nice cheap edc light FOUND!

This is a discussion on nice cheap edc light FOUND! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Xeccon flashlight which is similar with this one....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: nice cheap edc light FOUND!

I have a Xeccon flashlight which is similar with this one.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I have really cut down on the bulk & weight of all "stuff" that I would normally "daily carry"

So I scrapped my larger EDC light for this little tiny GERBER SONIC. It's Aluminum construction & it was $8.00 & $3.00 Shipping on Ebay.

It runs on one AAA and (for sure) does not blast out any sort of super powerful blinding light beam.
    It's more than bright enough for me to use it to extricate myself from some building or basement if...say...there is a total power-failure/blackout.
    I really am not a flashlight fanatic and seldom (if ever) have any dire use for one.
    I store a larger & brighter light in the vehicle and (of course) I have more than a few of them around the house.

That ENERGIZER that you bought is nice and small. I might invest in one of those to toss into the Bug Out Bag.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I recommend the Fenix PD20 for a cheap EDC light. It costs approximately $40 - $45 and it is extremely bright, robust and perfect for EDC.

Another great option is the Streamlight Microstream which costs only $20 - $25 and it is amazing.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by 9c4me View Post
    I've enjoyed that little Energizer light also, but while recently shopping in Target I noticed this for 21.99 and had to buy it- Energizer 130 lumens high intensity LED flashlight- http://www.energizerlightingproducts.../EMHIL21E.aspx
    This light is awesome!
    Do you have update on this one?
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    Do you have update on this one?
    alomos
    I do. I've had mine for months and use it daily. Its holding up very well. I need to go buy a few more.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Had the light in the OP for a year now, it is my go to light and has held up wonderfully. The only thing is I use it a lot and battery life is kinda short, but honestly I knew that going it.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Administrator
    The New Energizer TINKERBELL TACTICAL.

JK/JK
    TSiWRX likes this.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    ^ That is awesome!

My 5-year-old brought her Fenix P2D Premium to class, on "flashlight day." -ALL- of her classmates wanted to play with her flashlight.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I've got a Rayovac Sportsman Extreme 1 watt light that is labeled as 45 lumens. It's a bit larger (approx. 5.5 inches) than the Energizer that you show, but it likely has the same LED lamp in it - mine is not identified. The Rayovac Sportman Extreme 3 watt light is about 80 lumens.

I'm currently using a 4Sevens Quark 123 Tactical R5 light which is capable of a maximum 205 lumens, has 5 power regulated brightness levels & 3 strobe levels, & is only 3 times the cost of the Energizer...& it's only 3.2 inches long. It's extremely easy to hold, fits nicely in the pocket or the supplied mini-holster, & comes with or without a pocket clip.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I'll try it out. Used to surefires tho so we'll see how she holds up ; D

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Had the light in the OP for a year now, it is my go to light and has held up wonderfully. The only thing is I use it a lot and battery life is kinda short, but honestly I knew that going it.
    Really? I've found the opposite with mine. (battery life)
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Really? I've found the opposite with mine. (battery life)
    Yep. I'v been carrying this light for about a week after this thread was started and it still has the original battery in it. I don't use it all that much, if I do use it's it's usually only for a few minutes at a time if I am looking for something in the shed or under a bed. I never carried a light full time until I got this one. It's amazing though how often I do grab it. Maybe it's because I'm over 50 now and the eyes are not what they used to be.

I think for the money, both in initial cost and operating cost this light is a good bargin. I tried switching the clip around to the cap end but it didn't really seem like it was going to fit properly so I left it as it was originally. I have only had it come on once in my pocket, that I know of. I think I put in back in my pocket when sitting down and it clicked on. I noticed it a few minutes later when I wondered who was lighting me up as I walked past the front door landing. The light was probably on for a few minutes before I realized it. It gets a little warm BTW.

I have a flashlight which has all the features of yours. I bought it on the ebay about 35 dollars.My Xeccon H10 is a pocket and tactical LED flashlight, mainly use it for hunting, and it is powered by one 18650 Lithium ion battery, the max output is over 250 lumens. I like it very much and carry it everyday.

report: the energizer has been working well, small and easy to keep in my pocket it doesn't get in the way, it does get warm after a being on for a few minutes. I was very pleased with the momentary on button. Battery life seems decent. I REALLY liek the fact it is only take one single AAA
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links