Problems with 4 Sevens Quark Mini 123

This is a discussion on Problems with 4 Sevens Quark Mini 123 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My 4 Sevens Quark Mini 123 came on in my pocket, so I turned it off. But, the battery was dead the next time I ...

Thread: Problems with 4 Sevens Quark Mini 123

My 4 Sevens Quark Mini 123 came on in my pocket, so I turned it off. But, the battery was dead the next time I tried to use it. I guess the light came on in my pocket again, and I did not realize it.

So, I called 4 Sevens, and they told me to turn it more to the right to see if that helps.

So, I started to carry my Fenix LD10. It never comes on in my pocket. But, I like the size of the Quark mini much better for EDC. However, I can not afford to keep replacing batteries. Also, I never know if the light will work due to dead batteries. This is disappointing because I use it for my job.

Has anyone else had this problem?

i dont have a mini....but how about sticking it lens up in the coin pocket of ur jeans?

I don't have a coin pocket. But, I am going to buy a new battery and try turning it more, so it doesn't turn on if bumped.

I also noticed that if you touch the end it turns on. According to the person that answered the phone at 4 sevens, this will stop if I rotate it 90-100 degrees.

I have the same light I carry in my pocket,I turn it at least a full turn so it won't come on,If you want I can make you a leather holster with a snap loop,just pay actual S&H to your door,about $5.00
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

There is a sweet spot on the four sevens where just a little pressure will turn them on. Squeeze the flashlight lengthwise between your thumb and index finger, if it comes on it will in your pocket. Then mark that spot with a sharpie and you will know where it is. I carry one to look down in tank rail cars to see if they are empty, pretty much carry mine around my neck on a lanyard. Makes it handy.

I carry the Mini all the time. I don't think I've ever had it come on by itself. Though it does bump my cell phone once in a while making it go "boop, boop."

Dukalmighty, thanks! I will try turning it more. If that doesn't work, I will take you up on your offer.

I didn't realize how far you had to rotate the light. So, I killed one battery. Since I wanted new batteries immediately, I sucked it up and paid $10 for 2 at Wal-Mart.

Big Gary, when I told the person at 4 Sevens about my problem, she told me to get a new battery and that most people carry it on their key-chain. She finally asked someone about my problem, and they told her to tell me to rotate the light 90-100 degrees.

Well, I appreciate the help here. As long as I rotate the light more, it should be OK. I would just turn it until it went off. 4 Sevens should tell you about this or put an off mark on the light, so the $5 batteries are not killed.

At first, I thought there was something wrong with my light.

Links