Tactical Pants

This is a discussion on Tactical Pants within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am required to buy a few pairs of tactical pants for my upcoming training. I am clueless as to the differences between the manufacturers. ...

Thread: Tactical Pants

Question Tactical Pants

I am required to buy a few pairs of tactical pants for my upcoming training. I am clueless as to the differences between the manufacturers. I can get BlackHawk and 5.11 for the same price. Are there any advantages of one brand over the other? Also, is there an online store that sells them for less than $40? Thank you.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

2. Remove Ads

Try LA Police Gear LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk for good prices.

The 5.11 tactical lightweight pants are nice but rustle a lot as you move (bad if stealth is required).

The LA Police Gear line of "operator tactical" pants are good -- and cheap! I've got a couple of pairs of these ($19 ea) LA Police Gear Elastic Waistband Operator Pant Basic Version The Sierra color is not brown (as shown on the website) but a dark olive-grey. They look so classy that my wife had me order her a pair.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

The Ultimate Guide to Tactical Pants

There was a thread about that link somewhere around here yesterday, glad I bookmarked it! Enjoy!

Thank you for the link. I actually read it before I posted but I re-read it just now. Looks like BlackHawk has my vote as of right now. I have to buy 4 pairs of the pants. $160 free shipping from one source.

I was informed today that tactical pants are not required for the academy. Only khaki colored pants. My wife found Dickie's Cargo Pants on clearance at Wally World for $11 a pair. Certainly not as cool as the tactical plants but will work just as well. Only need the two cargo pockets to hold my cap, shooting glasses, note pad and pen.

Once you move on to "professional" Tac Pants...look at the Woolrich Elite Tactical line. They seem to be a little more generously cut than the 5.11 line.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Went to Wally World today and purchased 4 pair of Dickie's Cargo pants for $9 a pair. Friend's wife is hemming two pair so they are the correct length. So grand total I spent $36 for 4 pair instead of $40 for one pair. The BlackHawk pants are super sweet, but not necessary.

Links