Good Results With Burris Fastfire II Sight

This is a discussion on Good Results With Burris Fastfire II Sight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm getting old and I don't see the front sight as well as I used to so I'm experimenting with various optics. I've got CT ...

Thread: Good Results With Burris Fastfire II Sight

I'm getting old and I don't see the front sight as well as I used to so I'm experimenting with various optics. I've got CT grips on my snubby, a Streamlight/laser on my XD and have just put a Fastfire II on my Sig 226. I had a good result my first day at the range. The following target was shot at 50 feet with a 226. I'm interested, of course in the longevity of the sight. Anybody own a Fastfire?

Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I have one on a pin shooting pistol. You really have to make sure the screws holding the mount to the sight are tight and preferably Loc-Tited into position. Be careful though, the mount is Aluminum and the screws are soft steel, so you can strip both the mount and the heads of the screws. The whole thing has to be taken off the gun to replace the battery, and then you have to re-zero. You have to loosen two tiny set screws to allow the zeroing screws to be moved. You can't adjust the brightness. When it works, it is a good solution. I guess I'm just a little disappointed because with a slightly different design it would be good to great. As it is, I'm reluctant to use it for anything serious, as when it stops working, which it does too often (kind of hard on batteries), there is no backup sight possible.

Sponsored Links