Do You carry a flashlight

This is a discussion on Do You carry a flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And if you do then how do you carry? Do you just drop it in your pocket is it on you belt in some fashion? ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You carry a flashlight

Do You carry a flashlight

And if you do then how do you carry? Do you just drop it in your pocket is it on you belt in some fashion? I am looking for ideas and am interested in what other have tried and found useful.

Thanks for your replies.

2. Remove Ads

Did tonight while out...I generally do when going out at night.

Inside of the offhand front pocket to the outer left corner...Or at the belt offhand just forward of the off hand sidebelt loop.

Surefire E1B 'Backup'
    Surefire E1B Backup® LED Flashlight

Image source- SureFire E1B Backup (Black Body) Ultra Compact Dual Output LED Flashlight 80 Max Lumens - Knifecenter.com

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

When at work in a suit and tie...it is a Streamlight Stylus Pro or Microstream, in the back pocket, due to their compactness, and lack of sharp edges. When off duty it is a Surefire E1L, which has some aggressive knurling and sharp corners for various tactical applications. I did carry it in my back pocket of jeans until it started wearing holes in my jeans. Now I carry my phone on my belt and my Surefire in the weakside front pocket. Two things you should never be with out...a flashlight and a good knife.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I carry three at work, one at home: a SureFire knockoff clipped in front weakside pocket (like folks carry a knife), and a singe AA and a flat keyring flashlight around my neck with my employee badge.

Sure, it's overkill, but I like having a BUL... or two...

VIP Member
    I carry an el-cheapo similar to the one Janq showed, but I also like to keep a larger (also el -cheapo) handy as a SD weapon, not just as a light. The one I have is about 1 inch in diameter, maybe a tad wider (holds AAs) and about 8 inches long. It is made of some sort of aluminum/steel alloy???? who knows-- made in China.

You can get a lot of compliance, do a lot of blocking and striking if you know how to use it.

I always carry one. I have ceased to be surprised at how often I use it even in the daytime. Yes, I use it for other than self-defense issues.

It's a cheap one carried in a small belt pouch usually near my off-hand, unless that area is too busy. Then it goes up near my buckle.

Yes...I have a Surefire Nitrolon I drop in my pocket
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I have a LED about 1/2 the size of a pencil, runs on 1 AAA, it is very powerful (90 lumens) but only lasts 15 to 30 minutes.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Yep. A Fenix LD 10 everyday.
    SCGunLover1

Fenix PD20. Nice and small. goes in the pocket but has a little tassle that hangs outa the pocket so i can grab it very quickly. has mulitple brightness levels. the highest of which is REALLY bright. and has strobe and SOS mode. I love it.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

I've carried a flashlight daily for years. Obviously they change as things get lost or trying out new stuff.

At work I carry a Fenix LD20 in a weakside pants pocket designed for a flashlight or knife. I also carry a Streamlight Microstream in my shirt pocket as a back up and for checking pupils.

Off duty, I've been carrying the Fenix LD20. It's still new, only a couple months but so far I'm really liking it both for on duty and off. Occasionally I'll also carry a Surefire 6P as a back up light while off duty.

I will say that my Fenix LD20 which is about the length of a ball point pen and uses two AA batteries was twice as bright as the Streamlight rechargable Stinger the Sheriff's deputy was using while on a call the other night.

Of course I don't know how much use had been on the the deputies flashlight since the last charge, but I'm assuming it was near a full charge since they have in car chargers in the patrol car.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thanks. Very interesting that almost all replies thus far are from distinguished and VIP members.

Thanks for all replies.

I have a streamlight microstream that I carry everyday and it is by far the most used item of my EDC gear. I never realiszed how useful a light was until I started carrying one.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    uniquefire cree led...220 lumens...6 modes with a strobe thatll knock your socks off...3 brightness settings do a great job of saving single aa battery life for general use....pocket carry...without lanyard...
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    in a black nylon Blackhawk double mag holder.
    light in one pouch, either a spare mag or Gerber multi-tool in the other.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links