Blue Jeans???

This is a discussion on Blue Jeans??? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it's in the wrong spot I apologize. Mods feel free to move it. My job requires ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Jeans???

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar

Blue Jeans???

I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it's in the wrong spot I apologize. Mods feel free to move it.

My job requires me to wear blue jeans and since I'm relatively new to carrying a weapon I never realized that the jeans I have worn for years are not very CC friendly.(pockets are way too small)

What do you guys like for jeans? It would be nice to find some that I could fit my p238 in the back pocket.

So lets hear it!

2. Remove Ads

Ive never really pocket carried a handgun, BUT you can look at:

Scroll down after clicking this link to see it
    Products

OR

002 [002] - $35.30 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

I would much prefer the Don Hume to be honest.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

I pocket carry extensively in jeans, but use the front pockets w/ a Nemesis holster. I find the Carhart, Dickies, Key, etc. jeans have lots of room to put things. These are what my wife calls farmer jeans, with room to bend, not the 'sprayed' on jeans. Plenty of room for a pm9, or snub 38 in a front pocket. I've carried a p3at in the rear pocket, but never tried anything larger.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

VIP Member
    Do a web search for Toters jeans. I have not tried these, but they look interesting. They are a bit on the expensive side however.
    Last edited by ksholder; June 19th, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I have a friend who insists on pocket carry. He takes his trousers to a seamstress he knows and has the pockets on his trousers modified. He has the pocket strengthened and enlarged. He swears by this and has done it for years.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Ex Member
    My S&W 638 rides in my front jeans pocket as I write this.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    My S&W 638 rides in my front jeans pocket as I write this.
    And how does that help me?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    What kind of weapon do you normally EDC? I EDC in my right front pocket, and its comfortable for me. I find the draw to be MUCH faster than IWB, and MUCH more comfortable (I'm 5' 10" , and 240lbs. I don't need to add MORE to my waist band). I've never had my pockets re-done or had the need to. The only thing I've had happen was corner wear on my jeans from a pocket folder. I swear by standard cargo style pocket jeans. They seem to have a larger pocket. Be aware, as not all pocket holsters are created equally as well. Some have more of a rounded or triangle bottom, while others have a flat bottom (more appropriate, for say dockers.)

I have to wear Cintas (44", normally 40" from store-bought. Stupid Cintas!) work pants daily, and I drop a J-frame in there everyday.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Since they don't conceal the gun, I wouldn't consider Toters much for concealed carry.

+1 for "He takes his trousers to a seamstress he knows and has the pockets on his trousers modified. He has the pocket strengthened and enlarged." It's surprising how inexpensive an alteration can be and make carry easy. Same for spare mag carry.

Go shopping ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Wrangler Cargo Jeans work perfect, and they only cost about $20 at Walmart. You might have to go up a size.

all of my wranglers fit my p238 in my front pocket i don't see how the p238 wouldn't fit in the back pocket (could be and am often wrong though)? Are you putting anything in there with it? Generally you want to have only two things in the "gun pocket" and well that's the gun/holster combo. I use a Don Hume pocket holster as well

I think your best bet is to go to a store that carries a wide variety of brands like J.C Penny's or Kohls, take your weapon along and just try a bunch on. Grab a pair of each and hit the dressing room. Will also allow you to experiment with sizes. When I lost my weight and found out that I couldn't conceal as well in clothes that fit I did basically the same thing. Whenever I go shopping my gun always goes with me and get's worn while I try on clothes. Kind of a pain when trying on pants but WELL worth the trouble.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Carpenter jeans are also very roomy, comfortable, and have pockets large enough to accomodate a pocket holster and weapon. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Talking

Get the relaxed fit in any number of brands. They will allow you more wiggle room in the front pocket area. I personally have never been able to carry anything bigger than a j-frame in a front pocket comfortably.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links