nice cheap edc light FOUND!

This is a discussion on nice cheap edc light FOUND! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tszpara I've got a Fenix P1D, Surefire E1e,6P,maglight and probably a few others. I've broken almost every flashlight I owned. I ordered ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: nice cheap edc light FOUND!

Quote Originally Posted by tszpara View Post
    I've got a Fenix P1D, Surefire E1e,6P,maglight and probably a few others. I've broken almost every flashlight I owned.

I ordered one of these cheap Chinese knockoffs.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13096

If I break it who cares. I have another one to replace it. Takes one CR123A battery so it's small and bright.
    Just ordered a few more to give as gifts.
    Looks cool, my only thing is I carried a dorcy without a clip for a while and half the time I wanted it quickly I had to fish in my pocket for it. Clip was a requirement for me

2. Remove Ads

Looks nice.I just bought a NEBO light at a thrift store.$10 bucks,defense bezel,uses 1 AA and stays o for a few hours straight.Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    So, I've been hunting for a light that I can pocket carry, that has a good reliable switch, a pocket clip and is suitably bright that comes in under $20 for a long time.

Well, I've found it.

1W 1AA light by Energizer. $15.94 from Target. Lifetime guarantee XR-C LED pocket clip (that i reversed to carry button up) and I love it.

lots of reviews and info here
    Candlepower forums energizer 1w 1aa
    I have owned that exact light for over a year now and I can tell you I LOVE IT! I have carried it every single day for over a year. It is rugged, handy (it has a lanyard) and lasts a long, long time on a single AA battery.

I have given them as gifts to several people and they have all loved them as well. It's a great light and I highly recommend it!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

http://www.dealextreme.com/photogallery.dx/sku.14899

Check out the lights at this website!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

so if you unscrew the tail cap, look closely at it to either side of the spring you will see some small cut outs. Stick an allen in each one and hold them both, then turn them together. It will unscrew the switch from the threads holding it in. If you look closely at it I'm sure you'll make sense of it.

That said, I put mine back in with the switch up I have no issue with it turning on that I care about.
    Got it! Thanks

LDO
    I looked for one at my local target but they've been sold out for a while so last weekend while i was out of town, I found a target store and picked one up. Nice light and I'm happy with it.

Thanks for the info!
    Semper Fi!

Saw this 15.00 light in Target yesterday and remembered reading about it here so I bought one, like the pocket clip. But what I really wanted to mention was the cool keychain light I noticed hanging beside it by Energizer that I also bought. I have a little Swiss-Tech keychain light I picked up for 4.97 at Lowes but the Energizer for 6.47 is twice the light, plus has high, low and a strobe function.
    http://energizer.com/_layouts/displa.../HTKC2BUBP.jpg
    Last edited by 9c4me; January 1st, 2011 at 12:15 PM.

So, I've been hunting for a light that I can pocket carry, that has a good reliable switch, a pocket clip and is suitably bright that comes in under $20 for a long time.

Well, I've found it.

1W 1AA light by Energizer. $15.94 from Target. Lifetime guarantee XR-C LED pocket clip (that i reversed to carry button up) and I love it.

lots of reviews and info here
    Candlepower forums energizer 1w 1aa

I purchased 2 of these from Target for each set of my keys and can say that even though they are only rated at about 45-lumens, it seems to be about 75-80% as bright as my other pocket light which is rated at 200 lumens. For $15 this is an excellent value. Works fine with rechargeable batteries too. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I want at least 120 lumens for a SD or weapons light. Don't think this one will get that bright. But if it fits your needs go for it. Fenix makes some decent lights at a affordable price.

I have an Olight T10 and it is suppose to be rated at 200+ lumens, and I shined this $15 Energizer light purchased from Target next to it and I can honestly say that the Energizer light is about 75-80% as bright as the Olight T10. From the specs on Energizer's sight, they rate this $15 light at only 45 lumens. So either:

1. The Olight is over rated
    2. The Engergizer light is underrated

Do not get me wrong, the Olight is very bright for a single C123 battery light, but for $15 I say try this Energizer light out. I hope this helps. God Bless

I'm sorry to tell you that that light is inconvenient to carry ,what's more,its quality was bad,because i got the same exact one......

Just wanted to chime in and say that I have two of these and love them. They are a great size, super bright, have a lanyard and clip (and allows you to clip onto the bill of your hat if you wish), and best of all they are a good price. Another benefit is that they take one AA, so I keep a rechargeable AA in it, when it dies I have another rechargeable AA I can replace it with (and then charge the other one up again). Plus, if it ever dies when I'm out of town it's pretty easy and cheap to get a AA battery.

I also have an Inova X5 (takes a CR123) and it is comparable in brightness, and build quality is the same (metal, solid).

so, six months later, and I still love this little light.

Its much more beaten up, but I'm glad I've steered others to a nice little bargain light

I'll let you know, I carried mine for about 3 years and the regulator circuit failed. I called Energizer to find out where I could buy a new one, and they sent me a shipping label and instructions on how to send mine back to them for free repair or replacement! On a beat to crap $20 light. That's some great customer service.

just sent it off to Energizer today in fact. They say to give them 4 weeks to get it or its replacement back to me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I've enjoyed that little Energizer light also, but while recently shopping in Target I noticed this for 21.99 and had to buy it- Energizer 130 lumens high intensity LED flashlight- http://www.energizerlightingproducts.../EMHIL21E.aspx
    This light is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    Looks nice.I just bought a NEBO light at a thrift store.$10 bucks,defense bezel,uses 1 AA and stays o for a few hours straight.Love it.
    I bought four or five of these same lights and they work great for the money plus I like using the single AA battery.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links