Swiss is Sweet - Swiss Army replaced my old bck pck w/a new one!

This is a discussion on Swiss is Sweet - Swiss Army replaced my old bck pck w/a new one! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Swiss Army backpack that I have used everyday for about 10 years. Over time, the straps on it have worn to the ...

Thread: Swiss is Sweet - Swiss Army replaced my old bck pck w/a new one!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Swiss is Sweet - Swiss Army replaced my old bck pck w/a new one!

I have a Swiss Army backpack that I have used everyday for about 10 years. Over time, the straps on it have worn to the point to where it was not going to be possible to strap it on my back anymore - if I didn't do something about it soon.

About two weeks ago, I took it back to the store where I bought it. I asked the owner if it would be more costly to repair it than if I simply bought a new one? The owner told me that the back packs are guaranteed for life. She told me that she would send it in to see what the factory has to say about it. She told me that they have a repair or replace policy. She said if they replaced it, I would have to pay for the shipping to which I agreed.

Today I received a call saying that my new back pack was in the store waiting for me to pick up. I went into the city today and paid $13.00 for shipping and left with my new Swiss Army back pack.

I can't believe they replaced a bag that was that old. I am extremely impressed with Swiss Army's customer service.

I bought a Briggs & Riley back pack two weeks ago and the tag that came on it said that if it ever wears out to send it in and they would fix it for free. The tag went on to say that they would fix it, even if it was damaged at the airport. The company claims that they want to see how their products wear so that they can improve them - they call it "reality engineering".

Just thought I would pass along what I found out today. It's so rare that I hear about excellent customer support as this and thought you might benefit from it as well.

Grace & Peace

2. Remove Ads

Nice to know, I have a Swiss back pack over here and due to rough handling on military flights it has a zipper that has a bad spot in it. I'll have to send it back when I gethome.

VIP Member
    Sweet, now if only some other manufactures would stand behind their products like that.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Not to highjack the thread but another manufacturer that stands behind their product 100% is Eddie Bauer. I am very impressed with the quality of their gear/clothing and everything they sell is guaranteed to satisfy or your money back/replaced. I love any company that backs its product.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: Hot Damn! What a Ride!

Gen3 G19
    Taurus TCP
    Ruger 22/45

Administrator
    There are several companies that have been licensed to use the Swiss Army label. Do you know which one made your pack?
    "Just blame Sixto"

SWEET! I'm going to have to look into sending mine in. I too have had mine for going on at least a good 8 years now and the straps are finally wearing through. Did they replace yours with the exact same model or what? I'm just worried if they stopped making the same model or something.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Sweet, now if only some other manufactures would stand behind their products like that.
    Yes, Swiss Army makes good stuff.
    Since I travel almost every week, I've learned the best luggage is Briggs and Riley. Lifetime guarantee, even airline damage, and I can take it to a shop locally. I've had it for years and the airlines can't destroy it.

The worst (IMO) Tumi. For the money it's junk. Screws fall out, handles break, frame is weak.

My wife just picked up a Swiss Army backpack/laptop case for her trip back to CONUS...sounds like she made a good choice!

Thanks for posting your experience!
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    There are several companies that have been licensed to use the Swiss Army label. Do you know which one made your pack?
    I'm sorry, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    SWEET! I'm going to have to look into sending mine in. I too have had mine for going on at least a good 8 years now and the straps are finally wearing through. Did they replace yours with the exact same model or what? I'm just worried if they stopped making the same model or something.
    No, I'm afraid they didn't replace it with the exact same model. My model had been discontinued so they replaced it with an equivalent. That's the downside if you really like the one you have, it could be replaced by a newer model, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Yes, Swiss Army makes good stuff.
    Since I travel almost every week, I've learned the best luggage is Briggs and Riley. Lifetime guarantee, even airline damage, and I can take it to a shop locally. I've had it for years and the airlines can't destroy it.

The worst (IMO) Tumi. For the money it's junk. Screws fall out, handles break, frame is weak.
    I just bought a Briggs & Riley and the tag on it said they would stand by it, even if the airport breaks it. You can afford to pay a little more for a quality bag if it is going to last you a life time.

Links