Temporary economic decline edc.

This is a discussion on Temporary economic decline edc. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tough economic times calls for recessionistas. found this 2 gems from wally world for about $35. gerber is @ $29.99 and the energizer 1w led ...

Thread: Temporary economic decline edc.

Temporary economic decline edc.

Tough economic times calls for recessionistas. found this 2 gems from wally world for about $35. gerber is @ $29.99 and the energizer 1w led is @ $14.99 Both are great for EDC.
    pls share some of your less expensive edc during this tough times.
    thanks!
    Attached Images
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

2. Remove Ads

Spyderco Tenacious from Amazon for $32.00. Lot of bang for the buck.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Gun show knives $5 for some really cheap and sharp carry options. I've got a few that have lasted me several years and are sharp as........to this day. Keep in mind that most of my knives are used to cut things and not carried for defensive purposes. Options are always good though.

I use the gerber knife myself. Very happy with it.

SGT
    Spyderco Tenacious is my EDC all purpose knife: big bang for the buck. I like the combo blade as it can do just about anything put to it. Ka-Bar TDI is the new BUK which I've found quite comfortable to carry weak side.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I use the gerber knife myself. Very happy with it.
    Paraframe? I've got one as well, and like it a lot! Like to hit on the thread title a bit more, and
    Temporary economic decline edc
    Personally, I don't think it's temporary. I'm no guru, but I can see where it's headed. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all in all, I figure it's something you know already and just haven't come to terms with. Economic decline............vote democrat again and we're all done for. My bad for mixing politics with economic decline. May God save us all.

Ram Rod: Not sure what it's called. It's the same as OP's knife and I think it's great. Right on as far as our economic condition goes. Gold and silver are good things to have right now, along with the knives of course. I'm sure we will turn around sooner or later, though I certainly hope it is sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by can2boy View Post
    Tough economic times calls for recessionistas. found this 2 gems from wally world for about $35. gerber is @ $29.99 and the energizer 1w led is @ $14.99 Both are great for EDC.
    pls share some of your less expensive edc during this tough times.
    thanks!
    I used to carry that same Gerber every day... I bought a nice Kershaw, but I miss the size of the Gerber. I've had two, the first was lost after working on a girl's car. Missed it a lot, so I bought another at WW. Excellent knife, especially for the price.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Ram Rod: Not sure what it's called. It's the same as OP's knife and I think it's great. Right on as far as our economic condition goes. Gold and silver are good things to have right now, along with the knives of course. I'm sure we will turn around sooner or later, though I certainly hope it is sooner.
    I think its a Valloton or some similar F.A.S.T. knife. I have a Vallaton. It's a great utility knife. I wouldn't personally like it as a defensive weapon, but good for everything else. I got mine for $20 in a mil clothing sales.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Last edited by Paymeister; May 31st, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    wow! are those real prices???? have you ordered from them......looks 2 good 2 be true....how's the qualities of the knives?
    thanks in advance for posting the website!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I've purchased flashlights and one knife from these folks. I don't know about all of their stuff, but some of their items appear to be similar to or knockoffs of more expensive products.

Legally I do not know the status of purchasing such an item for one's own use, especially as they're not marketed as the original (I was surprised to see a familiar trademark when it arrived). The one I've inspected carefully was obviously not the real thing (even casual inspection by one who knows the product inspiring the copy suffices). And there may be a town in China with the same name as the American manufacturer, so they may have a loophole. But if one obliterates any markings which could be misconceived, and doesn't try to pass it off as something it's not? I do know that years ago Asahi Pendtax cameras were allowed through customs if the Pentax name was obliterated, and Honeywell had the license for this country.

I certainly do not intend to advocate illegal actions (=you're on your own to determine if an item is a knockoff, whether to order if you think it is, and what to do if it arrives with false markings). I am absolutely convinced that buying a knockoff with a false label and selling it as if it were the real thing would be prohibited - don't do it.

From an ethical standpoint, I *do* know that the folks making $200 knives most definitely did not lose a sale in this, as in no way I could afford their excellent products. I also do not misrepresent these as being the original, and take every opportunity to encourage those who CAN afford the good stuff to go ahead and get it.

The items I have purchased from Deal Extreme have been of mixed quality: I had one flashlight that was hard to keep on (needed better contact between barrel and tailcap, one that broke when I dropped it, and one that has been excellent. The one knife I have has a great heft and assembly, but the clip is a bit loose (might be fixable if I had the right tool).

My thought is that my gamble at these prices won't break me if I get a loser once in awhile.
    Last edited by Paymeister; May 31st, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

^^^^^^thanks paymeister.

Links