Truglo

This is a discussion on Truglo within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who has experience carrying a weapon with Truglo tritium/fiber optic sights? I'd appreciate any input. My Glock 19 sights are going dark, and I'm considering ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NCHornet

Thread: Truglo

Truglo

Who has experience carrying a weapon with Truglo tritium/fiber optic sights? I'd appreciate any input. My Glock 19 sights are going dark, and I'm considering taking this "new" direction. I'm also open to other suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

I have TRU GLO TFOs on my P229/.40...absolutely love them. Great for day time--quick to pick up...great for low-light shooting. I plan on putting them on my other guns too...my P226 has SIG Night sights....but they are waning.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

best all around sights out there

All of my several Glocks wear TFOs, including my frequently carried G19, and I have installed several sets for customers. I have never had any problems with mine, and I clean with Hoppe's, Gunslick Bore Foam, and X1-R lube. I try to keep Gunscrubber away from them, but I have used it with no problems. Of all the sights I have done for customers, I had one bad rear sight, it went dim a day or so after installing it. A call to Tru Glo got a replacement shipped without hassle.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I have TFO's on 6 of my Glocks. I have used them for the past 3 years. They are great "game gun" sights but I do not trust them for defensive carry. I have lost 3 front fiber inserts and a rear fiber insert. The sights still work and the tritium remains but it does effect a quick sight picture during a match. They have all been replaced with no questioned asked. I love them for low light and for their light gathering capabilities but I use Hienie St 8's on my carry guns.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

They are on my EDC and I love them. Some of the older ones had issues with the fiber optic on the front sight has a tendency to pop out.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
    Who has experience carrying a weapon with Truglo tritium/fiber optic sights? I'd appreciate any input. My Glock 19 sights are going dark, and I'm considering taking this "new" direction. I'm also open to other suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.
    I got TFO night sights on my EDC(G23) , they super bright at any time . The only problem I had was the front sight getting loose, but I fixed after I put some loc-tite on the screw.
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (74.5 KB, 25 views)

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
    Thanks in advance.
    I will not have another truglo sight. I have had TWO front sites lose the tritium/fiber optic site. This is on a Kimber Custom II. They were nice when they were there but since they failed what good are they?

And customer support was not very helpful.
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I have them on a Sig 226, no problems, very visible in any light conditions.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I put these on my FNP's last week, I am very impressed at how good they are in day and they really are sweet at night. An exellent upgrade.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I have them on two of my Sigs and have another front coming for my third. I like Heinie Straight 8's on my 1911's and TruGlo's on my Sigs. I don't know how they're made for other guns, but they're pretty enclosed on my Sigs and can't imagine them coming out....and I beat on my Sigs. They gather a ton of light even in lower light.

Now, I had a tube come out on my Benny Hill 1911, but I keep a couple rods and just cut and glue a new one in when needed.....but I don't carry 1911's with that type of fiber optic front sight.

They might be hard to see. the rear is standard white outlined tritium and the front is the TruGlo. In the second image you can see the front sight top on the 229 at the very bottom of the image. have them on the Blackwater too, but don't have a very good picture of it.

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I have them on all of my Glocks and love them. No problems to report here
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Yjey are hands down the very best sights I have used. The problem they had with tubes coming loose has long been resolved, if you have the older ones and you have lost a tube call them and they will send you a new one. I have had them for almost 2 years and have them on most of my carry guns. I have used almost all the different brands of NS. They all tend to wash out in the day time, this is where the TFO's really shine. The fiber optics glow so bright it is like there is a light bulb inside them. At night they glow very, very bright. Brighter than all the others. I am typing this and the room is dark except for the light from my laptop screen and I can see them glowing brightly on the night stand. I use the sets that have green rear and orange for the front.
    beaulanger likes this.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Links