The Civilian C2 Taser As A Viable Option For Those Unable To Carry A Firearm ?

This is a discussion on The Civilian C2 Taser As A Viable Option For Those Unable To Carry A Firearm ? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Your thoughts, comments & opinion always welcome. Feel free to chime in. http://www.itaser.com/product_tour.html Can also be used as a Stun Gun. One thing that I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Civilian C2 Taser As A Viable Option For Those Unable To Carry A Firearm ?

Administrator

The Civilian C2 Taser As A Viable Option For Those Unable To Carry A Firearm ?

Your thoughts, comments & opinion always welcome. Feel free to chime in.

http://www.itaser.com/product_tour.html

Can also be used as a Stun Gun.

One thing that I did not know is that if you ever need to use it the unit auto pulses for 30 seconds. You just set it down...leave the unit operating at the scene...and run like heck. 30 seconds to get away. Not bad.

Taser International will replace the unit at no cost.

We at TASER International are 100% committed to protecting life your life. That is why we will replace your TASER C2 free of charge should you ever need to use it to defend yourself. In that event, leave your C2 behind, get to a safe place, and contact police for help. If your C2 is not recovered or is damaged, send a copy of the police report to us, and well send you a new one.

You should know that the Taser blows out tiny Taggins along with the electrical probes that are registered to you.
    The Police that arrive at the scene will know who used the Taser by making a phone call and calling in the Taggin #.

If some stranger "happens along" and picks up the unit before the Police arrive or the Bad Guy gets ahold of it...that person will have to order new probes from Taser using the handpiece registration number and Taser will then know that the unit is not registered to that individual.

That's interesting.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I cant imagin a 30 second hit.

I took a 5 second hit and I was looking for air when it was over.The muscles in my calves were sore for 3 days.

30 seconds of tensing every muscle in your body would leave you sore for weeks.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I would consider it a viable alternative for those who are unable to carry a firearm. Beats nothing by a long shot.

It looks like the folks at taser have been listening to what people say in regards to their products. The 30 second thing is a good idea, as it can get you out of the danger zone. I also like the Taser will replace the unit if you have to use it for defense (I don't guess that zapping friends for youtube would count). It's still a single shot kind of thing, so multiple attackers would be an issue (yes it is also a stun gun, but contact distance with attackers is still an issue). But its better than nothing provided both probes contact the bg (another issue). But if I was trying to decide between mace or a taser, I'd take one of these over the spray, I've never really heard of anyone building up a tolerance to getting shocked by tasers, and I've seen Marines scream like girls during training when they get hit with them. Plus I really do like that 30 second feature.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Definitely beats having nothing at all. I hadn't thought about the problem of having multiple attackers that buckeye brought up but in such a case I see no reason why you couldn't use both taser and mace if you had multiple attackers.

I can also see it as being a good means of defense in cases where your life is not in danger and you might not be justified in killing someone - not to say that anyone should use one in a trivial manner.

VIP Member
    Yes they are a good option. I got one for my wife since she teaches at a college and the G26 has to stay in the car so at least she has something (in addition to her knife). I got her the model with light/laser. It comes on when the door cover is opened.
    I trained her on the taser, basically just like we were at the PD (no, I didn't tase her like we had to ), so she knows what works, what doesn't, and how to use it.

I've studied these tasers since they came out, comparing them to my issued X26 duty taser. I would recommend them to anyone that is "afraid of guns", or doesn't want to own one so at least they have something. I'm sure we all know those people in our world.
    That being said, people that get these need to practice SA, and have the mindset of wanting to inflict severe pain on someone at the drop of a hat when threatened.

You have to submit to a background check to purchase it and submit info to taser to get a code to input on the taser to activate it before its usable.
    The 24 colored pieces blown out of the cartridge, called AFIDS, are left at the scene when the probes are deployed. They have the serial number of the probe pack which is tied to the user that bought the unit.
    If you use it in self-defense taser will replace not just the cartridge but the whole unit since its designed to be set down when it starts the 30 second cycle and then you do your best imitation of flash gordon.

-replacement probe packs $25 (should practice just like a firearm to know what it will do)
    -probes go out 15ft
    -30 second cycle (can be interrupted by closing the door cover)
    -clip on holster available
    -easy to use--laser dot is impact of one probe, other leaves at an 8 degree angle
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Administrator
    Great reply 64zebra
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

another bonus.

you can purchase a mylar "target" and extra cartridges for about $25 each and get some practice shots in from time to time. Train with with you carry applies even to Tazer.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Yep, the Taser is all that and a bag of chips but yet, you can not carry one in Michigan. Its dumb, I can shoot someone but I bet not tase them.......

I would love to own a Taser, not as a replacement for my gun but as a add on. I would prefer to tase someone that has a bat, etc then to shoot/kill them.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I would love to own a Taser, not as a replacement for my gun but as a add on. I would prefer to tase someone that has a bat, etc then to shoot/kill them.
    I think that a Taser is great for those that can't or aren't willing to carry a gun. If you had both a pistol and a Taser against someone with a deadly weapon like a bat within 15 feet, why go to less-lethal force? If it was your only option, fine.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Administrator
    My problem with it is this; If you are unwilling to use a firearm, chances are you will be unable to use a Taser should the time come. It gives a false sense of security for those who are mentally weak.
    And, the common misconception is that the Taser is some easy to use point and click type of device. It is not. It takes some skill (maybe even more than a firearm) to get two (Yes, I said two) solid hits in order for the device to work. You need to be fairly knowledgeable and able to make a quick decision and act on it in order for the device to be used as designed. It is far from fool proof. One needs to judge distance, clothing type, body type, angles and even weather conditions to be able to deploy a Taser with a high degree of success.

I think the C2 gives a dangerous sense of false security. It is not a device that one can pull out of the box and deploy with a great degree of success like Taser or those selling it claim it to be.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    SIXTO, I think the term "mentally weak" is kind of derogatory. I know a number of people who would not shoot someone with a gun due to their personal beliefs. My wife, for example, would not carry or shoot someone with a gun, yet is far from being "mentally weak", being an executive in a high pressure industry. She was not raised in a gun household, and her religious beliefs also impact her actions. I don't always agree with her (obviously), but I respect her positions on this, as she does mine.

The C2 is better than nothing, just like OC, knives, sticks, Martial Arts, or even handguns (rather than long guns).

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    SIXTO, I think the term "mentally weak" is kind of derogatory. I know a number of people who would not shoot someone with a gun due to their personal beliefs. My wife, for example, would not carry or shoot someone with a gun, yet is far from being "mentally weak", being an executive in a high pressure industry. She was not raised in a gun household, and her religious beliefs also impact her actions. I don't always agree with her (obviously), but I respect her positions on this, as she does mine.

The C2 is better than nothing, just like OC, knives, sticks, Martial Arts, or even handguns (rather than long guns).
    Read what I have written again. I didnt say that people who would not use a firearm are mentally weak. I said that a Taser delivers a false sense of security to those who are.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I see a taser as a option for those who can not carry/own a gun because of their local laws

BUT

As SIXTO pointed out they would have be able to judge distance. I can see people under stress firing a taser at someone outside of 15' or just getting one hit with a dart
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

It is a tool to be trained with...and it needs to be deployed "just so" for it to be effective. You have to have a mindset and know the limitaions and ability of it before you carry it. If you are not ready to be an "explosion of warfare" when your life is on the line it wont matter if you have a mini RPG in your purse.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links