is OK, but not all that bright.

I have bought a few EDC lights myself recently. Of the four shown, my EDC is the Quark 123*2 Tactical. Very compact, yet wonderfully bright.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    congrads on ur new light, its a good light

do u do some type of patrol?
    Nope, not at least until I'm done with school and go through an application process.

But I do plan on this being an EDC light and giving it a complete test. And I use the $20 light often enough that justifying the proper tool was pretty easy, esp when night sights are only half the picture.

Glock Certified Armorer

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Nice looking light, but I see it's rated at 120 lumens, which is OK, but not all that bright.

I have bought a few EDC lights myself recently. Of the four shown, my EDC is the Quark 123*2 Tactical. Very compact, yet wonderfully bright.

-
    Don't get caught up in the more lumens is everything idea. I've seen some underpowered lights that had a more useful beam than some 200+ lumen lights.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Now, go out and get another. You gotta have a spare
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

the quark R5 123x2 tactical verison is a great light and you should look in to it as a back up or edc or days off kinda light, its slimmer and has a very nice clip to clip to your pockets.

the tactial verison is programable. so you have two outputs ready to use. you can have the highest setting 230 lumens, as a primary, seraching a yard or out doors, and have the 85 lumens as secondary for searching inside house and so u wont blind ur self.

or u can have the 230 as primary, and strobe as secondary

or you can have 230 as primary and 22 lumens as secondary for writing tickets, checking id. etc.

or any combo u want, u pick the settings.

u might love this light so much that the gladius will just stay at home as ur night stand light lol

good luck on ur application!

Looks cool!

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Now, go out and get another. You gotta have a spare
    Definitely. Nothing says "I'm a vigilante" like a guy walking around with a primary gun, a backup gun, a tertiary firearm as the backup to the backup gun, a tactical folding knife with a plain edge for self-defense, a tactical folding knife with a serrated edge for cutting boxes, a fixed blade in a holster for weapon retention, and ... of course ... two flashlights on the belt in kydex.
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

Links