Best high quality HEAVY DUTY range bag?

This is a discussion on Best high quality HEAVY DUTY range bag? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, My chintzy Walmart bookbag I have been using for range bag finally went the way of all the earth and ripped. It's time for ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best high quality HEAVY DUTY range bag?

Well,

My chintzy Walmart bookbag I have been using for range bag finally went the way of all the earth and ripped. It's time for a quality, heavy duty range bag. I'm looking for something that I can throw literally off the back of a truck through some brush and not have it tear or transmit alot of shock to the contents inside along with not tossing everything out. I'd like to have plenty of exterior magazine pockets plus at least two large external zippered compartments along with interior space thats high enough to hold a can of spray glue standing up, etc. Heavy cordua fabric and heavy zippers as well. I guess I'm looking for a medium type police patrol type duty bag, but not as heavy duty as something hard shelled like a pelican case.

Is anybody using a duty bag for a range bag? Pics? (I.e Hatch, 5.11, streichers, etc.)

Any ideas or suggestions?

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

The Midway competition bag for $40. Much better than it's price would lead you to expect.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcmb View Post
    The Midway competition bag for $40. Much better than it's price would lead you to expect.
    +1

I have beat mine silly for three and a half years now as my "range" is open desert. Tough as nails.

Maxpedition makes some great stuff.

Don't do like me and buy three range bags until you see the light.
    Get the Midway bag. Way better than you'd expect for $40.

Thank us later, just do it.

Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Friggin' Midway is out of stock :(. I'm surprised at the good feedback though!

Anybody have any interior pics? I want to see it opened up!

The ones on the midwayusa site suck.

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Bar none, the Midway Competition Range Bag is the best there is.

Best purchase I ever made! Plenty of room to carry everything including your first aid kit which should be part of every shooting session.

Technical Information: MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag

* Overall Dimensions: 22"L x 15"W x 10"H
    * 9 Total pockets: 7 on main bag - 2 on removable stage bag/ammunition carrier
    * 14 Total magazine pouches 1-1/2"L x 4-1/2"H 8 in rear compartment - 6 in stage bag/ammunition carrier
    * Fired brass carrying bag 5" Diameter 6"H with cinch top, reinforced mesh bottom and chrome plated steel clasps
    * Heavy duty 2"W x 52"L removable carrying strap with shoulder pad and chrome plated steel clasps
    * Full wrap around carrying straps with 5" strap connector/handle with hook and loop closure
    * External ID pocket
    * 2 Non-slip stabilizing pads 2" x 5" on bottom of bag
    * Main compartment 17"L x 10"W x 10"H
    * Includes:
    o 2 removable padded pistol rugs with zippers 8-1/2"H x 12"W fit most large frame semi-auto pistols and revolvers with barrels up to 6"
    o Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier with carrying handles for portability 15"L x 5"W x7-1/2"H
    o Removable stage bag/ammunition carrier features:
    + 2 Padded zippered pockets 7-1/2"H x 15"L
    + 2 Padded moveable hook and loop equiped compartment walls
    + 2 Chrome plated steel D-rings for quick attachment of the carry strap
    + Full wrap-around nylon handles
    * Front compartments - 2 Padded zippered pockets 8"L x 2"W x 8"H - Right side pocket features embroidered MidwayUSA Logo
    * Right side compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 8"H with 5 internal elastic accessory holders 1-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H
    * Left side compartments - 1 Padded zippered pocket 4"L x 2"W x 8"H and 1 padded beverage holder with drain hole
    * Rear compartment - 1 Padded zippered pocket 8"L x 2"W x 16"W which features:
    * 8 magazine pouches
    * Internal padded pocket 8"L by 15-1/2"W
    * 12 various sized internal elastic accessory holders designed to hold brushes, jags etc for calibers from 50 down to 17

For those who do not like all black because they tend to lose their stuff inside, they are now making it in OD green as well. I think that's a good move as I once lost one of my pistols inside one of the pockets for a couple months. I thought I checked through it about a dozen times but kept missing the gun.

Anyway, get the Midway bag and you won't regret it!

You can get it here.

You can see a video review here.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I watched the video, and it has me about sold! I guess I was under the impression it was something cheesy. Anybody have any inside info as to when they'll be back instock?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mfcmb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    +1

I have beat mine silly for three and a half years now as my "range" is open desert. Tough as nails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Don't do like me and buy three range bags until you see the light.
    Get the Midway bag. Way better than you'd expect for $40.

Thank us later, just do it.
    Another vote for the Midway Bag, I've got the OD green version. I've got some pics somewhere, stand by.

JD
    Administrator
    Here we go.

It also comes with two gun rugs and a draw string bag. Not bad at all for the price. I like the OD green because I can label the pouches w/ just a Sharpie.

I might be able to take some better pics of mine later to show more detail. The nylon is thick and the hardware (zippers, etc.) seem quite tough.

Sold! Thanks JD! Your Pictures did it!

J

:grumbles: stupid midway out of stock haha.

Distinguished Member
    JD, is that really olive drab in your photos? It looks more of a charcoal gray.

After seeing the video and those photos I almost wish I got that over the TacForce bag I got. Midway only had black at the time and I wanted something a little different and went with digital desert camo. It's nice but it doesn't have nearly the storage compartments that the Midway one does.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    JD, is that really olive drab in your photos? It looks more of a charcoal gray.

After seeing the video and those photos I almost wish I got that over the TacForce bag I got. Midway only had black at the time and I wanted something a little different and went with digital desert camo. It's nice but it doesn't have nearly the storage compartments that the Midway one does.
    The one in the pictures is a buddy's bag, it's black.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links