Do You carry a flashlight - Page 4

Do You carry a flashlight

This is a discussion on Do You carry a flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a surefire G2 flashlight on a black lanyard around my neck & under my shirt, for a quick access if needed....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I carry a surefire G2 flashlight on a black lanyard around my neck & under my shirt, for a quick access if needed.

I carry a Quark 123 from 4Sevens every day!
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

1X AAA on my key ring!

Either the Martac or the Fenix LD01. Simple to use, 80 or so lumens, and I don't even think about it being on my key ring until I need it.

Why wouldn't you carry one of these little lights?

I've thought about buying one of the Martac AA models but can't see a reason to do it. The AAA is just about my favorite light.

I always put Energizer Lithium batteries in these lights and they've never let me down.
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

I carry a flashlight every day. Usually, it is a Surefire E2E, carried in a Brommeland pouch that also carries a spare mag. Sometimes, I carry an old Surefire 6P, in a Rosen mag/flash pouch. If I'm not carrying a mag/flash pouch, such as when I'm carrying my Desbiens Badger Reload or a twin mag pouch, my flashlight will be in a jacket pocket, or if I'm really dressed-down, I'll have a baby Surefire in a pants pocket. I find that I use a flashlight and a knife pretty much every day for something, while I rarely have to shoot anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by shooter380 View Post
    man purse

Don't do it, get smaller stuff.

VIP Member
    Surefire E1E, E2E, G2, and/or Z2, depending on what I'm doing. Long guns have lights (for the most part) as well. I also have one of those little "pinch light" LEDs handy all the time as well...

At some point, I plan to move more towards LEDs and (possibly) strobes, but considering the $$$ I have invested already, I'm not buying anything new until something I have wears out or (much more likely!) I lose it...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Best light ever...I love this like, and it runs on AAs and not 123As.

NovaTac Classic, Black Aluminum Body, LED

SureFire Backup. Same as OP. Silly me, but I only seem to carry it if Ill be carrying at night.

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    Silly me, but I only seem to carry it if Ill be carrying at night.
    Not quite sure of your intent with that statement, but it is to say that you don't need to carry in the "day" time, I must strongly disagree.

One, you never know where the day may take you. It may, indeed, take you into the night...

Two, power is not magic - it can and does fail, and it can fail anywhere at any time.

Three, the whole world isn't lit up. There are always dark spaces, and somehow things that you want or need seem to end up falling into those spaces... I've used a flashlight any number of times to find keys, pens, whatevers that have rolled under desks, fallen behind furniture, you name it...

A flashlight is an extremely useful tool - carry one whenever you possibly can.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Ever notice any windows in the back of a Wal-Mart? Ever wonder how dark it would be there if the power was out? And no, they do not all have backup generators, as folks learned the hard way up in southwest Oklahoma last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Surefire E1E, E2E, G2, and/or Z2, depending on what I'm doing. Long guns have lights (for the most part) as well. I also have one of those little "pinch light" LEDs handy all the time as well...

At some point, I plan to move more towards LEDs and (possibly) strobes, but considering the $$$ I have invested already, I'm not buying anything new until something I have wears out or (much more likely!) I lose it...
    Just FYI, most of the LED's don't kick out any IR light so you can't filter it and use them with NODS...learn from my mistakes....

D.S. Sealed Mindset, Director of Training
    www.sealedmindset.com

Streamlight Stylus Pro carried in shirt pocket. Very reliable
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Coast 4 Lensor me

I like the Coast model 7438 purchased at Lowes for $41. It has a focus ring for beam adjustment and will light up a pitch black room. Another big plus is it will run for 20+ hours on three AAA batteries! I like it so much I keep one in both cars, my motorcycle and gun bag. Lots of brightness (102 Lumens) for the buck.
    Glock 32 & 27
    Kimber Ultra & Crimson
    Ruger SR9c
    Kahr PM9
    Sig P238

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DS99 View Post
    Just FYI, most of the LED's don't kick out any IR light so you can't filter it and use them with NODS...learn from my mistakes....

D.S. Sealed Mindset, Director of Training
    www.sealedmindset.com
    Yeah, roger that. I wouldn't put LED on any weapon lights, but since my access to NODs is more limited these days I think they'd be ok for daily use. Thanks for the reminder, though!

I carry one of these, in my weak side front pocket:

I carry this one sometimes:

I upgraded the Surefire to the 80 lumen LED, and I like it a lot
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links