Need Case ideas for if hurricane comes

This is a discussion on Need Case ideas for if hurricane comes within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need to find a case that I can pack all my guns into incase a hurricane comes. 9 guns all together 4 long guns ...

Thread: Need Case ideas for if hurricane comes

Need Case ideas for if hurricane comes

I need to find a case that I can pack all my guns into incase a hurricane comes. 9 guns all together 4 long guns and 5 handguns (pretty crazy since I just started buying about 2 years ago).

Here is a list:

AR15
    Marlin 30-30
    Maverick 88
    Ruger 10-22
    H&K P2000
    Walther PPS
    Ruger LCP
    Taurus Model 85

I would prefer something water proof/resistant. I am in the Coast Guard and would most likely have to evacuate my area so something mobile would be best.

I'm looking for some other namebrands to compare to Pelican. I have some of their cases, but they are pricey. If anyones knows of some quality cases like that please let me know of their names so I can research them.

Thanks.
    "Common sense is not so common. Voltaire

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Check out surplus stores for ammo and munitions cases, there are many sizes available and most are waterproof.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Administrator
    Search Ebay for the following in seperate searches:

seeline

Dry Pak

ABR Waterproof

Waterproof secure gun/ pistol ammunition safe storage

Waterproof Kayak Gear Bags, Dry Storage Bags, Dry Bags

I would check out Hardigg Military Cases. They are also the manufacturer of Storm Case which is Pelican's immediate competitor. However it really doesn't matter now as according to the website, Pelican just acquired Hardigg Industries.

For what it's worth, I have a few Pelican cases for my AR-15 and several other guns. If you ever have to evacuate during any kind of major emergency, things will get thrown around and abused in the chaos. These cases will be worth the investment in my opinion. If you're a Coastie, then you know the value of bomb proof, weather proof equipment cases.

If you don't want to get custom foam inserts for the case, you could probably put each gun in a padded soft case and the put them all inside the large Mobile Master 24 at the bottom.

For your arsenal, I would recommend one of these two cases below, from Hardigg.

Specifically the MK-19 Grenade Launcher case size 52" x 18" x 18.5" you can see here. It should be large enough.
    (MK-19 Case)

Or, the Mobile Master 24 you can find here. 51.6" x 27.4" x 23.4" with 13.6 cubic feet of space.
    (Mobile Master 24 Case)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by cuban11182 View Post
    I need to find a case that I can pack all my guns into incase a hurricane comes.
    Decent, well-made cases can be quite expensive. Particularly if you want them waterproof, drop/crush proof, shatter proof, etc. The Hardigg/Pelican choices seem to be some of the most durable available.

For far less expensive options, consider relaxing some criteria and instead search for "shipping" cases. You can occasionally find quite reasonably priced choices, given the variety of unbreakable things that need to be shipped.

Here are two search tools, to help:

Cases by Source, Inc.

Fuerte Cases, linked to one of the more affordable options that I've found for a larger case.

A good mix of durability with size at a reasonable price (for the features) might be the Hardigg ProRack Shipping cases.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Here's a Pelican 1740 Weapon Case (41"x12.9"x12.1" inside dimensions) for only $259.95 you can get here at Cases2Go.

Looks like a reasonable price and likely be much cheaper than a Hardigg Cases I listed earlier. It does come empty without the custom foam, so again, placing weapons inside individual padded soft cases and then inside here would work great.

Pelican 1740
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links