Defensive Carry banner

Tactical Pants

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  chains1240 
#1 ·
I am required to buy a few pairs of tactical pants for my upcoming training. I am clueless as to the differences between the manufacturers. I can get BlackHawk and 5.11 for the same price. Are there any advantages of one brand over the other? Also, is there an online store that sells them for less than $40? Thank you.

#2 ·
Try LA Police Gear LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk for good prices.

The 5.11 tactical lightweight pants are nice but rustle a lot as you move (bad if stealth is required).

The LA Police Gear line of "operator tactical" pants are good -- and cheap! I've got a couple of pairs of these ($19 ea) LA Police Gear Elastic Waistband Operator Pant Basic Version The Sierra color is not brown (as shown on the website) but a dark olive-grey. They look so classy that my wife had me order her a pair.

#4 ·
Thank you for the link. I actually read it before I posted but I re-read it just now. Looks like BlackHawk has my vote as of right now. I have to buy 4 pairs of the pants. $160 free shipping from one source.

#5 ·
I was informed today that tactical pants are not required for the academy. Only khaki colored pants. My wife found Dickie's Cargo Pants on clearance at Wally World for $11 a pair. Certainly not as cool as the tactical plants but will work just as well. Only need the two cargo pockets to hold my cap, shooting glasses, note pad and pen.

#6 ·
Once you move on to "professional" Tac Pants...look at the Woolrich Elite Tactical line. They seem to be a little more generously cut than the 5.11 line.

#7 ·
Went to Wally World today and purchased 4 pair of Dickie's Cargo pants for $9 a pair. Friend's wife is hemming two pair so they are the correct length. So grand total I spent $36 for 4 pair instead of $40 for one pair. The BlackHawk pants are super sweet, but not necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.