Blackhawk rant

Blackhawk rant

This is a discussion on Blackhawk rant within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mods please move if posted in wrong forum. I had a horrible experience with Blackhawk this past week.. On 05/27 before 2pm Ive placed an ...

Thread: Blackhawk rant

Blackhawk rant

Mods please move if posted in wrong forum.

I had a horrible experience with Blackhawk this past week..

On 05/27 before 2pm Ive placed an order for serpa cqc holster and 2-single mag double row cqc mag pouches on blackhawk.com and paid for fedex second day delivery and on 06/01 received just the holster. Called blackhawk customer service and was informed that mag pouches were backordered so I asked if they had anything similar in stock and was informed they do, only difference would be carbon fiber finish instead of plain black. I told them to go ahead and ship me those and was charged 2nd day delivery again. On 06/03 received the mag pouches.. Wrong ones and it turns out those are $30 more than the ones wanted!! Called Blackhawk again, they apologized and told me it will take 2 weeks for them to refund the money they charged me for items they wrongly sent me and I was told correct items will be shipped to me that day(06/03) which is good because i was going to used them for my qualification that weekend. I was charged for correct mag pouches+ second day shipping AGAIN and 4 days later Im still waiting... I wont buy another Blackhawk product ever again.

I like their stuff, but never, ever buy from their site. It's almost always cheaper and faster to get it from a third party like amazon or one of the other mil gear sellers.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Quote Originally Posted by MSteve View Post
    but never, ever buy from their site.
    I agree 100%. I have a black hawk SERPA II CQC comes with the belt and the paddle attachments and the "speed cut" in the front. Got that in flat black and ended up having to get a carbon fiber mag holder because I couldnt find the flat black and I was NOT ordering from blackhawk. ALL told cost me $50 or $60 BRAND NEW for everything, got it all from the gun shop I do most of my business with.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Im out of over $60 just in shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by MSteve View Post
    I like their stuff, but never, ever buy from their site. It's almost always cheaper and faster to get it from a third party like amazon or one of the other mil gear sellers.
    Or a LGS if possible.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I bought a Blackhawk product through their website a few months ago. Long story short, on a cheap sale item, it showed up and I felt it had been misrepresented and not enough info disclosed on the site. I'd have not bought this particular item if I'd been in a store and physically holding it...not to mention the sizing was a bit wacky.

I called customer service to see if they would offer a solution. They did not, initially. They wanted me to pay shipping back to them...then back to me...the shipping costs, including the original order, would have exceeded the cost of the item by quite a bit. I sent an email (lengthy, but professional & polite) following my failed CS phone call. They replied with a very nice email offering to make it right. They sent the replacement product immediately, and also sent a shipping label for me to return the other. FWIW....they really redeemed themselves, for a cheap item too. I would email them, explain the issue, I'd like to think they will make it right. Good luck.

Thanks Snow man. I did email them this morning explaining the whole thing and so far havent received an email from them. I'll keep you guys posted.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I always buy from a dealer not the site
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

NEVER buy from their site. NEVER.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Great gear...but like others, I buy from other sites...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Sponsored Links